|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cassia ask Ky to teach her how to do?
(b) Speak French.
2. What does Cassia want to be able to write?
(b) Her poems.
(c) Love letters.
(d) A book.
3. Why does Cassia feel that she should not be matched with Xander?
(a) She doesn't really know him.
(b) She doesn't think he is very handsome.
(c) She doesn't like him anymore.
(d) She knows him too well.
4. What message does Cassia receive on the port in her Language and Literacy class?
(a) She has to stay after school for practice.
(b) She has a visitor.
(c) She is getting a special award.
(d) She must leave with an Official.
5. Ky asks Cassia when she first noticed him and she tells him it was _______________________.
(a) At the top of the first hill.
(b) During Literacy class.
(c) At the Library.
(d) At the Matching Banquet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom is Cassia teamed with during hiking one day?
2. After she learns to write her name, what word does Ky teach Cassia?
3. What color pill does Cassia consider taking to calm down?
4. What phrase does Cassia write on the ground for Ky?
5. What does Cassia think when she recalls being younger and seeing her mother wear a flower in her hair when she went out with her father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ky tell Cassia that he is and how does she feel about it?
2. What is the Prisoner's Dilemma and how does it relate to Cassia and Ky?
3. What does the Official warn Cassia might happen to Ky if they maintain their relationship?
4. Why does Society not want Cassia to be with Ky and what is Cassia's opinion of that?
5. Why does Cassia have such a connection with nature?
6. Why does Ky teach Cassia to write her name?
7. What very difficult sorting decision does Cassia make regarding Ky and his workplace?
8. Why does Cassia think that she shouldn't be Matched to Xander?
9. What secret activity does Cassia ask Ky to teach her?
10. How are Cassia and her family warned about their behavior with the cutting of the maple trees?
This section contains 1,223 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)