|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maria say about her accompanist's appearance?
(a) He doesn't have a look.
(b) His shirt is vibrant.
(c) She loves it.
(d) His hat is just the right touch.
2. What does Maria tell the audience about Sophie?
(a) That she has good musical range.
(b) That she will be a great performer.
(c) That she does not have style.
(d) That she likes her appearance.
3. What does Maria imitate about Onassis?
(a) His vulgar speech and crude attitude.
(b) His sense of humor.
(c) His singing.
(d) His good manners.
4. Why does Maria ask for the house lights to go off during Act I?
(a) She likes to save energy.
(b) She forgot why they were on.
(c) They are too harsh for the students.
(d) She doesn't want to be seen.
5. Who says "know your limitations" in Act I?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maria say about discipline and courage in Act I?
2. When does Manny appear on stage in Act I?
3. What does Manny adjust at the beginning of Act I?
4. In Act I, what does Maria say Onassis wants her to do?
5. What does Maria request during Act I from the stage hand?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Tony's character.
2. What good news does Maria tell Onassis in Act II?
3. How does Sophie respond when Maria criticizes her lack of emotion as a performer?
4. In Act II, when Maria hears the recording of her own performance of Lady Macbeth's Letter Scene, what is she saying to herself as she reads the letter?
5. What skill does Maria emphasize to Sophie in her master class?
6. How did Maria learn to be disciplined about music during the war?
7. Why does Maria think others are jealous of her?
8. What is Sharon's reaction to Maria's criticism of her singing?
9. How does Maria feel about leaving Battista?
10. While she's waiting for Sharon to make a final entrance, in what way does Maria engage with the audience?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)