|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While working in the gardens, Cassia is reminded of the stories her mother told her about ________________ when she was young.
2. Grandfather's last words tell his family __________________________.
(a) To locate his will.
(b) To protect the earth.
(c) Where his money is.
(d) How much he loves them.
3. Being out in nature reminds Cassia of ____________________.
(a) Books she has read.
(b) A poem.
(c) Her grandfather.
(d) A film she once saw.
4. Where does Cassia's father work?
(a) The library.
(b) A clothing store.
(c) A courthouse.
(d) A license bureau.
5. Grandfather shares a ______________ with Cassia that was hidden in the compact.
6. Who gives Em a green pill at the music hall?
7. What are the teens complaining about at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) Their lack of transportation.
(b) Their choice of Matches.
(c) Their grades.
(d) Their choice of recreation.
8. Who challenges Cassia to open her eyes to see beyond what is generally considered acceptable?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her grandfather.
(c) Her boyfriend.
(d) Her guidance counselor.
9. What is contained in the gold box given to Grandfather at his Final Banquet?
(d) Images from his life.
10. Cassia wonders if her Match should really be ____________________.
11. Why does Ky cry during the film?
(a) The film is about a lost dog.
(b) The film is about death.
(c) The film is about love.
(d) The film is about space travel.
12. What happens to Em at the music hall?
(a) She is chosen to do a solo.
(b) She has a panic attack.
(c) She gets stuck in an elevator.
(d) She falls down some stairs.
13. What does Bram offer to the Officials as a sample of Grandfather?
(a) His ring.
(b) His hat.
(c) His watch.
(d) His cane.
14. What special gift does Cassia bring to Grandfather at his Final Banquet?
(a) A watch.
(b) A jacket.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A letter and a poem.
15. Why does Cassia offer to Em to use at her Match Banquet?
(a) Her shoes.
(b) Her gown.
(c) Her earrings.
(d) Her compact.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Cassia's parents think about her Match?
2. What is going on at the library?
3. What does Cassia want to research when the weather is too bad to hike?
4. What new activity does Xander tell Cassia about?
5. What does Cassia do when she sees Ky crying?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)