|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The place where Ky came from is filled with Aberrations and some ____________________.
2. The youth are rewarded with ________________ at the picnic.
3. What do Cassia's parents think about her Match?
4. While working in the gardens, Cassia is reminded of the stories her mother told her about ________________ when she was young.
5. The paper that Cassia's grandfather gave her promotes __________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Cassia decide to get rid of Grandfather's paper and why is it so risky?
2. Why can't Cassia get more information about Ky?
3. What are the artifacts that Cassia and Xander carry with them at the beginning of the book?
4. How are Cassia and her father alike in that they both destroyed part of Grandfather?
5. When does Cassia wonder if her Match should really be Ky?
6. What is the premise of "Matched"?
7. What is the importance of the Matching system?
8. How do Cassia and her parents feel about Xander for her Match?
9. What outdoor activity is Cassia excited to undertake based on stories about nature that her family has told her?
10. Why does Cassia resist taking her green pills?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of rebellion. Identify at least two instances about rebellion in the book. Then cite examples to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
MATCHED is a novel written in the Dystopian genre. Explain what Dystopian means and why this book fits in the category.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Xander. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were his dreams and fears? What was most valuable to him in his world?
This section contains 1,083 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)