|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Maria tells Sharon that her role demands:
2. What is Maria's response when Tony reveals his ambitions?
3. Who comes on stage after a long wait at the beginning of Act II?
4. Who uses the word folderol to describe the flowers?
5. How does Maria respond to Manny's information about who left the flowers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Maria's relationship with Aristotle Onassis. Does Maria seem to be controlled by him? What is the decision that she makes because of Onassis' preferences?
Essay Topic 2
Maria says, " It takes more than a pretty voice to build a career." Analyze the meaning of this statement as it applies to Maria's fame as a opera singer.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Maria's interaction with the audience in the play. In what way does she criticize them? How does she talk with them casually about the students?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)