|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the worker who stands in the middle of those who will remain and those to be relocated?
2. Cassia talks to her mother about love but does not tell her about __________________.
3. What does Cassia tell Ky as they walk through the trees?
(a) She should be Matched to him.
(b) She is afraid of Xander.
(c) She is sorry about his parents' deaths.
(d) She wants to learn more writing.
4. What word does Ky help Cassia learn to write?
5. Why does Cassia feel that she should not be matched with Xander?
(a) She doesn't like him anymore.
(b) She doesn't really know him.
(c) She doesn't think he is very handsome.
(d) She knows him too well.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can Ky not be Matched?
2. Cassia realizes that she is in love with whom?
3. What message does Cassia receive on the port in her Language and Literacy class?
4. The Official tells Cassia that she may have to tell the work centers that Cassis is unfit for sorting-related word due to ________________________.
5. Ky tells Cassia the story about _____________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant of Ky's behavior when playing games with Xander?
2. What is Society doing in the middle of the night that Cassia's mother considers to be a warning for her?
3. What does the Official warn Cassia might happen to Ky if they maintain their relationship?
4. What very difficult sorting decision does Cassia make regarding Ky and his workplace?
5. What does Cassia learn about the value of words in keeping a person alive?
6. What gift does Ky give to Cassia and why does she withhold her feelings from him?
7. What is the first word that Ky teaches Cassia to write?
8. What artifact does Ky give to Cassia when she thought he would be returning her compact?
9. Why does Cassia have such a connection with nature?
10. What does Ky mean when he tells Cassia they are running out of time and how does he feel about the decision Cassia made for him at his workplace?
This section contains 1,327 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)