|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the worker who stands in the middle of those who will remain and those to be relocated?
2. Which of the following is NOT a color of the land where Cassia and Ky live?
3. Cassia notices that her mother is missing _____________________.
4. Cassia realizes that she is in love with whom?
5. What artifact did Bram give up to the Officials?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ky mean when he tells Cassia they are running out of time and how does he feel about the decision Cassia made for him at his workplace?
2. Why does Cassia think that she shouldn't be Matched to Xander?
3. How does the Official subtly blackmail Cassia regarding her sorting work and the choices she makes?
4. How are Cassia and her family warned about their behavior with the cutting of the maple trees?
5. Why does Society not want Cassia to be with Ky and what is Cassia's opinion of that?
6. Why does Cassia have such a connection with nature?
7. How does Cassia realize that she and her mother are alike?
8. What is the first word that Ky teaches Cassia to write?
9. What gift does Ky give to Cassia and why does she withhold her feelings from him?
10. What does the Official warn Cassia might happen to Ky if they maintain their relationship?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are several events of foreshadowing in MATCHED. Define foreshadowing. Cite at least two situations in the story that serve as foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 2
Enforced compliance takes on an almost human persona in this book. What were the sources of forced compliance in the story? What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
Essay Topic 3
Coming of age is an important theme in MATCHED. Can you cite an example to support this theme? Name two other themes and cite examples to support your answer.
This section contains 1,322 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)