|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maria request during Act I from the stage hand?
(b) Bagel and cream cheese.
(c) Nail filer.
(d) Water, cushion, footstool.
2. What is Onassis' business?
(b) Shipping magnate.
(c) Wine seller.
3. What range does Sophie sing?
4. Who does Manny acknowledge in the audience?
(b) Critics and reviewers.
5. What does Maria Callas teach?
(a) Opera Master Class.
(c) Fashion history.
(d) Piano performance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maria say about singing at the beginning of Act I?
2. How many acts are there in the play Master Class?
3. In Act I, who does Maria remember performing for at La Scala?
4. What is Sophie lacking when Maria asks her to take notes on the scene?
5. What did Maria's singing teacher encourage in her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What story does Maria tell when Sophie cannot produce a pencil to take notes on the score?
2. What lesson does Maria teach Sharon about making an entrance?
3. What does Maria say Onassis wanted her to do about her musical career?
4. What did one student do out of admiration of Maria's singing at the height of her career?
5. What does Maria do when Sophie cannot translate the Italian verse?
6. When Maria's aria ends, what is the back stage lit up as and what does Maria remember?
7. In what ways does Maria engage with the audience at the beginning of the play?
8. What happened during Maria's last performance at La Scala?
9. In Act II, when Maria hears the recording of her own performance of Lady Macbeth's Letter Scene, what is she saying to herself as she reads the letter?
10. What does Maria say about the appearance of Manny, her accompanist?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)