|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cassia offer to Em to use at her Match Banquet?
(a) Her gown.
(b) Her compact.
(c) Her earrings.
(d) Her shoes.
2. Who gives Em a green pill at the music hall?
3. What does each person receive once the Match is made?
(a) A flash drive.
(b) A silver box.
(c) A key.
(d) An iPad.
4. On what day do the young people have a recreation option?
5. Why do the Officials come to Cassia's job?
(a) To fire her.
(b) To promote her.
(c) To observe her.
(d) To train her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the other person who has shown up on Cassia's microcard?
2. The paper that Cassia's grandfather gave her promotes __________________.
3. Who challenges Cassia to open her eyes to see beyond what is generally considered acceptable?
4. Grandfather encourages Cassia to ________________________.
5. What artifact does Xander have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how the Matching ceremony takes place.
2. What is Cassia's special talent in the Society?
3. Who is Cassia Matched to at the Match Banquet?
4. Why are the Officials searching Cassia's house after Grandfather is gone?
5. How is Cassia's ordered world thrown off when she looks at her micro card to learn more about Xander?
6. Explain Grandfather's Final Banquet.
7. What is no longer possible now that Grandfather's tissue samples have been lost?
8. Why does Cassia resist taking her green pills?
9. How are the red pills used as foreshadowing in the story?
10. When does Cassia wonder if her Match should really be Ky?
This section contains 974 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)