|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cassia want to be able to write?
(a) A book.
(c) Love letters.
(d) Her poems.
2. What are Cassia and Ky doing when they get a chance to talk privately?
3. If Cassia sorts the person in #132 into the higher group which means _________________________.
(a) His job will be eliminated.
(b) She won't know what becomes of him.
(c) He will be sent to the Graphite Zone.
(d) He will die early.
4. Cassia and Ky will commit an Infraction if they ___________________.
5. Where does Xander hide Ky's artifact?
(a) The top of the hill on the hiking trail.
(b) The basement of the library.
(c) In the garden in front of Ky's house.
(d) Ky's parents' attic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom/What does Cassia recognize in the latest drawing given to her by Ky?
2. Why can Ky not be Matched?
3. Why are the Officials collecting artifacts?
4. What does Cassia think when she recalls being younger and seeing her mother wear a flower in her hair when she went out with her father?
5. What does sharing a poem on the hill show about Cassia and Ky?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cassia hold back from telling Ky that she saw his face on the screen at her Match Banquet?
2. Why does Cassia have such a connection with nature?
3. What artifact does Ky give to Cassia when she thought he would be returning her compact?
4. What secret activity does Cassia ask Ky to teach her?
5. Why does Cassia think that she shouldn't be Matched to Xander?
6. What gift does Ky give to Cassia and why does she withhold her feelings from him?
7. In what ways are Cassia and her mother alike?
8. How does Cassia realize that she and her mother are alike?
9. What does Cassia learn about the value of words in keeping a person alive?
10. What is significant of Ky's behavior when playing games with Xander?
This section contains 1,243 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)