|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bewilders Cassia when she looks at the microcard of Xander?
(a) It is blank.
(b) His face is blurry.
(c) He looks very sad.
(d) She sees a different face.
2. What is unusual about the screen when Cassia stands for her turn to be Matched?
(a) It is out of focus.
(b) It is black & white.
(c) It has shrunk.
(d) It is blank.
3. What does Xander do to get Cassia out of her contemplative mood?
(a) He kisses her.
(b) He dances with her.
(c) He tickles her.
(d) He takes her to lunch.
4. The night after the Officials have come to Cassia's job, she dreams about ________________.
5. What does each person receive once the Match is made?
(a) A key.
(b) A silver box.
(c) An iPad.
(d) A flash drive.
6. Being out in nature reminds Cassia of ____________________.
(a) A film she once saw.
(b) Books she has read.
(c) Her grandfather.
(d) A poem.
7. Grandfather shares a ______________ with Cassia that was hidden in the compact.
8. What was in Xander's tablet container?
9. Where does Cassia think is the best place to get rid of the paper that Grandfather gave her?
(b) The library.
(c) The garbage can.
(d) The commode.
10. Who had helped Xander find his lost tablet container once when they were young?
11. What are the Officials searching for in Cassia's house?
(b) Subversive documents.
(c) Grandfather's tissue samples.
12. Who defines rules and events in Cassia's world?
13. In a dream, Cassia is supposed to tell Em to ______________________ at the Match Banquet.
(a) Not eat dessert.
(b) Take the red tablet.
(c) Not cause a scene.
(d) Dance every dance.
14. How are Cassia and Xander traveling at the beginning of the book?
(a) Air train.
15. Who is Cassia's Match?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is going on at the library?
2. What does Cassia do when she sees Ky crying?
3. Who sees Cassia reading the paper her grandfather gave her?
4. What does Cassia's grandfather ask her to bring to his Final Banquet?
5. What does Cassia's father say when she tells him why she was at the library?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)