|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Xander do to get Cassia out of her contemplative mood?
(a) He dances with her.
(b) He tickles her.
(c) He kisses her.
(d) He takes her to lunch.
2. Who challenges Cassia to open her eyes to see beyond what is generally considered acceptable?
(a) Her grandfather.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her boyfriend.
(d) Her guidance counselor.
3. What are the Officials searching for in Cassia's house?
(a) Subversive documents.
(b) Grandfather's tissue samples.
4. The night after the Officials have come to Cassia's job, she dreams about ________________.
5. What does Cassia want to research when the weather is too bad to hike?
6. What is to happen on Grandfather's birthday?
(a) He is going on a cruise.
(b) He is moving to a special home.
(c) He is retiring from his work.
(d) He is going to die.
7. What happens to Em in Cassia's dream?
(a) She is banished to the outer region.
(b) She dies after taking the red pill.
(c) She is Matched with Xander.
(d) She is Matched with Ky.
8. What is unusual about the screen when Cassia stands for her turn to be Matched?
(a) It has shrunk.
(b) It is blank.
(c) It is out of focus.
(d) It is black & white.
9. Why does Cassia offer to Em to use at her Match Banquet?
(a) Her gown.
(b) Her compact.
(c) Her shoes.
(d) Her earrings.
10. What is Cassia's job?
(a) She sorts numbers.
(b) She issues licenses.
(c) She waits tables.
(d) She enters data.
11. Whom does Cassia talk to on the air train on the way to the library?
12. Where does Cassia's father work?
(a) A clothing store.
(b) The library.
(c) A courthouse.
(d) A license bureau.
13. What is going on at the library?
(a) A new wing is being constructed.
(b) The floors are being cleaned.
(c) They are installing new computers.
(d) Books are being burned.
14. What type of trees are being knocked down because they are not efficient?
(a) Evergreen trees.
(b) Maple trees.
(c) Dogwood trees.
(d) Cottonwood trees.
15. What artifact does Xander have?
(a) Baseball card.
Short Answer Questions
1. What new activity does Xander tell Cassia about?
2. Who gives Em a green pill at the music hall?
3. Who is the other person who has shown up on Cassia's microcard?
4. Where does Cassia think is the best place to get rid of the paper that Grandfather gave her?
5. What do the girls who are to be Matched do at the dinner?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)