|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Em at the music hall?
2. The paper that Cassia's grandfather gave her promotes __________________.
3. Cassia's grandfather is turning ______________.
4. Who is Xander?
5. What is unusual about the screen when Cassia stands for her turn to be Matched?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how the Matching ceremony takes place.
2. How is Ky different from everyone else during a film's death scene?
3. What role did Grandfather play in Cassia's life?
4. What outdoor activity is Cassia excited to undertake based on stories about nature that her family has told her?
5. What is the importance of the Matching system?
6. Why is Cassia especially pleased with the Matching Banquet she and Xander are attending?
7. Who is Cassia Matched to at the Match Banquet?
8. What are the artifacts that Cassia and Xander carry with them at the beginning of the book?
9. Why can't Cassia get more information about Ky?
10. Why are the Officials searching Cassia's house after Grandfather is gone?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the greatest lesson Cassia learns from Grandfather? Is it that important lessons are also painful ones? What will Cassie recall about her time with Grandfather?
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Ky. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were his dreams and fears? What was most valuable to him in his world?
Essay Topic 3
Project into the future ten years after the end of the novel and write a brief synopsis for Cassia's life. Where will she be living? Who will be present in her life? To whom will she be Matched? What will her thoughts about Society be at this time?
This section contains 1,034 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)