|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Cassia's job?
2. What is going on at the library?
3. What request had Grandfather made of Cassia's father?
4. On what day do the young people have a recreation option?
5. Who is using the portscreen late at night when Cassia wants to use it?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Cassia Matched to at the Match Banquet?
2. How do Cassia and her parents feel about Xander for her Match?
3. How are Cassia and her father alike in that they both destroyed part of Grandfather?
4. What are the artifacts that Cassia and Xander carry with them at the beginning of the book?
5. Why does Cassia resist taking her green pills?
6. What is no longer possible now that Grandfather's tissue samples have been lost?
7. What is the importance of the Matching system?
8. What is the premise of "Matched"?
9. What outdoor activity is Cassia excited to undertake based on stories about nature that her family has told her?
10. What does Cassia feel about her father's destruction of Grandfather's tissue samples?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Grandfather. What is his role in the novel? What was the author trying to accomplish by introducing Grandfather's character in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
The author used more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two examples about loss in the book and then explain why the examples support the theme.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Xander. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were his dreams and fears? What was most valuable to him in his world?
This section contains 1,049 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)