|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Ky tell Cassia to destroy after she has looked at it?
2. Why can Ky not be Matched?
3. Ky tells Cassia that he knows his data was interfered with and he knows that _______________________.
4. What does Cassia want to be able to write?
5. What does Ky give to Cassia the next time they go hiking?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ky tell Cassia that he is and how does she feel about it?
2. What does Cassia learn about the value of words in keeping a person alive?
3. How does the Official subtly blackmail Cassia regarding her sorting work and the choices she makes?
4. What artifact does Ky give to Cassia when she thought he would be returning her compact?
5. How are Cassia and her family warned about their behavior with the cutting of the maple trees?
6. What is significant of Ky's behavior when playing games with Xander?
7. What does the Official warn Cassia might happen to Ky if they maintain their relationship?
8. What gift does Ky give to Cassia and why does she withhold her feelings from him?
9. What is depicted on the napkin that Ky gives to Cassia?
10. What does Ky give to Cassia after they kiss on top of the hill?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Enforced compliance takes on an almost human persona in this book. What were the sources of forced compliance in the story? What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
Essay Topic 2
What is the greatest lesson Cassia learns from Grandfather? Is it that important lessons are also painful ones? What will Cassie recall about her time with Grandfather?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of rebellion. Identify at least two instances about rebellion in the book. Then cite examples to support your answers.
This section contains 1,215 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)