|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the Officials searching for in Cassia's house?
2. What does Cassia notice about Ky?
3. Grandfather encourages Cassia to ________________________.
4. Who challenges Cassia to open her eyes to see beyond what is generally considered acceptable?
5. Grandfather's last words tell his family __________________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cassia feel about her father's destruction of Grandfather's tissue samples?
2. How is Ky different from everyone else during a film's death scene?
3. What outdoor activity is Cassia excited to undertake based on stories about nature that her family has told her?
4. When does Cassia wonder if her Match should really be Ky?
5. Explain how the Matching ceremony takes place.
6. Why is Cassia especially pleased with the Matching Banquet she and Xander are attending?
7. What does Cassia realize about Grandfather's risky words that he passed on to her on a paper?
8. How do Cassia and her parents feel about Xander for her Match?
9. What are the artifacts that Cassia and Xander carry with them at the beginning of the book?
10. What is Cassia's special talent in the Society?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of love. Identify at least two instances about love in the book and then cite examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Cassia's relationship with her mother. How do Cassia and her mother both have to make hard decisions that affect people's lives? On what do they base these choices? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Xander. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were his dreams and fears? What was most valuable to him in his world?
This section contains 1,127 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)