|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has a BA in music from USC?
2. What is Maria's response when Tony reveals his ambitions?
3. What does Maria ask Onassis at the end of her Macbeth aria in Act II?
4. Maria asks Battista if the tenor has apologized for calling her a:
5. Who does Maria tell she has courage because she came back to the master class?
Essay Topic 1
In what ways does Maria Callas seem unsuited to teach a master class? In what ways does she bring out the best in the students? Explain your viewpoint using textual examples.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the setting of this play and identify the props used. How do the props help reveal Maria Callas' character?
Essay Topic 3
In Act II, Maria says, "There is only discipline, technique and Mut." Discuss the examples that Maria gives from her own past that show her implementing these three things in her singing career.
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)