|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maria tell the audience they should not do during Act I?
2. Who can only sing one note before being interrupted by Maria in Act I?
3. What is the name of Maria's singing teacher?
(a) Samuel Adagio.
(b) Hector Lumina.
(c) Tommy Tunes.
(d) Elvira de Hidalgo.
4. What range does Sophie sing?
5. What role did Maria lose to another student when she was young?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maria ask Sophie to translate after interrupting her aria?
2. What does Maria Callas teach?
3. What does Maria say about her accompanist's appearance?
4. Who says "know your limitations" in Act I?
5. What is Onassis' business?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Maria say she felt during her great performances?
2. What does Maria mean when she says, "Ah, Verdi! Ah, Shakespeare! Ah, my own ambition!"?
3. What does Maria tell Sophie at the end of Act I about her performance?
4. As a teacher, what does Maria want as compensation for her efforts?
5. Describe Tony's character.
6. What is Maria's response to Sharon's criticisms?
7. Why does Maria think it's funny that Aristotle Onassis did not like opera?
8. How did Maria defy all odds to become a famous operatic singer?
9. In what ways does Maria engage with the audience at the beginning of the play?
10. How does Maria feel about leaving Battista?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)