|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who challenges Cassia to open her eyes to see beyond what is generally considered acceptable?
(a) Her guidance counselor.
(b) Her boyfriend.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her grandfather.
2. Who gives Em a green pill at the music hall?
3. At work, Cassia learns that she is going to get a/an _________________________ soon.
(b) New desk.
(c) Personal testing.
4. What bewilders Cassia when she looks at the microcard of Xander?
(a) He looks very sad.
(b) It is blank.
(c) She sees a different face.
(d) His face is blurry.
5. On what day do the young people have a recreation option?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cassia's father say when she tells him why she was at the library?
2. What is Cassia's job?
3. Who sees Cassia reading the paper her grandfather gave her?
4. Who is the other person who has shown up on Cassia's microcard?
5. What does Xander do to get Cassia out of her contemplative mood?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the red pills used as foreshadowing in the story?
2. Why is Cassia especially pleased with the Matching Banquet she and Xander are attending?
3. What role did Grandfather play in Cassia's life?
4. How does Cassia feel about her Match and the image of someone else's face on her micro card?
5. Why does Cassia resist taking her green pills?
6. How is Ky different from everyone else during a film's death scene?
7. How are Cassia and her father alike in that they both destroyed part of Grandfather?
8. How is Cassia's ordered world thrown off when she looks at her micro card to learn more about Xander?
9. When does Cassia wonder if her Match should really be Ky?
10. Explain Grandfather's Final Banquet.
This section contains 1,001 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)