|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Cassia's Match?
2. Who is the other person who has shown up on Cassia's microcard?
(a) Kyle Mitchum.
(b) Ky Markham.
(c) Ken Morrow.
(d) Kirby Maxwell.
3. Which of the following does NOT happen at Grandfather's Final Banquet?
(a) There is a dance.
(b) Memories are shared.
(c) Medical samples are taken.
(d) His family visits.
4. What does Cassia notice about Ky?
(a) His eyes change color with what he wears.
(b) His leg is broken.
(c) He has a cut on his arm.
(d) One eye is green and the other is blue.
5. Grandfather shares a ______________ with Cassia that was hidden in the compact.
6. Why do the Officials come to Cassia's job?
(a) To fire her.
(b) To train her.
(c) To observe her.
(d) To promote her.
7. What was in Xander's tablet container?
8. Who is Cassia's brother?
9. What are the Officials searching for in Cassia's house?
(c) Grandfather's tissue samples.
(d) Subversive documents.
10. What special gift does Cassia bring to Grandfather at his Final Banquet?
(a) A jacket.
(b) A watch.
(c) A letter and a poem.
(d) A blanket.
11. What request had Grandfather made of Cassia's father?
(a) To be the executor of his will.
(b) To donate to cancer research.
(c) To destroy his tissue samples.
(d) To have his body cremated.
12. Cassia's mother has to leave on a trip for ___________________.
(c) Family business.
13. What do the green pills do for people?
(a) They speed up hair growth.
(b) They calm them down.
(c) They put them to sleep.
(d) They whiten teeth.
14. What does Cassia's grandfather ask her to bring to his Final Banquet?
(a) A shawl.
(b) A flash drive.
(c) The compact.
(d) Her microcard.
15. What bewilders Cassia when she looks at the microcard of Xander?
(a) His face is blurry.
(b) He looks very sad.
(c) She sees a different face.
(d) It is blank.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who challenges Cassia to open her eyes to see beyond what is generally considered acceptable?
2. How many emergency tablets does Cassia carry with her?
3. The night after the Officials have come to Cassia's job, she dreams about ________________.
4. The youth are rewarded with ________________ at the picnic.
5. What is unusual about the screen when Cassia stands for her turn to be Matched?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)