|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cassia and Xander see the Officials going house-to-house _______________________.
(a) Reporting a water line break.
(b) Handing out artifacts.
(c) Inspecting teleports.
(d) Collecting artifacts.
2. What does Cassia think when she recalls being younger and seeing her mother wear a flower in her hair when she went out with her father?
(a) The flower was a beautiful pink color.
(b) Her father bent the rules for someone he loved.
(c) Her mother was sneezing a lot.
(d) She wished she could have a flower too.
3. What noise awakens Cassia in the night?
(a) Dogs barking.
4. Why are the Officials collecting artifacts?
(a) They are going to study what is important to people.
(b) There should be no personalized items in homes.
(c) Memories are painful events which should be minimized.
(d) The government decided they promoted inequality in members.
5. What does Ky give to Cassia while hiking in Chapter 15?
(a) An artifact.
(b) A book.
(c) A magazine.
(d) A photograph.
6. Cassia's mother had been on a trip on which she had to write people up for ______________________.
(b) Writing poetry.
(c) Wearing red clothes.
(d) Growing forbidden crops.
7. What message does the Official give to Cassia on the port?
(a) She and Xander will have a date tomorrow.
(b) She is being arrested for rebellion.
(c) She has been given a raise at her job.
(d) She is no longer required at work.
8. What does Cassia ask Ky to teach her how to do?
(b) Speak French.
9. Where does Xander hide Ky's artifact?
(a) The basement of the library.
(b) Ky's parents' attic.
(c) The top of the hill on the hiking trail.
(d) In the garden in front of Ky's house.
10. What are Cassia and Ky doing when they get a chance to talk privately?
11. What does Cassia notice when she is out to dinner with Xander?
(a) They are really nervous around each other.
(b) Her portions are smaller than usual.
(c) He can't take his eyes off her.
(d) She gets a little nauseous.
12. What do Ky and Cassia do with her birthday poem so they don't get in trouble?
(a) Tear it into pieces.
(b) Bury it.
(c) Filed it.
(d) Burn it.
13. What artifact did Bram give up to the Officials?
(a) His baseball bat.
(b) His Harry Potter books.
(c) Grandfather's hat.
(d) Grandfather's watch.
14. Ky tells Cassia that the __________________ at the Museum are willing to sell items if a person has enough money.
15. What color pill does Cassia consider taking to calm down?
Short Answer Questions
1. What preoccupies Cassia's thoughts when she is at work one day?
2. Why does Cassia feel that she should not be matched with Xander?
3. Where do Ky and Cassia kiss for the first time?
4. What strange thing does Cassia note that Ky is doing?
5. The Official tells Cassia that she cannot associate with Ky because ______________________.
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)