|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does sharing a poem on the hill show about Cassia and Ky?
(a) They are willing to take risks for each other.
(b) They are aspiring poets.
(c) They are geeks.
(d) They are literary geniuses.
2. What does Ky give to Cassia while hiking in Chapter 15?
(a) A book.
(b) An artifact.
(c) A magazine.
(d) A photograph.
3. Ky talks to Cassia about the _____________ Dilemma.
4. What is Cassia's job when she is taken to the place where Ky works?
(a) Set up an accounting system.
(b) Sort the better workers from others.
(c) Organize an employee festival.
(d) Take some photos for marketing.
5. What strange thing does Cassia note that Ky is doing?
6. Ky tells Cassia the story about _____________________.
7. If Cassia sorts the person in #132 into the higher group which means _________________________.
(a) He will die early.
(b) She won't know what becomes of him.
(c) He will be sent to the Graphite Zone.
(d) His job will be eliminated.
8. Why does Cassia feel that she should not be matched with Xander?
(a) She doesn't like him anymore.
(b) She doesn't really know him.
(c) She doesn't think he is very handsome.
(d) She knows him too well.
9. How does Cassia feel about seeing Ky with Livy?
10. What artifact did Bram give up to the Officials?
(a) Grandfather's watch.
(b) His baseball bat.
(c) His Harry Potter books.
(d) Grandfather's hat.
11. The Official tells Cassia that she may have to tell the work centers that Cassis is unfit for sorting-related word due to ________________________.
(a) Cassia's continued tardiness.
(b) Cassia's bad attitude.
(c) Cassia's unwillingness to relocate.
(d) Cassia's choice in personal relationships.
12. What do Ky and Cassia do with her birthday poem so they don't get in trouble?
(a) Filed it.
(b) Burn it.
(c) Tear it into pieces.
(d) Bury it.
13. What are Cassia and Ky doing when they get a chance to talk privately?
14. Cassia's mother had been on a trip on which she had to write people up for ______________________.
(b) Growing forbidden crops.
(c) Writing poetry.
(d) Wearing red clothes.
15. Where are the artifacts to be taken?
(a) The library.
(b) The outer region.
(c) A museum.
(d) The dump.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cassia and Ky will commit an Infraction if they ___________________.
2. What do the Officials tell Cassia in the supervisor's office at work?
3. What does Cassia's mother say about the event in #117?
4. What does Cassia tell Ky as they walk through the trees?
5. What word does Ky help Cassia learn to write?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)