|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ky tells Cassia that he knows his data was interfered with and he knows that _______________________.
(a) Cassia is his Match.
(b) He'll be exported soon.
(c) His history has been altered.
(d) He is in the wrong job.
2. If Cassia sorts the person in #132 into the higher group which means _________________________.
(a) His job will be eliminated.
(b) He will be sent to the Graphite Zone.
(c) She won't know what becomes of him.
(d) He will die early.
3. When Ky asks Cassia about her memories, she tells him about ________________________.
(a) Bram's first day at school.
(b) Picking flowers as a little girl.
(c) Her sixteenth birthday party.
(d) Taking swimming lessons in the summer.
4. Ky gives Cassia his artifact which will _________________________.
(a) Help her find him.
(b) Include a recording of his voice.
(c) Disintegrate after she opens it.
(d) Remind her of him always.
5. What are Cassia and Ky doing when they get a chance to talk privately?
Short Answer Questions
1. Cassia's mother had been on a trip on which she had to write people up for ______________________.
2. Cassia and Xander see the Officials going house-to-house _______________________.
3. After she learns to write her name, what word does Ky teach Cassia?
4. What is inside the letters N, E, S, W on the item in #73?
5. Ky gives Cassia a paper with __________________________ on it.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Official warn Cassia might happen to Ky if they maintain their relationship?
2. Why does Ky teach Cassia to write her name?
3. What is significant of Ky's behavior when playing games with Xander?
4. What is depicted on the napkin that Ky gives to Cassia?
5. Why does Cassia hold back from telling Ky that she saw his face on the screen at her Match Banquet?
6. What artifact does Ky give to Cassia when she thought he would be returning her compact?
7. What does Cassia learn about the value of words in keeping a person alive?
8. What very difficult sorting decision does Cassia make regarding Ky and his workplace?
9. How does the Official subtly blackmail Cassia regarding her sorting work and the choices she makes?
10. What is the first word that Ky teaches Cassia to write?
This section contains 1,224 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)