|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had helped Xander find his lost tablet container once when they were young?
2. What artifact does Xander have?
3. Who is Xander?
4. What is unusual about the screen when Cassia stands for her turn to be Matched?
5. On what day do the young people have a recreation option?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Cassia decide to get rid of Grandfather's paper and why is it so risky?
2. How are Cassia and her father alike in that they both destroyed part of Grandfather?
3. When does Cassia wonder if her Match should really be Ky?
4. How is Ky different from everyone else during a film's death scene?
5. Why are the Officials searching Cassia's house after Grandfather is gone?
6. What is Cassia's special talent in the Society?
7. What does Cassia feel about her father's destruction of Grandfather's tissue samples?
8. What outdoor activity is Cassia excited to undertake based on stories about nature that her family has told her?
9. How are the red pills used as foreshadowing in the story?
10. How is Cassia's ordered world thrown off when she looks at her micro card to learn more about Xander?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Coming of age is an important theme in MATCHED. Can you cite an example to support this theme? Name two other themes and cite examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Cassia's relationship with her mother. How do Cassia and her mother both have to make hard decisions that affect people's lives? On what do they base these choices? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Ky. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were his dreams and fears? What was most valuable to him in his world?
This section contains 1,114 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)