|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color gown does Cassia choose for the Match ceremony?
2. Who is using the portscreen late at night when Cassia wants to use it?
3. What artifact does Xander have?
4. Who is the other person who has shown up on Cassia's microcard?
5. In a dream, Cassia is supposed to tell Em to ______________________ at the Match Banquet.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Cassia especially pleased with the Matching Banquet she and Xander are attending?
2. Explain Grandfather's Final Banquet.
3. What is the premise of "Matched"?
4. What is Cassia's special talent in the Society?
5. When does Cassia wonder if her Match should really be Ky?
6. How are Cassia and her father alike in that they both destroyed part of Grandfather?
7. What is no longer possible now that Grandfather's tissue samples have been lost?
8. Where does Cassia decide to get rid of Grandfather's paper and why is it so risky?
9. What does Cassia realize about Grandfather's risky words that he passed on to her on a paper?
10. What is the importance of the Matching system?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are several events of foreshadowing in MATCHED. Define foreshadowing. Cite at least two situations in the story that serve as foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 2
What is the greatest lesson Cassia learns from Ky? Is it that important lessons are also painful ones? What will Cassia always recall about her time with Ky?
Essay Topic 3
Enforced compliance takes on an almost human persona in this book. What were the sources of forced compliance in the story? What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
This section contains 1,102 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)