|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT happen at Grandfather's Final Banquet?
2. Whom does Cassia talk to on the air train on the way to the library?
3. What does each person receive once the Match is made?
4. What bewilders Cassia when she looks at the microcard of Xander?
5. Whom does Cassia want to tell about the other person who has shown up on her microcard?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how the Matching ceremony takes place.
2. Why does Cassia resist taking her green pills?
3. What outdoor activity is Cassia excited to undertake based on stories about nature that her family has told her?
4. What does Cassia feel about her father's destruction of Grandfather's tissue samples?
5. When does Cassia wonder if her Match should really be Ky?
6. How are Cassia and her father alike in that they both destroyed part of Grandfather?
7. What role did Grandfather play in Cassia's life?
8. Who is Cassia Matched to at the Match Banquet?
9. What is the importance of the Matching system?
10. Where does Cassia decide to get rid of Grandfather's paper and why is it so risky?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Ky. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were his dreams and fears? What was most valuable to him in his world?
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Cassia. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were her dreams and fears? What was most valuable to her in her world?
Essay Topic 3
The author used more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two examples about loss in the book and then explain why the examples support the theme.
This section contains 1,163 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)