|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role did Maria lose to another student when she was young?
2. What does Maria say about her accompanist's appearance?
(a) His hat is just the right touch.
(b) She loves it.
(c) He doesn't have a look.
(d) His shirt is vibrant.
3. What nickname does Onassis have for Maria?
(b) My love.
4. Who is startled by Sophie's lack of knowledge?
(d) Stage hand.
5. Who does Manny acknowledge in the audience?
(a) Critics and reviewers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maria tell Sophie to do before she sings?
2. Who returns her music score to Sophie in Act I?
3. What does Sophie announce she will sing in Act I?
4. What does Maria tell Manny about her sense of humor?
5. What does Onassis give to Maria?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Tony's character.
2. How does Sophie respond when Maria criticizes her lack of emotion as a performer?
3. Describe Sharon Graham.
4. How does Maria express her sadness at losing her child?
5. What does Maria say Onassis wanted her to do about her musical career?
6. What direction does Maria give Sharon while Sharon is singing?
7. What happened during Maria's last performance at La Scala?
8. Describe Maria's memory of her marriage to Battista.
9. Describe Maria's physical appearance at the height of her career.
10. Why does Sharon return to the stage after Tony has sung?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)