|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Cassia talk to on the air train on the way to the library?
2. What bewilders Cassia when she looks at the microcard of Xander?
(a) She sees a different face.
(b) It is blank.
(c) His face is blurry.
(d) He looks very sad.
3. Who challenges Cassia to open her eyes to see beyond what is generally considered acceptable?
(a) Her boyfriend.
(b) Her guidance counselor.
(c) Her grandfather.
(d) Her mother.
4. What does Cassia notice about Ky?
(a) His leg is broken.
(b) His eyes change color with what he wears.
(c) He has a cut on his arm.
(d) One eye is green and the other is blue.
5. Grandfather's last words tell his family __________________________.
(a) Where his money is.
(b) How much he loves them.
(c) To protect the earth.
(d) To locate his will.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Cassia want to tell about the other person who has shown up on her microcard?
2. Who is Cassia's brother?
3. What does Xander do to get Cassia out of her contemplative mood?
4. Who had helped Xander find his lost tablet container once when they were young?
5. Why do the Officials come to Cassia's job?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Cassia and her parents feel about Xander for her Match?
2. Where does Cassia go in hopes of finding out where Ky is being sent?
3. What is the purpose of the red pills and why does Cassia not take hers?
4. How does Cassia realize that she and her mother are alike?
5. In what ways are Cassia and her mother alike?
6. How does the Official subtly blackmail Cassia regarding her sorting work and the choices she makes?
7. When does Cassia wonder if her Match should really be Ky?
8. Explain Grandfather's Final Banquet.
9. Why are the Officials searching Cassia's house after Grandfather is gone?
10. What does Cassia learn about the value of words in keeping a person alive?
This section contains 1,140 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)