|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ky give to Cassia while hiking in Chapter 15?
2. What does Ky tell Cassia about how he learned the activity in 76?
3. What artifact did Bram give up to the Officials?
4. What is Cassia's family doing outside in their nightclothes in the night?
5. What is in the package waiting for Cassia at home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Official warn Cassia might happen to Ky if they maintain their relationship?
2. What does Ky tell Cassia that he is and how does she feel about it?
3. Why does Ky teach Cassia to write her name?
4. What is the Prisoner's Dilemma and how does it relate to Cassia and Ky?
5. Why does Cassia think that she shouldn't be Matched to Xander?
6. What does Ky give to Cassia after they kiss on top of the hill?
7. What is the first word that Ky teaches Cassia to write?
8. Why does Society not want Cassia to be with Ky and what is Cassia's opinion of that?
9. What is depicted on the napkin that Ky gives to Cassia?
10. What is significant of Ky's behavior when playing games with Xander?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Grandfather. What is his role in the novel? What was the author trying to accomplish by introducing Grandfather's character in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Project into the future ten years after the end of the novel and write a brief synopsis for Cassia's life. Where will she be living? Who will be present in her life? To whom will she be Matched? What will her thoughts about Society be at this time?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of love. Identify at least two instances about love in the book and then cite examples to support your answer.
This section contains 1,091 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)