|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the teens complaining about at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) Their choice of recreation.
(b) Their grades.
(c) Their choice of Matches.
(d) Their lack of transportation.
2. How are Cassia and Xander traveling at the beginning of the book?
(b) Air train.
3. Being out in nature reminds Cassia of ____________________.
(a) Books she has read.
(b) A poem.
(c) A film she once saw.
(d) Her grandfather.
4. What is Cassia's job?
(a) She sorts numbers.
(b) She issues licenses.
(c) She waits tables.
(d) She enters data.
5. Where does Cassia think is the best place to get rid of the paper that Grandfather gave her?
(a) The commode.
(c) The garbage can.
(d) The library.
6. How many emergency tablets does Cassia carry with her?
7. Who is Xander?
(a) Cassia's cousin.
(b) Cassia's father.
(c) Cassia's brother.
(d) Cassia's best friend.
8. What request had Grandfather made of Cassia's father?
(a) To donate to cancer research.
(b) To have his body cremated.
(c) To destroy his tissue samples.
(d) To be the executor of his will.
9. What does Cassia want to research when the weather is too bad to hike?
10. What does Bram offer to the Officials as a sample of Grandfather?
(a) His ring.
(b) His watch.
(c) His cane.
(d) His hat.
11. Who defines rules and events in Cassia's world?
12. What happens to Em in Cassia's dream?
(a) She is Matched with Xander.
(b) She is Matched with Ky.
(c) She is banished to the outer region.
(d) She dies after taking the red pill.
13. What is to happen on Grandfather's birthday?
(a) He is retiring from his work.
(b) He is going on a cruise.
(c) He is going to die.
(d) He is moving to a special home.
14. The place where Ky came from is filled with Aberrations and some ____________________.
15. Where do Cassia and Xander go to be matched?
(a) Match Consortium.
(b) City Hall.
(c) The Outer Region.
(d) The Society Center.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day do the young people have a recreation option?
2. The paper that Cassia's grandfather gave her promotes __________________.
3. What does each person receive once the Match is made?
4. Who challenges Cassia to open her eyes to see beyond what is generally considered acceptable?
5. Who sees Cassia reading the paper her grandfather gave her?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)