|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Manny say about who left the flowers?
2. Maria tells Sharon that her role demands:
3. Where does the setting take place for Scene Two of Lady Macbeth's entrance scene?
4. How does Maria respond to Tony's singing?
5. Who does Maria tell to "Bite into those words. Spit them out." in Act II?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Maria's memories give background to help us understand her life and career. Which memory do you find most helpful in understanding Maria?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Maria criticize Sharon about her gown when she says everyone should have a special "look" so that the audience will remember you. Do you think Sharon fulfills this requirement but still gets criticized for it by Maria?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Maria's philosophy about having presence, a signature or a look. What criticism does she have of the other characters' lack of a look?' Can you tell what kind of presence she has? Provide a few examples to explain your viewpoint.
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)