|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does each person receive once the Match is made?
2. What do Cassia's parents think about her Match?
3. What bewilders Cassia when she looks at the microcard of Xander?
4. What happens to Em at the music hall?
5. In a dream, Cassia is supposed to tell Em to ______________________ at the Match Banquet.
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the red pills used as foreshadowing in the story?
2. What outdoor activity is Cassia excited to undertake based on stories about nature that her family has told her?
3. What is significant of Ky's behavior when playing games with Xander?
4. How does Cassia realize that she and her mother are alike?
5. Why does Cassia have such a connection with nature?
6. What is the Prisoner's Dilemma and how does it relate to Cassia and Ky?
7. What does the Official warn Cassia might happen to Ky if they maintain their relationship?
8. Where does Cassia go in hopes of finding out where Ky is being sent?
9. What is the importance of the Matching system?
10. Why are Cassia's parents so supportive about her need to search for Ky?
Essay Topic 1
Ally Condie is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphor, and irony. Briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
Essay Topic 2
The author used more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two examples about loss in the book and then explain why the examples support the theme.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Cassia's mother. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were her dreams and fears? What was most valuable to her in her world?
This section contains 1,034 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)