|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tony hope to receive from Maria?
2. How does Maria feel about Battista?
3. Who uses the word folderol to describe the flowers?
4. In Act II, who says the students will be able to concentrate on the drama of the moment?
5. What does Maria tell Sharon about theatrics?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways does Maria Callas seem unsuited to teach a master class? In what ways does she bring out the best in the students? Explain your viewpoint using textual examples.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Sharon's character. What does she expect to receive from the master class? How does Maria's criticism change that expectation?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the character of Manny. Besides playing the piano, what other functions does he serve in the play? Use one or two textual examples to explain his significance.
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)