|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While working in the gardens, Cassia is reminded of the stories her mother told her about ________________ when she was young.
2. What does Cassia do when she sees Ky crying?
3. What do the green pills do for people?
4. The Official says that the person in #21 will never show up on a microcard because he is a/an __________________.
5. What artifact has Cassia's grandfather given her for her birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Cassia especially pleased with the Matching Banquet she and Xander are attending?
2. What is the premise of "Matched"?
3. What are the artifacts that Cassia and Xander carry with them at the beginning of the book?
4. What is Cassia's special talent in the Society?
5. What does Cassia realize about Grandfather's risky words that he passed on to her on a paper?
6. Why are the Officials searching Cassia's house after Grandfather is gone?
7. Why can't Cassia get more information about Ky?
8. What is the importance of the Matching system?
9. Where does Cassia decide to get rid of Grandfather's paper and why is it so risky?
10. How are Cassia and her father alike in that they both destroyed part of Grandfather?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Project into the future ten years after the end of the novel and write a brief synopsis for Cassia's life. Where will she be living? Who will be present in her life? To whom will she be Matched? What will her thoughts about Society be at this time?
Essay Topic 2
What is the greatest lesson Cassia learns from Grandfather? Is it that important lessons are also painful ones? What will Cassie recall about her time with Grandfather?
Essay Topic 3
The author used more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two examples about loss in the book and then explain why the examples support the theme.
This section contains 1,084 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)