|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Maria Callas' passion?
(b) Greek food.
2. What does Maria tell the audience about Sophie?
(a) That she has good musical range.
(b) That she will be a great performer.
(c) That she does not have style.
(d) That she likes her appearance.
3. Who are the last actors to leave the stage in Act I?
(a) Sophie and Manny.
(b) Manny and Maria.
(c) Sophie and Tony.
(d) Maria and Sophie.
4. What criticism does Maria give Sophie about her singing?
(a) That she doesn't fully feel the music.
(b) That she is too flamboyant for the stage.
(c) That she doesn't like her shoes.
(d) That her voice is too high.
5. What country is Onassis from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is dressed in a custom pantsuit and expensive accessories?
2. What is La Scala?
3. How many students perform for Maria in Act I?
4. What does Maria say about discipline and courage in Act I?
5. How does Maria describe herself physically as a young student?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Maria leaves the stage to show Sharon how to make an entrance?
2. Does Maria have misgivings about teaching the master class?
3. What story does Maria tell when Sophie cannot produce a pencil to take notes on the score?
4. What interruptions occur when Sophie prepares to sing?
5. In what ways does Maria engage with the audience at the beginning of the play?
6. Describe the setting of the stage for Act II.
7. In what way is Maria critical of Sophie even before she begins to sing?
8. Describe Maria's memory of her marriage to Battista.
9. How does Sophie respond when Maria criticizes her lack of emotion as a performer?
10. Describe two examples of Maria's diva behavior in Act I.
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)