|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first character to enter the stage in Act II?
2. What does Tony tell Maria about his ambitions?
3. Why does Sharon not return to the stage?
4. How is the stage set in Act II?
5. What prop does Maria say Sharon should have to sing her aria?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Maria values deep emotion in a singer. What examples can you provide that show her feeling great emotion in her singing career and in her teaching?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways does Maria Callas seem unsuited to teach a master class? In what ways does she bring out the best in the students? Explain your viewpoint using textual examples.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Maria's marriage to Battista. Why does Maria tire of him once she has become famous and successful?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)