|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maria tell Sharon about her voice?
2. Whose heart does Maria think she's broken in Act II?
3. Who is Maria compared with when she becomes thin?
4. How does Maria respond to Tony's singing?
5. Who does Maria tell Battista that she plans to marry?
Essay Topic 1
Maria says she will feel repaid if her students sing properly and honestly. Discuss how she has tried to teach that lesson to Sophie, Tony, and Sharon. Was she successful? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Tony and Sharon's musical performances. Which seems better and why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Maria's interaction with the audience in the play. In what way does she criticize them? How does she talk with them casually about the students?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)