|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Rosa Ponselled, Giudetta Pasta, Lotte Lehmann and Zinka Milanov?
(a) Juilliard adminstrators.
(b) Neighbors of Maria's.
(c) Sophie's former teachers.
(d) World's great sopranos.
2. What does Onassis give to Maria?
(b) Tips on travel.
(c) Musical stardom.
3. What nickname does Onassis have for Maria?
(a) My love.
4. What does Maria tell Manny about her sense of humor?
(a) He will come to understand it.
(b) It is always respectful.
(c) He will never get it.
(d) She doesn't have one.
5. What is Sophie lacking when Maria asks her to take notes on the scene?
(d) A pencil.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who returns her music score to Sophie in Act I?
2. In Act I, Maria complains that the theater is too:
3. Who can only sing one note before being interrupted by Maria in Act I?
4. What does Sophie announce she will sing in Act I?
5. What does Maria say to Sophie before she leaves the stage in Act I?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Maria's aria ends, what is the back stage lit up as and what does Maria remember?
2. In what ways does Maria engage with the audience at the beginning of the play?
3. Why does Maria think it's funny that Aristotle Onassis did not like opera?
4. Why does Maria think others are jealous of her?
5. How does Maria say she felt during her great performances?
6. What happens when Maria leaves the stage to show Sharon how to make an entrance?
7. What is Maria's response to Sharon's criticisms?
8. How does Maria feel about leaving Battista?
9. Describe Sharon Graham.
10. What does Maria tell Sophie at the end of Act I about her performance?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)