|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the worker who stands in the middle of those who will remain and those to be relocated?
2. Cassia and her mother are alike in that they ______________________________.
(a) Both make decisions that affect people's lives.
(b) Both have bad tempers.
(c) Both have green eyes.
(d) Both like poetry.
3. What does Cassia think when she recalls being younger and seeing her mother wear a flower in her hair when she went out with her father?
(a) She wished she could have a flower too.
(b) Her father bent the rules for someone he loved.
(c) The flower was a beautiful pink color.
(d) Her mother was sneezing a lot.
4. The Official tells Cassia that she may have to tell the work centers that Cassis is unfit for sorting-related word due to ________________________.
(a) Cassia's unwillingness to relocate.
(b) Cassia's continued tardiness.
(c) Cassia's choice in personal relationships.
(d) Cassia's bad attitude.
5. Who is the girl Cassia walks down the hill with during the hiking outing?
6. What does Ky tell Cassia about how he learned the activity in 76?
(a) He went to a special school.
(b) He learned it at camp.
(c) It just came naturally.
(d) It is a secret.
7. How does Cassia feel about seeing Ky with Livy?
8. The Official tells Cassia that if her relationship with Ky continues, _______________________.
(a) Ky will be placed in solitary confinement.
(b) Ky can be sent back to the Outer Provinces.
(c) Cassia will be sent to the Outer Provinces.
(d) Ky will have to pay a fine.
9. What strange thing does Cassia note that Ky is doing?
10. What is inside the letters N, E, S, W on the item in #73?
11. Ky gives Cassia a paper with __________________________ on it.
(a) A map.
(b) His parents' names.
(c) His address.
(d) The last part of his story.
12. What item does Ky tell Cassia to destroy after she has looked at it?
(a) A photograph.
(b) A napkin.
(c) A book.
(d) A magazine.
13. Ky tells Cassia that the __________________ at the Museum are willing to sell items if a person has enough money.
14. What is Ky doing as he talks to the person in #86?
(a) Drawing something with a stick.
(b) Laughing at her.
(c) Kicking his foot in the dirt.
(d) Waving his hands dramatically.
15. Why are the Officials collecting artifacts?
(a) There should be no personalized items in homes.
(b) They are going to study what is important to people.
(c) Memories are painful events which should be minimized.
(d) The government decided they promoted inequality in members.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does KY NOT mean when he says they are running out of time?
2. What is Cassia's job when she is taken to the place where Ky works?
3. At the Game Center, Xander challenges Ky to ____________________.
4. Ky tells Cassia that he knows his data was interfered with and he knows that _______________________.
5. What is Cassia's family doing outside in their nightclothes in the night?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)