|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ky tells Cassia that the __________________ at the Museum are willing to sell items if a person has enough money.
2. What does Ky whisper to Cassia as they head to the trains after hiking?
(a) He is going to teach her to write.
(b) He loves her.
(c) He is hurt.
(d) He is staying behind.
3. Who is the worker who stands in the middle of those who will remain and those to be relocated?
4. What does sharing a poem on the hill show about Cassia and Ky?
(a) They are geeks.
(b) They are willing to take risks for each other.
(c) They are aspiring poets.
(d) They are literary geniuses.
5. What message does the Official give to Cassia on the port?
(a) She is no longer required at work.
(b) She and Xander will have a date tomorrow.
(c) She has been given a raise at her job.
(d) She is being arrested for rebellion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ky gives Cassia his artifact which will _________________________.
2. At the Game Center, Xander challenges Ky to ____________________.
3. Cassia notices that her mother is missing _____________________.
4. Cassia and Xander see the Officials going house-to-house _______________________.
5. What is in the package waiting for Cassia at home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant of Ky's behavior when playing games with Xander?
2. What is depicted on the napkin that Ky gives to Cassia?
3. Describe how the connection between Cassia and Ky develops.
4. What artifact does Ky give to Cassia when she thought he would be returning her compact?
5. What does Ky mean when he tells Cassia they are running out of time and how does he feel about the decision Cassia made for him at his workplace?
6. What gift does Ky give to Cassia and why does she withhold her feelings from him?
7. Why does Ky teach Cassia to write her name?
8. How does the Official subtly blackmail Cassia regarding her sorting work and the choices she makes?
9. Why does Society not want Cassia to be with Ky and what is Cassia's opinion of that?
10. How are Cassia and her family warned about their behavior with the cutting of the maple trees?
This section contains 1,326 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)