|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Em a green pill at the music hall?
2. Whom does Cassia talk to on the air train on the way to the library?
3. Being out in nature reminds Cassia of ____________________.
4. Cassia wonders if her Match should really be ____________________.
5. Cassia's grandfather is turning ______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Grandfather's Final Banquet.
2. What is Cassia's special talent in the Society?
3. How do Cassia and her parents feel about Xander for her Match?
4. How are Cassia and her father alike in that they both destroyed part of Grandfather?
5. Why does Cassia resist taking her green pills?
6. Why are the Officials searching Cassia's house after Grandfather is gone?
7. Why can't Cassia get more information about Ky?
8. What does Cassia feel about her father's destruction of Grandfather's tissue samples?
9. How are the red pills used as foreshadowing in the story?
10. How is Cassia's ordered world thrown off when she looks at her micro card to learn more about Xander?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Grandfather. What is his role in the novel? What was the author trying to accomplish by introducing Grandfather's character in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Project into the future ten years after the end of the novel and write a brief synopsis for Cassia's life. Where will she be living? Who will be present in her life? To whom will she be Matched? What will her thoughts about Society be at this time?
Essay Topic 3
Ally Condie is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphor, and irony. Briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)