|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the Game Center, Xander challenges Ky to ____________________.
(a) A game of chance.
(d) Ping Pong.
2. What strange thing does Cassia note that Ky is doing?
3. What item does Ky tell Cassia to destroy after she has looked at it?
(a) A book.
(b) A napkin.
(c) A photograph.
(d) A magazine.
4. If Cassia sorts the person in #132 into the higher group which means _________________________.
(a) She won't know what becomes of him.
(b) He will be sent to the Graphite Zone.
(c) He will die early.
(d) His job will be eliminated.
5. What artifact did Bram give up to the Officials?
(a) Grandfather's hat.
(b) His baseball bat.
(c) Grandfather's watch.
(d) His Harry Potter books.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does sharing a poem on the hill show about Cassia and Ky?
2. Where are the artifacts to be taken?
3. Why does Cassia feel that she should not be matched with Xander?
4. What does Cassia tell Ky as they walk through the trees?
5. Ky tells Cassia that the voices they hear in their hundred songs are ____________________ voices.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ky give to Cassia after they kiss on top of the hill?
2. What is the first word that Ky teaches Cassia to write?
3. Why does Cassia think that she shouldn't be Matched to Xander?
4. What does the Official warn Cassia might happen to Ky if they maintain their relationship?
5. What is the Prisoner's Dilemma and how does it relate to Cassia and Ky?
6. How does Cassia realize that she and her mother are alike?
7. Describe how the connection between Cassia and Ky develops.
8. What is significant of Ky's behavior when playing games with Xander?
9. Why does Ky teach Cassia to write her name?
10. What does Ky tell Cassia that he is and how does she feel about it?
This section contains 1,097 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)