|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Grandfather shares a ______________ with Cassia that was hidden in the compact.
2. Who had helped Xander find his lost tablet container once when they were young?
3. What is unusual about the screen when Cassia stands for her turn to be Matched?
4. What color gown does Cassia choose for the Match ceremony?
5. What are the teens complaining about at the beginning of Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Cassia especially pleased with the Matching Banquet she and Xander are attending?
2. Explain Grandfather's Final Banquet.
3. What outdoor activity is Cassia excited to undertake based on stories about nature that her family has told her?
4. What is Cassia's special talent in the Society?
5. How is Ky different from everyone else during a film's death scene?
6. How are Cassia and her father alike in that they both destroyed part of Grandfather?
7. How is Cassia's ordered world thrown off when she looks at her micro card to learn more about Xander?
8. Who is Cassia Matched to at the Match Banquet?
9. How do Cassia and her parents feel about Xander for her Match?
10. What does Cassia feel about her father's destruction of Grandfather's tissue samples?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Cassia's mother. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were her dreams and fears? What was most valuable to her in her world?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of love. Identify at least two instances about love in the book and then cite examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the overall setting for the story. Why does the author use the setting she does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
This section contains 1,017 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)