|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the Officials searching for in Cassia's house?
(a) Grandfather's tissue samples.
(c) Subversive documents.
2. Which of the following does NOT happen at Grandfather's Final Banquet?
(a) There is a dance.
(b) Medical samples are taken.
(c) His family visits.
(d) Memories are shared.
3. What are the teens complaining about at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) Their choice of Matches.
(b) Their grades.
(c) Their lack of transportation.
(d) Their choice of recreation.
4. In a dream, Cassia is supposed to tell Em to ______________________ at the Match Banquet.
(a) Take the red tablet.
(b) Not cause a scene.
(c) Dance every dance.
(d) Not eat dessert.
5. Who challenges Cassia to open her eyes to see beyond what is generally considered acceptable?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her guidance counselor.
(c) Her boyfriend.
(d) Her grandfather.
6. Where did Ky come from?
(a) Middle earth.
(b) The graphite zone.
(c) Centrifugal center.
(d) The outer provinces.
7. The Official says that the person in #21 will never show up on a microcard because he is a/an __________________.
8. What is contained in the gold box given to Grandfather at his Final Banquet?
(b) Images from his life.
9. What do the girls who are to be Matched do at the dinner?
(a) Recite poetry.
(b) Face a screen.
(c) Wear blindfolds.
(d) Send IMs.
10. Grandfather encourages Cassia to ________________________.
(a) Always choose kindness.
(b) Be kind to her family.
(c) Stop using other people's words.
(d) Take French lessons.
11. Cassia is with a group of students at the Arboretum and they are the first group allowed to try the new activity of _____________ in many years.
12. At work, Cassia learns that she is going to get a/an _________________________ soon.
(a) New desk.
(d) Personal testing.
13. Cassia's family does not create at all, it just ______________.
14. What color gown does Cassia choose for the Match ceremony?
15. What bewilders Cassia when she looks at the microcard of Xander?
(a) She sees a different face.
(b) It is blank.
(c) His face is blurry.
(d) He looks very sad.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Cassia's father work?
2. The youth are rewarded with ________________ at the picnic.
3. What artifact has Cassia's grandfather given her for her birthday?
4. Whom does Cassia want to tell about the other person who has shown up on her microcard?
5. Why does Cassia offer to Em to use at her Match Banquet?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)