|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Ky and Cassia kiss for the first time?
2. What does Ky tell Cassia after she writes the phrase for him?
3. Cassia and her mother are alike in that they ______________________________.
4. What does Cassia tell Ky as they walk through the trees?
5. What does Cassia want to be able to write?
Essay Topic 1
Ally Condie is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphor, and irony. Briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Xander and Ky. Both young men are trying to carve out new lives but seem to have different methods and goals. How are Xander and Ky alike? How are they different? On what things do they agree? What is the thing that threatens to separate them? What other similarities and dissimilarities are there between the two characters?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of rebellion. Identify at least two instances about rebellion in the book. Then cite examples to support your answers.
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)