|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ky doing as he talks to the person in #86?
2. Ky gives Cassia a paper with __________________________ on it.
3. After she learns to write her name, what word does Ky teach Cassia?
4. Ky gives Cassia his artifact which will _________________________.
5. What does Ky tell Cassia after she writes the phrase for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how the connection between Cassia and Ky develops.
2. What does Ky mean when he tells Cassia they are running out of time and how does he feel about the decision Cassia made for him at his workplace?
3. What is the Prisoner's Dilemma and how does it relate to Cassia and Ky?
4. Why does Cassia have such a connection with nature?
5. Why does Cassia think that she shouldn't be Matched to Xander?
6. What is significant of Ky's behavior when playing games with Xander?
7. Why does Cassia hold back from telling Ky that she saw his face on the screen at her Match Banquet?
8. What gift does Ky give to Cassia and why does she withhold her feelings from him?
9. How are Cassia and her family warned about their behavior with the cutting of the maple trees?
10. How does Cassia realize that she and her mother are alike?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of rebellion. Identify at least two instances about rebellion in the book. Then cite examples to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of love. Identify at least two instances about love in the book and then cite examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Xander and Ky. Both young men are trying to carve out new lives but seem to have different methods and goals. How are Xander and Ky alike? How are they different? On what things do they agree? What is the thing that threatens to separate them? What other similarities and dissimilarities are there between the two characters?
This section contains 1,239 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)