|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Em in Cassia's dream?
(a) She is Matched with Ky.
(b) She is Matched with Xander.
(c) She is banished to the outer region.
(d) She dies after taking the red pill.
2. What request had Grandfather made of Cassia's father?
(a) To destroy his tissue samples.
(b) To donate to cancer research.
(c) To have his body cremated.
(d) To be the executor of his will.
3. Cassia's mother has to leave on a trip for ___________________.
(c) Family business.
4. What is contained in the gold box given to Grandfather at his Final Banquet?
(d) Images from his life.
5. What do the girls who are to be Matched do at the dinner?
(a) Recite poetry.
(b) Send IMs.
(c) Face a screen.
(d) Wear blindfolds.
Short Answer Questions
1. While working in the gardens, Cassia is reminded of the stories her mother told her about ________________ when she was young.
2. Who is using the portscreen late at night when Cassia wants to use it?
3. Who is the other person who has shown up on Cassia's microcard?
4. What do Cassia's parents think about her Match?
5. What bewilders Cassia when she looks at the microcard of Xander?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cassia refuse to take the red pill to forget painful events?
2. How does Cassia feel about her Match and the image of someone else's face on her micro card?
3. In what ways are Cassia and her mother alike?
4. What do Cassia's parents feel about her need to go find Ky?
5. What does Ky mean when he tells Cassia they are running out of time and how does he feel about the decision Cassia made for him at his workplace?
6. What is Society doing in the middle of the night that Cassia's mother considers to be a warning for her?
7. What does Cassia's Official tell her about her Match?
8. Explain how the Matching ceremony takes place.
9. What does Cassia learn about the value of words in keeping a person alive?
10. What is no longer possible now that Grandfather's tissue samples have been lost?
This section contains 1,022 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)