|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cassia feel about seeing Ky with Livy?
2. What does Cassia tell Ky that she thought about during her Match Banquet?
3. What does Cassia think when she recalls being younger and seeing her mother wear a flower in her hair when she went out with her father?
4. What color pill does Cassia consider taking to calm down?
5. Cassia and Ky will commit an Infraction if they ___________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Society doing in the middle of the night that Cassia's mother considers to be a warning for her?
2. What is the first word that Ky teaches Cassia to write?
3. Why does Cassia hold back from telling Ky that she saw his face on the screen at her Match Banquet?
4. What very difficult sorting decision does Cassia make regarding Ky and his workplace?
5. What is depicted on the napkin that Ky gives to Cassia?
6. What does Ky give to Cassia after they kiss on top of the hill?
7. Why does Cassia have such a connection with nature?
8. What does Cassia learn about the value of words in keeping a person alive?
9. What secret activity does Cassia ask Ky to teach her?
10. What gift does Ky give to Cassia and why does she withhold her feelings from him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Project into the future ten years after the end of the novel and write a brief synopsis for Cassia's life. Where will she be living? Who will be present in her life? To whom will she be Matched? What will her thoughts about Society be at this time?
Essay Topic 2
What is the greatest lesson Cassia learns from Grandfather? Is it that important lessons are also painful ones? What will Cassie recall about her time with Grandfather?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Xander. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were his dreams and fears? What was most valuable to him in his world?
This section contains 1,181 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)