|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does KY NOT mean when he says they are running out of time?
2. Ky tells Cassia that he knows his data was interfered with and he knows that _______________________.
3. What does Ky whisper to Cassia as they head to the trains after hiking?
4. What word does Ky help Cassia learn to write?
5. What does Cassia learn about Ky from looking at the picture he drew?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ky mean when he tells Cassia they are running out of time and how does he feel about the decision Cassia made for him at his workplace?
2. What is depicted on the napkin that Ky gives to Cassia?
3. Why does Cassia think that she shouldn't be Matched to Xander?
4. What does Ky give to Cassia after they kiss on top of the hill?
5. In what ways are Cassia and her mother alike?
6. What artifact does Ky give to Cassia when she thought he would be returning her compact?
7. Describe how the connection between Cassia and Ky develops.
8. Why does Society not want Cassia to be with Ky and what is Cassia's opinion of that?
9. What is Society doing in the middle of the night that Cassia's mother considers to be a warning for her?
10. What secret activity does Cassia ask Ky to teach her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Ky. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were his dreams and fears? What was most valuable to him in his world?
Essay Topic 2
Ally Condie is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphor, and irony. Briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
Essay Topic 3
There are several events of foreshadowing in MATCHED. Define foreshadowing. Cite at least two situations in the story that serve as foreshadowing.
This section contains 1,209 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)