|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cassia talks to her mother about love but does not tell her about __________________.
2. Where do Ky and Cassia kiss for the first time?
3. Cassia and Xander see the Officials going house-to-house _______________________.
4. What does Ky give to Cassia while hiking in Chapter 15?
5. How does Cassia feel about seeing Ky with Livy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cassia hold back from telling Ky that she saw his face on the screen at her Match Banquet?
2. What does Ky mean when he tells Cassia they are running out of time and how does he feel about the decision Cassia made for him at his workplace?
3. How does the Official subtly blackmail Cassia regarding her sorting work and the choices she makes?
4. What does Ky tell Cassia that he is and how does she feel about it?
5. Why does Ky teach Cassia to write her name?
6. What is Society doing in the middle of the night that Cassia's mother considers to be a warning for her?
7. What is the Prisoner's Dilemma and how does it relate to Cassia and Ky?
8. What does the Official warn Cassia might happen to Ky if they maintain their relationship?
9. Why does Cassia think that she shouldn't be Matched to Xander?
10. What gift does Ky give to Cassia and why does she withhold her feelings from him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are several events of foreshadowing in MATCHED. Define foreshadowing. Cite at least two situations in the story that serve as foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of the book's title. What does the author mean by calling it simply MATCHED? What is he trying to emphasize with this emphatic style? Suggest three alternate titles for this book with supporting rationale for each.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Xander. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were his dreams and fears? What was most valuable to him in his world?
This section contains 1,175 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)