|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maria tell Sharon about her voice?
2. Whose heart does Maria think she's broken in Act II?
3. Who is Maria compared with when she becomes thin?
4. How does Maria respond to Tony's singing?
5. Who does Maria tell Battista that she plans to marry?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Maria's marriage to Battista. Why does Maria tire of him once she has become famous and successful?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Maria criticize Sharon about her gown when she says everyone should have a special "look" so that the audience will remember you. Do you think Sharon fulfills this requirement but still gets criticized for it by Maria?
Essay Topic 3
Maria says, " It takes more than a pretty voice to build a career." Analyze the meaning of this statement as it applies to Maria's fame as a opera singer.
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)