|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While working in the gardens, Cassia is reminded of the stories her mother told her about ________________ when she was young.
2. What is going on at the library?
3. Cassia's grandfather is turning ______________.
4. Being out in nature reminds Cassia of ____________________.
5. Cassia is with a group of students at the Arboretum and they are the first group allowed to try the new activity of _____________ in many years.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Cassia especially pleased with the Matching Banquet she and Xander are attending?
2. How do Cassia and her parents feel about Xander for her Match?
3. How is Cassia's ordered world thrown off when she looks at her micro card to learn more about Xander?
4. How is Ky different from everyone else during a film's death scene?
5. Explain how the Matching ceremony takes place.
6. What is the premise of "Matched"?
7. What is Cassia's special talent in the Society?
8. What are the artifacts that Cassia and Xander carry with them at the beginning of the book?
9. Who is Cassia Matched to at the Match Banquet?
10. How does Cassia feel about her Match and the image of someone else's face on her micro card?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Enforced compliance takes on an almost human persona in this book. What were the sources of forced compliance in the story? What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
Essay Topic 2
Coming of age is an important theme in MATCHED. Can you cite an example to support this theme? Name two other themes and cite examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
MATCHED is a novel written in the Dystopian genre. Explain what Dystopian means and why this book fits in the category.
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)