|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is going on at the library?
2. What does Cassia want to research when the weather is too bad to hike?
3. The Official says that the person in #21 will never show up on a microcard because he is a/an __________________.
4. What happens to Em at the music hall?
5. What are the teens complaining about at the beginning of Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is no longer possible now that Grandfather's tissue samples have been lost?
2. What does Cassia feel about her father's destruction of Grandfather's tissue samples?
3. What is the importance of the Matching system?
4. Who is Cassia Matched to at the Match Banquet?
5. How do Cassia and her parents feel about Xander for her Match?
6. Why can't Cassia get more information about Ky?
7. How is Cassia's ordered world thrown off when she looks at her micro card to learn more about Xander?
8. When does Cassia wonder if her Match should really be Ky?
9. Explain how the Matching ceremony takes place.
10. How is Ky different from everyone else during a film's death scene?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of love. Identify at least two instances about love in the book and then cite examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
The author used more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two examples about loss in the book and then explain why the examples support the theme.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Ky. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were his dreams and fears? What was most valuable to him in his world?
This section contains 1,075 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)