|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cassia wonders if her Match should really be ____________________.
2. Ky tells Cassia that he spends a lot of time at _____________________.
3. What do the girls who are to be Matched do at the dinner?
4. What new activity does Xander tell Cassia about?
5. Why does Cassia offer to Em to use at her Match Banquet?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Ky different from everyone else during a film's death scene?
2. Why are the Officials searching Cassia's house after Grandfather is gone?
3. What does Cassia realize about Grandfather's risky words that he passed on to her on a paper?
4. How is Cassia's ordered world thrown off when she looks at her micro card to learn more about Xander?
5. When does Cassia wonder if her Match should really be Ky?
6. Explain how the Matching ceremony takes place.
7. What role did Grandfather play in Cassia's life?
8. Explain Grandfather's Final Banquet.
9. How does Cassia feel about her Match and the image of someone else's face on her micro card?
10. What is no longer possible now that Grandfather's tissue samples have been lost?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Xander and Ky. Both young men are trying to carve out new lives but seem to have different methods and goals. How are Xander and Ky alike? How are they different? On what things do they agree? What is the thing that threatens to separate them? What other similarities and dissimilarities are there between the two characters?
Essay Topic 2
MATCHED is a novel written in the Dystopian genre. Explain what Dystopian means and why this book fits in the category.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the overall setting for the story. Why does the author use the setting she does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
This section contains 1,166 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)