|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Cassia's father work?
2. At work, Cassia learns that she is going to get a/an _________________________ soon.
3. Cassia's family does not create at all, it just ______________.
4. What new activity does Xander tell Cassia about?
5. What does Bram offer to the Officials as a sample of Grandfather?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is no longer possible now that Grandfather's tissue samples have been lost?
2. What is the premise of "Matched"?
3. What is Cassia's special talent in the Society?
4. How is Ky different from everyone else during a film's death scene?
5. What role did Grandfather play in Cassia's life?
6. What outdoor activity is Cassia excited to undertake based on stories about nature that her family has told her?
7. How are Cassia and her father alike in that they both destroyed part of Grandfather?
8. What is the importance of the Matching system?
9. Where does Cassia decide to get rid of Grandfather's paper and why is it so risky?
10. How are the red pills used as foreshadowing in the story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author used more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two examples about loss in the book and then explain why the examples support the theme.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the overall setting for the story. Why does the author use the setting she does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
Essay Topic 3
There are several events of foreshadowing in MATCHED. Define foreshadowing. Cite at least two situations in the story that serve as foreshadowing.
This section contains 1,024 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)