|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Xander hide Ky's artifact?
2. What strange thing does Cassia note that Ky is doing?
3. What word does Ky help Cassia learn to write?
4. The Official tells Cassia that she may have to tell the work centers that Cassis is unfit for sorting-related word due to ________________________.
5. Who is talking with Ky at the top of the hill when Cassia had hoped to talk to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cassia have such a connection with nature?
2. What is the Prisoner's Dilemma and how does it relate to Cassia and Ky?
3. What is Society doing in the middle of the night that Cassia's mother considers to be a warning for her?
4. What very difficult sorting decision does Cassia make regarding Ky and his workplace?
5. What artifact does Ky give to Cassia when she thought he would be returning her compact?
6. What does Cassia learn about the value of words in keeping a person alive?
7. In what ways are Cassia and her mother alike?
8. What does Ky tell Cassia that he is and how does she feel about it?
9. Why does Ky teach Cassia to write her name?
10. What gift does Ky give to Cassia and why does she withhold her feelings from him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ally Condie is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphor, and irony. Briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Xander and Ky. Both young men are trying to carve out new lives but seem to have different methods and goals. How are Xander and Ky alike? How are they different? On what things do they agree? What is the thing that threatens to separate them? What other similarities and dissimilarities are there between the two characters?
Essay Topic 3
What is the greatest lesson Cassia learns from Ky? Is it that important lessons are also painful ones? What will Cassia always recall about her time with Ky?
This section contains 1,167 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)