|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Ky and Cassia kiss for the first time?
(a) The woods.
(b) Her house.
(c) The basement of the library.
(d) The top of the hill.
2. What artifact did Bram give up to the Officials?
(a) Grandfather's watch.
(b) His Harry Potter books.
(c) His baseball bat.
(d) Grandfather's hat.
3. What does Cassia notice when she is out to dinner with Xander?
(a) He can't take his eyes off her.
(b) Her portions are smaller than usual.
(c) She gets a little nauseous.
(d) They are really nervous around each other.
4. Ky works in a very ______________ environment.
5. What item does Ky tell Cassia to destroy after she has looked at it?
(a) A magazine.
(b) A photograph.
(c) A napkin.
(d) A book.
6. What phrase does Cassia write on the ground for Ky?
(a) Maybe someday.
(b) Hello there.
(c) I love you.
(d) You're sweet.
7. What strange thing does Cassia note that Ky is doing?
8. Ky gives Cassia his artifact which will _________________________.
(a) Include a recording of his voice.
(b) Remind her of him always.
(c) Disintegrate after she opens it.
(d) Help her find him.
9. Who is the girl Cassia walks down the hill with during the hiking outing?
10. What noise awakens Cassia in the night?
(d) Dogs barking.
11. What is Ky doing as he talks to the person in #86?
(a) Kicking his foot in the dirt.
(b) Drawing something with a stick.
(c) Laughing at her.
(d) Waving his hands dramatically.
12. Who is talking with Ky at the top of the hill when Cassia had hoped to talk to him?
13. What does Cassia tell Ky as they walk through the trees?
(a) She is afraid of Xander.
(b) She is sorry about his parents' deaths.
(c) She should be Matched to him.
(d) She wants to learn more writing.
14. The Official tells Cassia that if her relationship with Ky continues, _______________________.
(a) Ky will have to pay a fine.
(b) Cassia will be sent to the Outer Provinces.
(c) Ky will be placed in solitary confinement.
(d) Ky can be sent back to the Outer Provinces.
15. Ky tells Cassia that the __________________ at the Museum are willing to sell items if a person has enough money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What message does Cassia receive on the port in her Language and Literacy class?
2. Cassia notices that her mother is missing _____________________.
3. Why can Ky not be Matched?
4. What does Cassia want to be able to write?
5. Cassia and Ky will commit an Infraction if they ___________________.
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)