|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cassia think when she recalls being younger and seeing her mother wear a flower in her hair when she went out with her father?
(a) Her mother was sneezing a lot.
(b) She wished she could have a flower too.
(c) The flower was a beautiful pink color.
(d) Her father bent the rules for someone he loved.
2. What is in the package waiting for Cassia at home?
(a) A piece of her dress from the Match Banquet.
(b) A new artifact.
(c) A book of poems.
(d) A bracelet.
3. If Cassia sorts the person in #132 into the higher group which means _________________________.
(a) He will be sent to the Graphite Zone.
(b) He will die early.
(c) She won't know what becomes of him.
(d) His job will be eliminated.
4. What message does Cassia receive on the port in her Language and Literacy class?
(a) She must leave with an Official.
(b) She has to stay after school for practice.
(c) She is getting a special award.
(d) She has a visitor.
5. What does Cassia's mother say about the event in #117?
(a) It is a warning for her.
(b) It certainly is frightening.
(c) It is detrimental to the environment.
(d) It is a beautiful sight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Xander hide Ky's artifact?
2. What does Cassia tell Ky that she thought about during her Match Banquet?
3. Ky tells Cassia that the voices they hear in their hundred songs are ____________________ voices.
4. What preoccupies Cassia's thoughts when she is at work one day?
5. Cassia's mother had been on a trip on which she had to write people up for ______________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What very difficult sorting decision does Cassia make regarding Ky and his workplace?
2. What secret activity does Cassia ask Ky to teach her?
3. What is significant of Ky's behavior when playing games with Xander?
4. Why does Society not want Cassia to be with Ky and what is Cassia's opinion of that?
5. Why does Ky teach Cassia to write her name?
6. What does Cassia learn about the value of words in keeping a person alive?
7. What is depicted on the napkin that Ky gives to Cassia?
8. Why does Cassia hold back from telling Ky that she saw his face on the screen at her Match Banquet?
9. In what ways are Cassia and her mother alike?
10. What does the Official warn Cassia might happen to Ky if they maintain their relationship?
This section contains 1,179 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)