|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Xander?
(a) Cassia's brother.
(b) Cassia's cousin.
(c) Cassia's best friend.
(d) Cassia's father.
2. What is Cassia's job?
(a) She issues licenses.
(b) She waits tables.
(c) She enters data.
(d) She sorts numbers.
3. Who gives Em a green pill at the music hall?
4. What type of trees are being knocked down because they are not efficient?
(a) Dogwood trees.
(b) Cottonwood trees.
(c) Maple trees.
(d) Evergreen trees.
5. How many emergency tablets does Cassia carry with her?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Cassia's brother?
2. The night after the Officials have come to Cassia's job, she dreams about ________________.
3. What is unusual about the screen when Cassia stands for her turn to be Matched?
4. What happens to Em at the music hall?
5. What does each person receive once the Match is made?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Cassia's ordered world thrown off when she looks at her micro card to learn more about Xander?
2. How does Cassia feel about her Match and the image of someone else's face on her micro card?
3. What is no longer possible now that Grandfather's tissue samples have been lost?
4. Why does Cassia resist taking her green pills?
5. What are the artifacts that Cassia and Xander carry with them at the beginning of the book?
6. What is Cassia's special talent in the Society?
7. How are the red pills used as foreshadowing in the story?
8. How are Cassia and her father alike in that they both destroyed part of Grandfather?
9. Why is Cassia especially pleased with the Matching Banquet she and Xander are attending?
10. Explain Grandfather's Final Banquet.
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)