|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the other person who has shown up on Cassia's microcard?
(a) Ky Markham.
(b) Ken Morrow.
(c) Kyle Mitchum.
(d) Kirby Maxwell.
2. What is to happen on Grandfather's birthday?
(a) He is going on a cruise.
(b) He is retiring from his work.
(c) He is going to die.
(d) He is moving to a special home.
3. What is Cassia's job?
(a) She waits tables.
(b) She enters data.
(c) She sorts numbers.
(d) She issues licenses.
4. The paper that Cassia's grandfather gave her promotes __________________.
5. The night after the Officials have come to Cassia's job, she dreams about ________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who defines rules and events in Cassia's world?
2. Whom does Cassia want to tell about the other person who has shown up on her microcard?
3. What does Cassia's father say when she tells him why she was at the library?
4. Where does Cassia think is the best place to get rid of the paper that Grandfather gave her?
5. What artifact does Xander have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cassia feel about her father's destruction of Grandfather's tissue samples?
2. What does Ky tell Cassia that he is and how does she feel about it?
3. What outdoor activity is Cassia excited to undertake based on stories about nature that her family has told her?
4. Where does Cassia decide to get rid of Grandfather's paper and why is it so risky?
5. Why does Cassia think that she shouldn't be Matched to Xander?
6. Why is Cassia especially pleased with the Matching Banquet she and Xander are attending?
7. What does the shrieking of trees foreshadow in this chapter?
8. What very difficult sorting decision does Cassia make regarding Ky and his workplace?
9. When does Cassia wonder if her Match should really be Ky?
10. Where does Cassia go in hopes of finding out where Ky is being sent?
This section contains 1,159 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)