|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cornelius knock over a table?
(a) To punctuate a joke.
(b) Mrs. Malloy tells him to.
(c) He does not like his dinner.
(d) He gets angry at Malachi.
2. How many entrances exist in Act 1?
3. What does Mr. Vandergelder smoke at the beginning of the play?
(c) A cigar.
(d) A pipe.
4. How is Rudolph described?
(a) As a snob.
(c) Loud and overbearing.
5. In Act 4, what continues to panic Miss Van H.?
(a) Her attraction to Mr. Vandergelder.
(b) Her lack of money to buy dinner.
(c) That her lover has not arrived.
(d) When people ask who she is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cornelius hope to do to Mrs. Malloy?
2. What does Mr. Vandergelder give Cornelius?
3. How old does Mr. Vandergelder think Cornelius is?
4. What does Miss Van H. demand Mr. Vandergelder do to the guests?
5. What position does Cornelius hold?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)