|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the teens complaining about at the beginning of Chapter 8?
2. The place where Ky came from is filled with Aberrations and some ____________________.
3. Grandfather encourages Cassia to ________________________.
4. Why does Ky cry during the film?
5. Who had helped Xander find his lost tablet container once when they were young?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is no longer possible now that Grandfather's tissue samples have been lost?
2. What does Cassia feel about her father's destruction of Grandfather's tissue samples?
3. What is Cassia's special talent in the Society?
4. How is Cassia's ordered world thrown off when she looks at her micro card to learn more about Xander?
5. How are Cassia and her father alike in that they both destroyed part of Grandfather?
6. How are the red pills used as foreshadowing in the story?
7. Who is Cassia Matched to at the Match Banquet?
8. How is Ky different from everyone else during a film's death scene?
9. What is the importance of the Matching system?
10. Where does Cassia decide to get rid of Grandfather's paper and why is it so risky?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the greatest lesson Cassia learns from Ky? Is it that important lessons are also painful ones? What will Cassia always recall about her time with Ky?
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Cassia. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were her dreams and fears? What was most valuable to her in her world?
Essay Topic 3
The author used more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two examples about loss in the book and then explain why the examples support the theme.
This section contains 1,012 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)