|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Officials tell Cassia in the supervisor's office at work?
(a) She is getting a raise.
(b) She is getting a new job.
(c) She is being promoted.
(d) She scored very well on the test.
2. What preoccupies Cassia's thoughts when she is at work one day?
(a) If she should be Matched with Sloane.
(b) How standoffish Ky has been lately.
(c) The fact that Ky saw his parents die.
(d) What color dress she wants to buy.
3. What phrase does Cassia write on the ground for Ky?
(a) Maybe someday.
(b) Hello there.
(c) You're sweet.
(d) I love you.
4. Cassia talks to her mother about love but does not tell her about __________________.
5. What is inside the letters N, E, S, W on the item in #73?
6. What does Ky give to Cassia on the last day of Summer Activities?
(a) His artifact.
(b) A photograph.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A poem.
7. Who does Cassia think should have probably been her match?
8. When Ky asks Cassia about her memories, she tells him about ________________________.
(a) Picking flowers as a little girl.
(b) Bram's first day at school.
(c) Her sixteenth birthday party.
(d) Taking swimming lessons in the summer.
9. What does Cassia think when she recalls being younger and seeing her mother wear a flower in her hair when she went out with her father?
(a) The flower was a beautiful pink color.
(b) Her father bent the rules for someone he loved.
(c) Her mother was sneezing a lot.
(d) She wished she could have a flower too.
10. What does Ky give to Cassia while hiking in Chapter 15?
(a) A book.
(b) An artifact.
(c) A photograph.
(d) A magazine.
11. What does Cassia's mother say about the event in #117?
(a) It is a warning for her.
(b) It certainly is frightening.
(c) It is detrimental to the environment.
(d) It is a beautiful sight.
12. Cassia and Ky will commit an Infraction if they ___________________.
13. What is Ky doing as he talks to the person in #86?
(a) Waving his hands dramatically.
(b) Laughing at her.
(c) Drawing something with a stick.
(d) Kicking his foot in the dirt.
14. Cassia's mother had been on a trip on which she had to write people up for ______________________.
(a) Wearing red clothes.
(b) Writing poetry.
(c) Growing forbidden crops.
15. What artifact did Bram give up to the Officials?
(a) His baseball bat.
(b) Grandfather's hat.
(c) Grandfather's watch.
(d) His Harry Potter books.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cassia notice when she is out to dinner with Xander?
2. The Official tells Cassia that she may have to tell the work centers that Cassis is unfit for sorting-related word due to ________________________.
3. What does an Official tell Cassia?
4. What message does the Official give to Cassia on the port?
5. If Cassia sorts the person in #132 into the higher group which means _________________________.
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)