|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ky doing as he talks to the person in #86?
(a) Kicking his foot in the dirt.
(b) Waving his hands dramatically.
(c) Laughing at her.
(d) Drawing something with a stick.
2. Which of the following does KY NOT mean when he says they are running out of time?
(a) Time for hiking.
(b) Time to get to work.
(c) Time together.
(d) Time for Society.
3. Why are the Officials collecting artifacts?
(a) Memories are painful events which should be minimized.
(b) The government decided they promoted inequality in members.
(c) They are going to study what is important to people.
(d) There should be no personalized items in homes.
4. Cassia notices that her mother is missing _____________________.
(a) Her wedding band.
(b) A shoe.
(c) A green pill.
(d) Her coat.
5. What does Cassia want to be able to write?
(a) A book.
(b) Her poems.
(c) Love letters.
6. What word does Ky help Cassia learn to write?
7. What is Cassia's job when she is taken to the place where Ky works?
(a) Set up an accounting system.
(b) Sort the better workers from others.
(c) Organize an employee festival.
(d) Take some photos for marketing.
8. What does Cassia tell Ky that she thought about during her Match Banquet?
(d) The ocean.
9. What do the Officials tell Cassia in the supervisor's office at work?
(a) She is getting a new job.
(b) She scored very well on the test.
(c) She is getting a raise.
(d) She is being promoted.
10. Whom/What does Cassia recognize in the latest drawing given to her by Ky?
(a) The hiking trail.
(b) The Match Banquet.
(c) Her Official.
11. When Ky asks Cassia about her memories, she tells him about ________________________.
(a) Picking flowers as a little girl.
(b) Taking swimming lessons in the summer.
(c) Her sixteenth birthday party.
(d) Bram's first day at school.
12. Cassia and her mother are alike in that they ______________________________.
(a) Both have green eyes.
(b) Both have bad tempers.
(c) Both like poetry.
(d) Both make decisions that affect people's lives.
13. Ky asks Cassia when she first noticed him and she tells him it was _______________________.
(a) At the Matching Banquet.
(b) At the top of the first hill.
(c) At the Library.
(d) During Literacy class.
14. Why does Cassia feel that she should not be matched with Xander?
(a) She doesn't think he is very handsome.
(b) She doesn't like him anymore.
(c) She knows him too well.
(d) She doesn't really know him.
15. What does Cassia's mother say about the event in #117?
(a) It is a warning for her.
(b) It certainly is frightening.
(c) It is a beautiful sight.
(d) It is detrimental to the environment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What artifact did Bram give up to the Officials?
2. What does Cassia think when she recalls being younger and seeing her mother wear a flower in her hair when she went out with her father?
3. What does Ky give to Cassia the next time they go hiking?
4. Where do Ky and Cassia kiss for the first time?
5. The Official tells Cassia that she may have to tell the work centers that Cassis is unfit for sorting-related word due to ________________________.
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)