Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Ky and Cassia kiss for the first time?
2. What does Ky tell Cassia after she writes the phrase for him?
3. Cassia and her mother are alike in that they ______________________________.
4. What does Cassia tell Ky as they walk through the trees?
5. What does Cassia want to be able to write?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance of the book's title. What does the author mean by calling it simply MATCHED? What is he trying to emphasize with this emphatic style? Suggest three alternate titles for this book with supporting rationale for each.
Essay Topic 2
MATCHED is a novel written in the Dystopian genre. Explain what Dystopian means and why this book fits in the category.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Xander and Ky. Both young men are trying to carve out new lives but seem to have different methods and goals. How are Xander and Ky alike? How are they different? On what things do they agree? What is the thing that threatens to separate them? What other similarities and dissimilarities are there between the two characters?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)