|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Manny say about who left the flowers?
2. How does Maria respond to Tony's singing?
3. What does Maria say a performance is?
4. Who does Maria tell she has courage because she came back to the master class?
5. How does Maria feel about Battista?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Maria's reaction to Tony when he first comes on stage. Does Tony's character get preferential treatment because Maria finds him handsome? Why does she want to send him home? In what ways is her opinion of him changed once he sings?
Essay Topic 2
Maria says, " It takes more than a pretty voice to build a career." Analyze the meaning of this statement as it applies to Maria's fame as a opera singer.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the way in which the audience learns of Aristotle Onassis' reaction to the news that Maria is pregnant with his child. How does this point-of-view allow the audience to see Maria's changing emotions?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)