|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cassia notice when she is out to dinner with Xander?
2. The Official tells Cassia that she may have to tell the work centers that Cassis is unfit for sorting-related word due to ________________________.
3. What is Cassia's family doing outside in their nightclothes in the night?
4. Cassia realizes that she is in love with whom?
5. What phrase does Cassia write on the ground for Ky?
Short Essay Questions
1. What secret activity does Cassia ask Ky to teach her?
2. What is depicted on the napkin that Ky gives to Cassia?
3. Describe how the connection between Cassia and Ky develops.
4. What does Ky tell Cassia that he is and how does she feel about it?
5. How does Cassia realize that she and her mother are alike?
6. How does the Official subtly blackmail Cassia regarding her sorting work and the choices she makes?
7. Why does Cassia hold back from telling Ky that she saw his face on the screen at her Match Banquet?
8. What is Society doing in the middle of the night that Cassia's mother considers to be a warning for her?
9. What gift does Ky give to Cassia and why does she withhold her feelings from him?
10. What does Cassia learn about the value of words in keeping a person alive?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Grandfather. What is his role in the novel? What was the author trying to accomplish by introducing Grandfather's character in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
MATCHED is a novel written in the Dystopian genre. Explain what Dystopian means and why this book fits in the category.
Essay Topic 3
Project into the future ten years after the end of the novel and write a brief synopsis for Cassia's life. Where will she be living? Who will be present in her life? To whom will she be Matched? What will her thoughts about Society be at this time?
This section contains 1,137 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)