|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maria tell Sharon about theatrics?
2. Where does the setting take place for Scene Two of Lady Macbeth's entrance scene?
3. What does Maria say a performance is?
4. Who has a BA in music from USC?
5. What does Maria define the audience as?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the setting of this play and identify the props used. How do the props help reveal Maria Callas' character?
Essay Topic 2
Maria says she will feel repaid if her students sing properly and honestly. Discuss how she has tried to teach that lesson to Sophie, Tony, and Sharon. Was she successful? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Maria's enthusiasm for winning over an audience. Using a memory of one of her performances, discuss how and when she knows she has won.
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)