|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Ky come from?
(a) The graphite zone.
(b) Centrifugal center.
(c) The outer provinces.
(d) Middle earth.
2. Where do Cassia and Xander go to be matched?
(a) The Outer Region.
(b) The Society Center.
(c) Match Consortium.
(d) City Hall.
3. Cassia is with a group of students at the Arboretum and they are the first group allowed to try the new activity of _____________ in many years.
4. Whom does Cassia talk to on the air train on the way to the library?
5. Why does Ky not have a microcard?
(a) He is new to the system.
(b) He is an outcast from Society.
(c) He is already Matched.
(d) He has opted out of the process.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cassia do when she sees Ky crying?
2. What does Cassia's grandfather ask her to bring to his Final Banquet?
3. What does Cassia want to research when the weather is too bad to hike?
4. What is contained in the gold box given to Grandfather at his Final Banquet?
5. Who challenges Cassia to open her eyes to see beyond what is generally considered acceptable?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Cassia Matched to at the Match Banquet?
2. What role did Grandfather play in Cassia's life?
3. How does Cassia feel about her Match and the image of someone else's face on her micro card?
4. What is no longer possible now that Grandfather's tissue samples have been lost?
5. What does Cassia realize about Grandfather's risky words that he passed on to her on a paper?
6. How do Cassia and her parents feel about Xander for her Match?
7. Explain Grandfather's Final Banquet.
8. Why are the Officials searching Cassia's house after Grandfather is gone?
9. What are the artifacts that Cassia and Xander carry with them at the beginning of the book?
10. How is Cassia's ordered world thrown off when she looks at her micro card to learn more about Xander?
This section contains 1,109 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)