|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At work, Cassia learns that she is going to get a/an _________________________ soon.
2. What was in Xander's tablet container?
3. What artifact has Cassia's grandfather given her for her birthday?
4. Cassia wonders if her Match should really be ____________________.
5. Who is the other person who has shown up on Cassia's microcard?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the artifacts that Cassia and Xander carry with them at the beginning of the book?
2. Explain Grandfather's Final Banquet.
3. How is Ky different from everyone else during a film's death scene?
4. Explain how the Matching ceremony takes place.
5. Where does Cassia decide to get rid of Grandfather's paper and why is it so risky?
6. What is the importance of the Matching system?
7. What does Cassia realize about Grandfather's risky words that he passed on to her on a paper?
8. Who is Cassia Matched to at the Match Banquet?
9. What does Cassia feel about her father's destruction of Grandfather's tissue samples?
10. How does Cassia feel about her Match and the image of someone else's face on her micro card?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Coming of age is an important theme in MATCHED. Can you cite an example to support this theme? Name two other themes and cite examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Project into the future ten years after the end of the novel and write a brief synopsis for Cassia's life. Where will she be living? Who will be present in her life? To whom will she be Matched? What will her thoughts about Society be at this time?
Essay Topic 3
The author used more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two examples about loss in the book and then explain why the examples support the theme.
This section contains 1,154 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)