|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After she learns to write her name, what word does Ky teach Cassia?
2. What is in the package waiting for Cassia at home?
(a) A book of poems.
(b) A bracelet.
(c) A piece of her dress from the Match Banquet.
(d) A new artifact.
3. What strange thing does Cassia note that Ky is doing?
4. Ky gives Cassia his artifact which will _________________________.
(a) Help her find him.
(b) Include a recording of his voice.
(c) Remind her of him always.
(d) Disintegrate after she opens it.
5. Who is the worker who stands in the middle of those who will remain and those to be relocated?
Short Answer Questions
1. Cassia realizes that she is in love with whom?
2. Which of the following does KY NOT mean when he says they are running out of time?
3. What does Ky tell Cassia after she writes the phrase for him?
4. Whom is Cassia teamed with during hiking one day?
5. Cassia and Ky will commit an Infraction if they ___________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What artifact does Ky give to Cassia when she thought he would be returning her compact?
2. Why does Cassia hold back from telling Ky that she saw his face on the screen at her Match Banquet?
3. In what ways are Cassia and her mother alike?
4. What very difficult sorting decision does Cassia make regarding Ky and his workplace?
5. What does Ky mean when he tells Cassia they are running out of time and how does he feel about the decision Cassia made for him at his workplace?
6. What does Ky give to Cassia after they kiss on top of the hill?
7. How does the Official subtly blackmail Cassia regarding her sorting work and the choices she makes?
8. What gift does Ky give to Cassia and why does she withhold her feelings from him?
9. What is Society doing in the middle of the night that Cassia's mother considers to be a warning for her?
10. How does Cassia realize that she and her mother are alike?
This section contains 1,294 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)