|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Battista Meneghini?
2. Why does Sharon not return to the stage?
3. Who does Maria say she sang her songs of love for?
4. What causes Maria to be fired?
5. How many curtain calls did Maria receive after her debut performance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Maria says she will feel repaid if her students sing properly and honestly. Discuss how she has tried to teach that lesson to Sophie, Tony, and Sharon. Was she successful? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Maria says, " It takes more than a pretty voice to build a career." Analyze the meaning of this statement as it applies to Maria's fame as a opera singer.
Essay Topic 3
In what ways does Maria Callas seem unsuited to teach a master class? In what ways does she bring out the best in the students? Explain your viewpoint using textual examples.
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)