|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What preoccupies Cassia's thoughts when she is at work one day?
2. Who is talking with Ky at the top of the hill when Cassia had hoped to talk to him?
3. Why are the Officials collecting artifacts?
4. When Ky asks Cassia about her memories, she tells him about ________________________.
5. What does Cassia think when she recalls being younger and seeing her mother wear a flower in her hair when she went out with her father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Official warn Cassia might happen to Ky if they maintain their relationship?
2. What secret activity does Cassia ask Ky to teach her?
3. Describe how the connection between Cassia and Ky develops.
4. What is the first word that Ky teaches Cassia to write?
5. Why does Cassia have such a connection with nature?
6. What does Cassia learn about the value of words in keeping a person alive?
7. In what ways are Cassia and her mother alike?
8. Why does Society not want Cassia to be with Ky and what is Cassia's opinion of that?
9. What gift does Ky give to Cassia and why does she withhold her feelings from him?
10. How does Cassia realize that she and her mother are alike?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of rebellion. Identify at least two instances about rebellion in the book. Then cite examples to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of love. Identify at least two instances about love in the book and then cite examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Coming of age is an important theme in MATCHED. Can you cite an example to support this theme? Name two other themes and cite examples to support your answer.
This section contains 1,235 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)