|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ky doing as he talks to the person in #86?
(a) Drawing something with a stick.
(b) Laughing at her.
(c) Waving his hands dramatically.
(d) Kicking his foot in the dirt.
2. What does Cassia want to be able to write?
(a) Her poems.
(b) Love letters.
(c) A book.
3. Where are the artifacts to be taken?
(a) The dump.
(b) The library.
(c) The outer region.
(d) A museum.
4. What noise awakens Cassia in the night?
(d) Dogs barking.
5. If Cassia sorts the person in #132 into the higher group which means _________________________.
(a) He will die early.
(b) He will be sent to the Graphite Zone.
(c) She won't know what becomes of him.
(d) His job will be eliminated.
6. What preoccupies Cassia's thoughts when she is at work one day?
(a) If she should be Matched with Sloane.
(b) How standoffish Ky has been lately.
(c) The fact that Ky saw his parents die.
(d) What color dress she wants to buy.
7. After she learns to write her name, what word does Ky teach Cassia?
8. Cassia and Xander see the Officials going house-to-house _______________________.
(a) Reporting a water line break.
(b) Handing out artifacts.
(c) Inspecting teleports.
(d) Collecting artifacts.
9. What does Cassia's mother say about the event in #117?
(a) It is a warning for her.
(b) It is a beautiful sight.
(c) It certainly is frightening.
(d) It is detrimental to the environment.
10. Who does Cassia think should have probably been her match?
11. What does Cassia learn about Ky from looking at the picture he drew?
(a) He is afraid of his father.
(b) He should be an artist.
(c) He saw his parents die.
(d) He wants to be a chef.
12. What is Cassia's job when she is taken to the place where Ky works?
(a) Take some photos for marketing.
(b) Organize an employee festival.
(c) Sort the better workers from others.
(d) Set up an accounting system.
13. Who is the worker who stands in the middle of those who will remain and those to be relocated?
14. What does Ky give to Cassia on the last day of Summer Activities?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A poem.
(c) A photograph.
(d) His artifact.
15. Who is talking with Ky at the top of the hill when Cassia had hoped to talk to him?
Short Answer Questions
1. Ky asks Cassia when she first noticed him and she tells him it was _______________________.
2. The Official tells Cassia that she may have to tell the work centers that Cassis is unfit for sorting-related word due to ________________________.
3. Who is the girl Cassia walks down the hill with during the hiking outing?
4. Whom/What does Cassia recognize in the latest drawing given to her by Ky?
5. Ky tells Cassia that he knows his data was interfered with and he knows that _______________________.
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)