|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many acts are there in the play Master Class?
2. What does Maria say about her accompanist's appearance?
(a) His shirt is vibrant.
(b) He doesn't have a look.
(c) She loves it.
(d) His hat is just the right touch.
3. What is La Scala?
(a) Milan opera house.
(b) Italian footwear.
(c) Italian clothing designer.
(d) Famous restaurant.
4. What does Sophie wish to get from Maria?
(b) Some temperment.
(d) Sheet music.
5. In Act I, what does Maria say Onassis wants her to do?
(a) Sing more often.
(b) Learn to act.
(c) Become a famous cellist.
(d) Stop performing and have his baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. What criticism does Maria give Sophie about her singing?
2. In Act I, Maria complains that the theater is too:
3. What country is Onassis from?
4. When does Manny appear on stage in Act I?
5. What does Maria tell Manny about her sense of humor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Maria's definition of that "something special" a singer has that sets her off from the crowd?
2. When Maria's aria ends, what is the back stage lit up as and what does Maria remember?
3. Describe Maria's final words of wisdom in the master class.
4. How does Maria feel about leaving Battista?
5. What lesson does Maria teach Sharon about making an entrance?
6. What story does Maria tell when Sophie cannot produce a pencil to take notes on the score?
7. What does Maria tell Sophie at the end of Act I about her performance?
8. What did one student do out of admiration of Maria's singing at the height of her career?
9. In what ways does Maria engage with the audience at the beginning of the play?
10. How did Maria learn to be disciplined about music during the war?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)