|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mrs. Levi, Mr. Vandergelder's should-be wife eats what?
(a) Creams and tarts.
(b) Meat and potatoes.
(c) Apples and lettuce.
(d) As little as possible.
2. In Act 1, whom does Mrs. Levi say she hoped Mr. Vandergelder would marry?
(a) Courtenay Marie.
(b) Ernestina Simple.
(c) Constance Bigsby.
(d) Ernesta Plain.
3. According to Mrs. Levi, Mr. Vandergelder's should-be bride's father is a what?
4. According to Mr. Vandergelder, merchants don't do business with what?
5. In Act 1, Mr. Vandergelder informs Joe of what secret?
(a) Ermengarde is pregnant.
(b) He plans to marry.
(c) His company has failed.
(d) Ambrose is a criminal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Mr. Vandergelder reveal he will propose to?
2. In Act 1, how does Joe call Cornelius?
3. How much money does Mr. Vandergelder lend Mrs. Levi?
4. Ambrose is dressed as what, at the beginning of Act 1?
5. What does Mrs. Levi suffer from?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)