|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The place where Ky came from is filled with Aberrations and some ____________________.
2. What is contained in the gold box given to Grandfather at his Final Banquet?
3. What does Cassia's grandfather ask her to bring to his Final Banquet?
4. What does Cassia want to research when the weather is too bad to hike?
5. Grandfather encourages Cassia to ________________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the importance of the Matching system?
2. Explain Grandfather's Final Banquet.
3. What is the premise of "Matched"?
4. Why are the Officials searching Cassia's house after Grandfather is gone?
5. Why is Cassia especially pleased with the Matching Banquet she and Xander are attending?
6. How is Cassia's ordered world thrown off when she looks at her micro card to learn more about Xander?
7. How do Cassia and her parents feel about Xander for her Match?
8. What does Cassia feel about her father's destruction of Grandfather's tissue samples?
9. When does Cassia wonder if her Match should really be Ky?
10. Who is Cassia Matched to at the Match Banquet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author used more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two examples about loss in the book and then explain why the examples support the theme.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of the book's title. What does the author mean by calling it simply MATCHED? What is he trying to emphasize with this emphatic style? Suggest three alternate titles for this book with supporting rationale for each.
Essay Topic 3
Coming of age is an important theme in MATCHED. Can you cite an example to support this theme? Name two other themes and cite examples to support your answer.
This section contains 1,098 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)