Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Em in Cassia's dream?
2. What request had Grandfather made of Cassia's father?
3. Cassia's mother has to leave on a trip for ___________________.
4. What is contained in the gold box given to Grandfather at his Final Banquet?
5. What do the girls who are to be Matched do at the dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cassia refuse to take the red pill to forget painful events?
2. How does Cassia feel about her Match and the image of someone else's face on her micro card?
3. In what ways are Cassia and her mother alike?
4. What do Cassia's parents feel about her need to go find Ky?
5. What does Ky mean when he tells Cassia they are running out of time and how does he feel about the decision Cassia made for him at his workplace?
6. What is Society doing in the middle of the night that Cassia's mother considers to be a warning for her?
7. What does Cassia's Official tell her about her Match?
8. Explain how the Matching ceremony takes place.
9. What does Cassia learn about the value of words in keeping a person alive?
10. What is no longer possible now that Grandfather's tissue samples have been lost?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the overall setting for the story. Why does the author use the setting she does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Xander and Ky. Both young men are trying to carve out new lives but seem to have different methods and goals. How are Xander and Ky alike? How are they different? On what things do they agree? What is the thing that threatens to separate them? What other similarities and dissimilarities are there between the two characters?
Essay Topic 3
What is the greatest lesson Cassia learns from Ky? Is it that important lessons are also painful ones? What will Cassia always recall about her time with Ky?
This section contains 1,045 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)