|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cassia talks to her mother about love but does not tell her about __________________.
2. What is Ky doing as he talks to the person in #86?
3. Cassia notices that her mother is missing _____________________.
4. What item does Ky tell Cassia to destroy after she has looked at it?
5. If Cassia sorts the person in #132 into the higher group which means _________________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ky teach Cassia to write her name?
2. What does Ky mean when he tells Cassia they are running out of time and how does he feel about the decision Cassia made for him at his workplace?
3. What is significant of Ky's behavior when playing games with Xander?
4. In what ways are Cassia and her mother alike?
5. What secret activity does Cassia ask Ky to teach her?
6. How does Cassia realize that she and her mother are alike?
7. What artifact does Ky give to Cassia when she thought he would be returning her compact?
8. What is depicted on the napkin that Ky gives to Cassia?
9. What gift does Ky give to Cassia and why does she withhold her feelings from him?
10. What does Ky tell Cassia that he is and how does she feel about it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the greatest lesson Cassia learns from Ky? Is it that important lessons are also painful ones? What will Cassia always recall about her time with Ky?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of love. Identify at least two instances about love in the book and then cite examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Ky. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were his dreams and fears? What was most valuable to him in his world?
This section contains 1,106 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)