|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom is Cassia teamed with during hiking one day?
2. What does Ky tell Cassia about how he learned the activity in 76?
3. Ky talks to Cassia about the _____________ Dilemma.
4. Who is the girl Cassia walks down the hill with during the hiking outing?
5. After she learns to write her name, what word does Ky teach Cassia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ky tell Cassia that he is and how does she feel about it?
2. Why does Society not want Cassia to be with Ky and what is Cassia's opinion of that?
3. How does Cassia realize that she and her mother are alike?
4. What does Cassia learn about the value of words in keeping a person alive?
5. Why does Ky teach Cassia to write her name?
6. What secret activity does Cassia ask Ky to teach her?
7. Describe how the connection between Cassia and Ky develops.
8. What is depicted on the napkin that Ky gives to Cassia?
9. What is Society doing in the middle of the night that Cassia's mother considers to be a warning for her?
10. What does Ky mean when he tells Cassia they are running out of time and how does he feel about the decision Cassia made for him at his workplace?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance of the book's title. What does the author mean by calling it simply MATCHED? What is he trying to emphasize with this emphatic style? Suggest three alternate titles for this book with supporting rationale for each.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Cassia. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were her dreams and fears? What was most valuable to her in her world?
Essay Topic 3
What is the greatest lesson Cassia learns from Ky? Is it that important lessons are also painful ones? What will Cassia always recall about her time with Ky?
This section contains 1,017 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)