|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom is Cassia teamed with during hiking one day?
2. What does Cassia tell Ky that she thought about during her Match Banquet?
(a) The ocean.
3. What does Ky give to Cassia the next time they go hiking?
(a) A locket.
(b) A poem.
(c) A feather.
(d) A ring.
4. Who is the worker who stands in the middle of those who will remain and those to be relocated?
5. Why does Cassia feel that she should not be matched with Xander?
(a) She doesn't really know him.
(b) She doesn't like him anymore.
(c) She doesn't think he is very handsome.
(d) She knows him too well.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cassia and Xander see the Officials going house-to-house _______________________.
2. What preoccupies Cassia's thoughts when she is at work one day?
3. Ky tells Cassia that the __________________ at the Museum are willing to sell items if a person has enough money.
4. What does Cassia think when she recalls being younger and seeing her mother wear a flower in her hair when she went out with her father?
5. Cassia and her mother are alike in that they ______________________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is depicted on the napkin that Ky gives to Cassia?
2. What does Ky tell Cassia that he is and how does she feel about it?
3. What does Cassia learn about the value of words in keeping a person alive?
4. Why does Cassia hold back from telling Ky that she saw his face on the screen at her Match Banquet?
5. Describe how the connection between Cassia and Ky develops.
6. What artifact does Ky give to Cassia when she thought he would be returning her compact?
7. How does the Official subtly blackmail Cassia regarding her sorting work and the choices she makes?
8. What does Ky mean when he tells Cassia they are running out of time and how does he feel about the decision Cassia made for him at his workplace?
9. What is significant of Ky's behavior when playing games with Xander?
10. How are Cassia and her family warned about their behavior with the cutting of the maple trees?
This section contains 1,225 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)