|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Official tells Cassia that she cannot associate with Ky because ______________________.
2. Whom is Cassia teamed with during hiking one day?
3. The Official tells Cassia that if her relationship with Ky continues, _______________________.
4. What does Cassia's mother say about the event in #117?
5. How does Cassia feel about seeing Ky with Livy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ky mean when he tells Cassia they are running out of time and how does he feel about the decision Cassia made for him at his workplace?
2. Why does Cassia think that she shouldn't be Matched to Xander?
3. What is depicted on the napkin that Ky gives to Cassia?
4. How does the Official subtly blackmail Cassia regarding her sorting work and the choices she makes?
5. Why does Society not want Cassia to be with Ky and what is Cassia's opinion of that?
6. What gift does Ky give to Cassia and why does she withhold her feelings from him?
7. Why does Cassia have such a connection with nature?
8. Describe how the connection between Cassia and Ky develops.
9. What very difficult sorting decision does Cassia make regarding Ky and his workplace?
10. What secret activity does Cassia ask Ky to teach her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of rebellion. Identify at least two instances about rebellion in the book. Then cite examples to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
Coming of age is an important theme in MATCHED. Can you cite an example to support this theme? Name two other themes and cite examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
MATCHED is a novel written in the Dystopian genre. Explain what Dystopian means and why this book fits in the category.
This section contains 1,261 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)