|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cassia is with a group of students at the Arboretum and they are the first group allowed to try the new activity of _____________ in many years.
2. Where did Ky come from?
3. What request had Grandfather made of Cassia's father?
4. What do Cassia's parents think about her Match?
5. Grandfather encourages Cassia to ________________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Cassia especially pleased with the Matching Banquet she and Xander are attending?
2. What is no longer possible now that Grandfather's tissue samples have been lost?
3. Why can't Cassia get more information about Ky?
4. Who is Cassia Matched to at the Match Banquet?
5. What outdoor activity is Cassia excited to undertake based on stories about nature that her family has told her?
6. What role did Grandfather play in Cassia's life?
7. What is the premise of "Matched"?
8. How does Cassia feel about her Match and the image of someone else's face on her micro card?
9. Explain how the Matching ceremony takes place.
10. How are the red pills used as foreshadowing in the story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Cassia's relationship with her mother. How do Cassia and her mother both have to make hard decisions that affect people's lives? On what do they base these choices? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of rebellion. Identify at least two instances about rebellion in the book. Then cite examples to support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Coming of age is an important theme in MATCHED. Can you cite an example to support this theme? Name two other themes and cite examples to support your answer.
This section contains 991 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)