|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Em in Cassia's dream?
(a) She is Matched with Ky.
(b) She is Matched with Xander.
(c) She is banished to the outer region.
(d) She dies after taking the red pill.
2. What request had Grandfather made of Cassia's father?
(a) To destroy his tissue samples.
(b) To donate to cancer research.
(c) To have his body cremated.
(d) To be the executor of his will.
3. Cassia's mother has to leave on a trip for ___________________.
(c) Family business.
4. What is contained in the gold box given to Grandfather at his Final Banquet?
(d) Images from his life.
5. What do the girls who are to be Matched do at the dinner?
(a) Recite poetry.
(b) Send IMs.
(c) Face a screen.
(d) Wear blindfolds.
6. While working in the gardens, Cassia is reminded of the stories her mother told her about ________________ when she was young.
7. Who is using the portscreen late at night when Cassia wants to use it?
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
8. Who is the other person who has shown up on Cassia's microcard?
(a) Ken Morrow.
(b) Ky Markham.
(c) Kyle Mitchum.
(d) Kirby Maxwell.
9. What do Cassia's parents think about her Match?
(a) They are confused.
(b) They are pleased.
(c) They are anxious.
(d) They are angry.
10. What bewilders Cassia when she looks at the microcard of Xander?
(a) He looks very sad.
(b) His face is blurry.
(c) It is blank.
(d) She sees a different face.
11. How are Cassia and Xander traveling at the beginning of the book?
(a) Air train.
12. Ky tells Cassia that he spends a lot of time at _____________________.
(a) The library.
(b) The movie theater.
(c) The music hall.
(d) The baseball field.
13. Whom does Cassia want to tell about the other person who has shown up on her microcard?
(a) Her best friend.
(b) Her grandfather.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her mother.
14. What type of trees are being knocked down because they are not efficient?
(a) Maple trees.
(b) Cottonwood trees.
(c) Dogwood trees.
(d) Evergreen trees.
15. Cassia wonders if her Match should really be ____________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Cassia think is the best place to get rid of the paper that Grandfather gave her?
2. What artifact has Cassia's grandfather given her for her birthday?
3. Who had helped Xander find his lost tablet container once when they were young?
4. Who sees Cassia reading the paper her grandfather gave her?
5. The paper that Cassia's grandfather gave her promotes __________________.
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)