|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What artifact does Xander have?
(b) Baseball card.
2. What type of trees are being knocked down because they are not efficient?
(a) Dogwood trees.
(b) Cottonwood trees.
(c) Evergreen trees.
(d) Maple trees.
3. Cassia is to be Matched on her _____________ birthday.
4. Being out in nature reminds Cassia of ____________________.
(a) A film she once saw.
(b) Books she has read.
(c) Her grandfather.
(d) A poem.
5. Whom does Cassia want to tell about the other person who has shown up on her microcard?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her grandfather.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her best friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cassia's family does not create at all, it just ______________.
2. Who challenges Cassia to open her eyes to see beyond what is generally considered acceptable?
3. On what day do the young people have a recreation option?
4. Whom does Cassia talk to on the air train on the way to the library?
5. What are the teens complaining about at the beginning of Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the red pills used as foreshadowing in the story?
2. Why can't Cassia get more information about Ky?
3. What are the artifacts that Cassia and Xander carry with them at the beginning of the book?
4. What is no longer possible now that Grandfather's tissue samples have been lost?
5. What role did Grandfather play in Cassia's life?
6. What is Cassia's special talent in the Society?
7. Explain Grandfather's Final Banquet.
8. What outdoor activity is Cassia excited to undertake based on stories about nature that her family has told her?
9. Why is Cassia especially pleased with the Matching Banquet she and Xander are attending?
10. Where does Cassia decide to get rid of Grandfather's paper and why is it so risky?
This section contains 993 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)