|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Em in Cassia's dream?
2. What request had Grandfather made of Cassia's father?
3. Cassia's mother has to leave on a trip for ___________________.
4. What is contained in the gold box given to Grandfather at his Final Banquet?
5. What do the girls who are to be Matched do at the dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cassia refuse to take the red pill to forget painful events?
2. How does Cassia feel about her Match and the image of someone else's face on her micro card?
3. In what ways are Cassia and her mother alike?
4. What do Cassia's parents feel about her need to go find Ky?
5. What does Ky mean when he tells Cassia they are running out of time and how does he feel about the decision Cassia made for him at his workplace?
6. What is Society doing in the middle of the night that Cassia's mother considers to be a warning for her?
7. What does Cassia's Official tell her about her Match?
8. Explain how the Matching ceremony takes place.
9. What does Cassia learn about the value of words in keeping a person alive?
10. What is no longer possible now that Grandfather's tissue samples have been lost?
Essay Topic 1
MATCHED is a novel written in the Dystopian genre. Explain what Dystopian means and why this book fits in the category.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Xander. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were his dreams and fears? What was most valuable to him in his world?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Cassia's relationship with her mother. How do Cassia and her mother both have to make hard decisions that affect people's lives? On what do they base these choices? Explain.
This section contains 1,609 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)