|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role did Maria lose to another student when she was young?
2. What is the name of Maria's singing teacher?
(a) Tommy Tunes.
(b) Elvira de Hidalgo.
(c) Samuel Adagio.
(d) Hector Lumina.
3. Who says, "She's wearing so many diamonds she can scarcely move her arms..."?
4. Who walks to the edge of the stage in the beginning of Act I?
(a) Stage hand.
(d) Audience member.
5. Who does Sophie admire?
(b) Stage hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sophie announce she will sing in Act I?
2. What does Maria call her first student?
3. What does Maria say about her accompanist's appearance?
4. What did Maria's singing teacher encourage in her?
5. Maria tells the audience it's not a performance but a:
Short Essay Questions
1. What did one student do out of admiration of Maria's singing at the height of her career?
2. What happens when Maria leaves the stage to show Sharon how to make an entrance?
3. How does Maria respond to Onassis' advice on what to do next after she loses her child?
4. Describe the setting of the stage for Act II.
5. What happened during Maria's last performance at La Scala?
6. What lesson does Maria teach Sharon about making an entrance?
7. What direction does Maria give Sharon while Sharon is singing?
8. How does Sophie respond when Maria criticizes her lack of emotion as a performer?
9. What good news does Maria tell Onassis in Act II?
10. Describe Maria's physical appearance at the height of her career.
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)