|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Maria and Aristotle Onassis?
(a) Pen pals.
(c) Business associates.
2. Who are the last actors to leave the stage in Act I?
(a) Maria and Sophie.
(b) Sophie and Tony.
(c) Sophie and Manny.
(d) Manny and Maria.
3. What is Maria Callas' passion?
(a) Greek food.
4. Which prop does Maria complain is missing when Sophie comes on stage?
(a) Her lunch.
(c) Her favorite sweater.
(d) Her purse.
5. What does Manny adjust at the beginning of Act I?
(b) Piano bench.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "She's wearing so many diamonds she can scarcely move her arms..."?
2. How does Maria describe herself physically as a young student?
3. What does Maria ask Sophie to translate after interrupting her aria?
4. Whose nickname is La Divina?
5. What nickname does Onassis have for Maria?
Short Essay Questions
1. What story does Maria tell when Sophie cannot produce a pencil to take notes on the score?
2. What are the positive comments that Maria gives Sharon about her singing?
3. How does Sophie respond when Maria criticizes her lack of emotion as a performer?
4. In what way is Maria critical of Sophie even before she begins to sing?
5. How did Maria defy all odds to become a famous operatic singer?
6. What happened during Maria's last performance at La Scala?
7. How does Maria feel about leaving Battista?
8. What does Maria tell Sharon about applause toward the end of Act II?
9. How does Maria express her sadness at losing her child?
10. Describe the setting of the stage for Act II.
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)