|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The night after the Officials have come to Cassia's job, she dreams about ________________.
2. What happens to Em at the music hall?
3. What is going on at the library?
4. Grandfather shares a ______________ with Cassia that was hidden in the compact.
5. What does Cassia's father say when she tells him why she was at the library?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how the Matching ceremony takes place.
2. What does Cassia feel about her father's destruction of Grandfather's tissue samples?
3. What is the premise of "Matched"?
4. How are Cassia and her father alike in that they both destroyed part of Grandfather?
5. What outdoor activity is Cassia excited to undertake based on stories about nature that her family has told her?
6. What are the artifacts that Cassia and Xander carry with them at the beginning of the book?
7. How are the red pills used as foreshadowing in the story?
8. How is Ky different from everyone else during a film's death scene?
9. Explain Grandfather's Final Banquet.
10. Who is Cassia Matched to at the Match Banquet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Project into the future ten years after the end of the novel and write a brief synopsis for Cassia's life. Where will she be living? Who will be present in her life? To whom will she be Matched? What will her thoughts about Society be at this time?
Essay Topic 2
Enforced compliance takes on an almost human persona in this book. What were the sources of forced compliance in the story? What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
Essay Topic 3
What is the greatest lesson Cassia learns from Grandfather? Is it that important lessons are also painful ones? What will Cassie recall about her time with Grandfather?
This section contains 1,071 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)