|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was in Xander's tablet container?
2. How are Cassia and Xander traveling at the beginning of the book?
(a) Air train.
3. Who defines rules and events in Cassia's world?
4. Where does Cassia think is the best place to get rid of the paper that Grandfather gave her?
(a) The library.
(c) The garbage can.
(d) The commode.
5. Who is the other person who has shown up on Cassia's microcard?
(a) Kirby Maxwell.
(b) Kyle Mitchum.
(c) Ky Markham.
(d) Ken Morrow.
6. At work, Cassia learns that she is going to get a/an _________________________ soon.
(c) New desk.
(d) Personal testing.
7. Who challenges Cassia to open her eyes to see beyond what is generally considered acceptable?
(a) Her guidance counselor.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her boyfriend.
(d) Her grandfather.
8. Which of the following does NOT happen at Grandfather's Final Banquet?
(a) Medical samples are taken.
(b) Memories are shared.
(c) His family visits.
(d) There is a dance.
9. What bewilders Cassia when she looks at the microcard of Xander?
(a) His face is blurry.
(b) It is blank.
(c) She sees a different face.
(d) He looks very sad.
10. Grandfather shares a ______________ with Cassia that was hidden in the compact.
11. What is unusual about the screen when Cassia stands for her turn to be Matched?
(a) It is black & white.
(b) It is blank.
(c) It has shrunk.
(d) It is out of focus.
12. Where did Ky come from?
(a) The outer provinces.
(b) Middle earth.
(c) Centrifugal center.
(d) The graphite zone.
13. What does Cassia's father say when she tells him why she was at the library?
(a) She did the right thing.
(b) She shouldn't have done it.
(c) She should have asked permission.
(d) She should have let him do it.
14. Grandfather encourages Cassia to ________________________.
(a) Always choose kindness.
(b) Stop using other people's words.
(c) Be kind to her family.
(d) Take French lessons.
15. Who is Cassia's Match?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Cassia's parents think about her Match?
2. On what day do the young people have a recreation option?
3. What is to happen on Grandfather's birthday?
4. What happens to Em at the music hall?
5. The paper that Cassia's grandfather gave her promotes __________________.
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)