|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom/What does Cassia recognize in the latest drawing given to her by Ky?
(a) Her Official.
(b) The Match Banquet.
(c) The hiking trail.
2. What phrase does Cassia write on the ground for Ky?
(a) You're sweet.
(b) Maybe someday.
(c) Hello there.
(d) I love you.
3. What noise awakens Cassia in the night?
(d) Dogs barking.
4. What does Ky tell Cassia after she writes the phrase for him?
(a) Maybe, just maybe.
(b) Please stay awhile.
(c) He loves her too.
(d) You're sweeter.
5. What artifact did Bram give up to the Officials?
(a) His Harry Potter books.
(b) His baseball bat.
(c) Grandfather's watch.
(d) Grandfather's hat.
6. The Official tells Cassia that if her relationship with Ky continues, _______________________.
(a) Ky will be placed in solitary confinement.
(b) Cassia will be sent to the Outer Provinces.
(c) Ky will have to pay a fine.
(d) Ky can be sent back to the Outer Provinces.
7. If Cassia sorts the person in #132 into the higher group which means _________________________.
(a) She won't know what becomes of him.
(b) He will be sent to the Graphite Zone.
(c) He will die early.
(d) His job will be eliminated.
8. Who is the girl Cassia walks down the hill with during the hiking outing?
9. What does Cassia notice when she is out to dinner with Xander?
(a) She gets a little nauseous.
(b) Her portions are smaller than usual.
(c) They are really nervous around each other.
(d) He can't take his eyes off her.
10. What does Cassia want to be able to write?
(b) A book.
(c) Her poems.
(d) Love letters.
11. What does Cassia tell Ky that she thought about during her Match Banquet?
(b) The ocean.
12. Why are the Officials collecting artifacts?
(a) There should be no personalized items in homes.
(b) The government decided they promoted inequality in members.
(c) Memories are painful events which should be minimized.
(d) They are going to study what is important to people.
13. Ky tells Cassia the story about _____________________.
14. What does Cassia ask Ky to teach her how to do?
(a) Speak French.
15. Cassia's mother had been on a trip on which she had to write people up for ______________________.
(a) Wearing red clothes.
(b) Growing forbidden crops.
(c) Writing poetry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ky tell Cassia about how he learned the activity in 76?
2. What are Cassia and Ky doing when they get a chance to talk privately?
3. Ky tells Cassia that the voices they hear in their hundred songs are ____________________ voices.
4. Ky tells Cassia that the __________________ at the Museum are willing to sell items if a person has enough money.
5. What item does Ky tell Cassia to destroy after she has looked at it?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)