|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unusual about the screen when Cassia stands for her turn to be Matched?
2. Cassia's mother has to leave on a trip for ___________________.
3. Who defines rules and events in Cassia's world?
4. What artifact has Cassia's grandfather given her for her birthday?
5. Who is Cassia's Match?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Grandfather's Final Banquet.
2. What is the importance of the Matching system?
3. How is Cassia's ordered world thrown off when she looks at her micro card to learn more about Xander?
4. What is Cassia's special talent in the Society?
5. Explain how the Matching ceremony takes place.
6. What are the artifacts that Cassia and Xander carry with them at the beginning of the book?
7. Who is Cassia Matched to at the Match Banquet?
8. How do Cassia and her parents feel about Xander for her Match?
9. How are Cassia and her father alike in that they both destroyed part of Grandfather?
10. What does Cassia feel about her father's destruction of Grandfather's tissue samples?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Cassia's mother. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were her dreams and fears? What was most valuable to her in her world?
Essay Topic 2
MATCHED is a novel written in the Dystopian genre. Explain what Dystopian means and why this book fits in the category.
Essay Topic 3
What is the greatest lesson Cassia learns from Ky? Is it that important lessons are also painful ones? What will Cassia always recall about her time with Ky?
This section contains 956 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)