|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who challenges Cassia to open her eyes to see beyond what is generally considered acceptable?
2. The place where Ky came from is filled with Aberrations and some ____________________.
3. What do the girls who are to be Matched do at the dinner?
4. While working in the gardens, Cassia is reminded of the stories her mother told her about ________________ when she was young.
5. What does Bram offer to the Officials as a sample of Grandfather?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant of Ky's behavior when playing games with Xander?
2. What gift does Ky give to Cassia and why does she withhold her feelings from him?
3. What is no longer possible now that Grandfather's tissue samples have been lost?
4. What does Cassia realize about Grandfather's risky words that he passed on to her on a paper?
5. Why does Ky teach Cassia to write her name?
6. Why does Cassia resist taking her green pills?
7. How does Cassia realize that she and her mother are alike?
8. Why does Society not want Cassia to be with Ky and what is Cassia's opinion of that?
9. How are Cassia and her father alike in that they both destroyed part of Grandfather?
10. What role did Grandfather play in Cassia's life?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance of the book's title. What does the author mean by calling it simply MATCHED? What is he trying to emphasize with this emphatic style? Suggest three alternate titles for this book with supporting rationale for each.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the overall setting for the story. Why does the author use the setting she does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Cassia's mother. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were her dreams and fears? What was most valuable to her in her world?
This section contains 1,682 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)