|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What noise awakens Cassia in the night?
2. What color pill does Cassia consider taking to calm down?
3. The Official tells Cassia that if her relationship with Ky continues, _______________________.
4. Cassia talks to her mother about love but does not tell her about __________________.
5. When Ky asks Cassia about her memories, she tells him about ________________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cassia hold back from telling Ky that she saw his face on the screen at her Match Banquet?
2. What does Ky mean when he tells Cassia they are running out of time and how does he feel about the decision Cassia made for him at his workplace?
3. What very difficult sorting decision does Cassia make regarding Ky and his workplace?
4. In what ways are Cassia and her mother alike?
5. What is depicted on the napkin that Ky gives to Cassia?
6. What does Cassia learn about the value of words in keeping a person alive?
7. How does Cassia realize that she and her mother are alike?
8. How does the Official subtly blackmail Cassia regarding her sorting work and the choices she makes?
9. What is the Prisoner's Dilemma and how does it relate to Cassia and Ky?
10. Why does Cassia think that she shouldn't be Matched to Xander?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Project into the future ten years after the end of the novel and write a brief synopsis for Cassia's life. Where will she be living? Who will be present in her life? To whom will she be Matched? What will her thoughts about Society be at this time?
Essay Topic 2
What is the greatest lesson Cassia learns from Ky? Is it that important lessons are also painful ones? What will Cassia always recall about her time with Ky?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Cassia. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were her dreams and fears? What was most valuable to her in her world?
This section contains 1,156 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)