|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What request had Grandfather made of Cassia's father?
(a) To donate to cancer research.
(b) To have his body cremated.
(c) To destroy his tissue samples.
(d) To be the executor of his will.
2. What is unusual about the screen when Cassia stands for her turn to be Matched?
(a) It is blank.
(b) It is black & white.
(c) It is out of focus.
(d) It has shrunk.
3. Ky tells Cassia that he spends a lot of time at _____________________.
(a) The baseball field.
(b) The movie theater.
(c) The music hall.
(d) The library.
4. Cassia's family does not create at all, it just ______________.
5. The paper that Cassia's grandfather gave her promotes __________________.
6. Which of the following does NOT happen at Grandfather's Final Banquet?
(a) Memories are shared.
(b) Medical samples are taken.
(c) His family visits.
(d) There is a dance.
7. What happens to Em in Cassia's dream?
(a) She is Matched with Ky.
(b) She is Matched with Xander.
(c) She dies after taking the red pill.
(d) She is banished to the outer region.
8. Why does Ky cry during the film?
(a) The film is about a lost dog.
(b) The film is about space travel.
(c) The film is about love.
(d) The film is about death.
9. What does Cassia notice about Ky?
(a) He has a cut on his arm.
(b) His leg is broken.
(c) His eyes change color with what he wears.
(d) One eye is green and the other is blue.
10. What color gown does Cassia choose for the Match ceremony?
11. The Official says that the person in #21 will never show up on a microcard because he is a/an __________________.
12. What does Cassia want to research when the weather is too bad to hike?
13. What are the Officials searching for in Cassia's house?
(a) Subversive documents.
(b) Grandfather's tissue samples.
14. Cassia is with a group of students at the Arboretum and they are the first group allowed to try the new activity of _____________ in many years.
15. What was in Xander's tablet container?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sees Cassia reading the paper her grandfather gave her?
2. Whom does Cassia want to tell about the other person who has shown up on her microcard?
3. Where does Cassia's father work?
4. What bewilders Cassia when she looks at the microcard of Xander?
5. What does Bram offer to the Officials as a sample of Grandfather?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)