|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who defines rules and events in Cassia's world?
2. Cassia's mother has to leave on a trip for ___________________.
(d) Family business.
3. Where does Cassia's father work?
(a) A courthouse.
(b) A clothing store.
(c) A license bureau.
(d) The library.
4. Ky tells Cassia that he spends a lot of time at _____________________.
(a) The music hall.
(b) The library.
(c) The baseball field.
(d) The movie theater.
5. While working in the gardens, Cassia is reminded of the stories her mother told her about ________________ when she was young.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Cassia and Xander traveling at the beginning of the book?
2. Where did Ky come from?
3. Who sees Cassia reading the paper her grandfather gave her?
4. Where do Cassia and Xander go to be matched?
5. What new activity does Xander tell Cassia about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is no longer possible now that Grandfather's tissue samples have been lost?
2. Explain how the Matching ceremony takes place.
3. Why does Cassia resist taking her green pills?
4. What does Cassia feel about her father's destruction of Grandfather's tissue samples?
5. What role did Grandfather play in Cassia's life?
6. What is Cassia's special talent in the Society?
7. What does Cassia realize about Grandfather's risky words that he passed on to her on a paper?
8. What outdoor activity is Cassia excited to undertake based on stories about nature that her family has told her?
9. When does Cassia wonder if her Match should really be Ky?
10. Why is Cassia especially pleased with the Matching Banquet she and Xander are attending?
This section contains 1,047 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)