|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ky works in a very ______________ environment.
2. What strange thing does Cassia note that Ky is doing?
3. Cassia realizes that she is in love with whom?
4. What does Cassia think when she recalls being younger and seeing her mother wear a flower in her hair when she went out with her father?
5. Why are the Officials collecting artifacts?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cassia think that she shouldn't be Matched to Xander?
2. What is depicted on the napkin that Ky gives to Cassia?
3. Why does Society not want Cassia to be with Ky and what is Cassia's opinion of that?
4. Why does Cassia have such a connection with nature?
5. What is the Prisoner's Dilemma and how does it relate to Cassia and Ky?
6. What gift does Ky give to Cassia and why does she withhold her feelings from him?
7. How are Cassia and her family warned about their behavior with the cutting of the maple trees?
8. What does Ky mean when he tells Cassia they are running out of time and how does he feel about the decision Cassia made for him at his workplace?
9. What very difficult sorting decision does Cassia make regarding Ky and his workplace?
10. Why does Ky teach Cassia to write her name?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of love. Identify at least two instances about love in the book and then cite examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of rebellion. Identify at least two instances about rebellion in the book. Then cite examples to support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Grandfather. What is his role in the novel? What was the author trying to accomplish by introducing Grandfather's character in the novel?
This section contains 1,240 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)