|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the Officials collecting artifacts?
(a) The government decided they promoted inequality in members.
(b) There should be no personalized items in homes.
(c) Memories are painful events which should be minimized.
(d) They are going to study what is important to people.
2. After she learns to write her name, what word does Ky teach Cassia?
3. What does Cassia tell Ky as they walk through the trees?
(a) She wants to learn more writing.
(b) She is afraid of Xander.
(c) She is sorry about his parents' deaths.
(d) She should be Matched to him.
4. Cassia and Ky will commit an Infraction if they ___________________.
5. Which of the following is NOT a color of the land where Cassia and Ky live?
6. What does Ky whisper to Cassia as they head to the trains after hiking?
(a) He is going to teach her to write.
(b) He is staying behind.
(c) He loves her.
(d) He is hurt.
7. What is Ky doing as he talks to the person in #86?
(a) Laughing at her.
(b) Waving his hands dramatically.
(c) Drawing something with a stick.
(d) Kicking his foot in the dirt.
8. What phrase does Cassia write on the ground for Ky?
(a) Hello there.
(b) You're sweet.
(c) I love you.
(d) Maybe someday.
9. If Cassia sorts the person in #132 into the higher group which means _________________________.
(a) His job will be eliminated.
(b) She won't know what becomes of him.
(c) He will be sent to the Graphite Zone.
(d) He will die early.
10. The Official tells Cassia that if her relationship with Ky continues, _______________________.
(a) Cassia will be sent to the Outer Provinces.
(b) Ky can be sent back to the Outer Provinces.
(c) Ky will be placed in solitary confinement.
(d) Ky will have to pay a fine.
11. What do Ky and Cassia do with her birthday poem so they don't get in trouble?
(a) Tear it into pieces.
(b) Bury it.
(c) Filed it.
(d) Burn it.
12. Cassia realizes that she is in love with whom?
13. Whom/What does Cassia recognize in the latest drawing given to her by Ky?
(a) Her Official.
(c) The Match Banquet.
(d) The hiking trail.
14. When Ky asks Cassia about her memories, she tells him about ________________________.
(a) Her sixteenth birthday party.
(b) Bram's first day at school.
(c) Taking swimming lessons in the summer.
(d) Picking flowers as a little girl.
15. Why does Cassia feel that she should not be matched with Xander?
(a) She knows him too well.
(b) She doesn't think he is very handsome.
(c) She doesn't really know him.
(d) She doesn't like him anymore.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is talking with Ky at the top of the hill when Cassia had hoped to talk to him?
2. Whom is Cassia teamed with during hiking one day?
3. What does Cassia want to be able to write?
4. Ky asks Cassia when she first noticed him and she tells him it was _______________________.
5. What is inside the letters N, E, S, W on the item in #73?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)