|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maria Callas teach?
(a) Fashion history.
(b) Piano performance.
(d) Opera Master Class.
2. What didn't Maria have as she walked back and forth to the conservatory during World War II?
(a) Proper shoes.
(b) A good attitude.
3. What nickname does Onassis have for Maria?
(d) My love.
4. Who brings a cushion for Maria's chair?
(d) Stage hand.
5. What role did Maria lose to another student when she was young?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Maria describe herself physically as a young student?
2. What is the name of Maria's singing teacher?
3. Who is Sophie de Palma?
4. What does Maria request during Act I from the stage hand?
5. What is the relationship between Maria and Aristotle Onassis?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Maria teaches Tony while he is singing the aria from Tosca.
2. What does Maria mean when she says, "Ah, Verdi! Ah, Shakespeare! Ah, my own ambition!"?
3. What are the positive comments that Maria gives Sharon about her singing?
4. How does Maria express her sadness at losing her child?
5. Describe Sophie's expectations from the master class after she has sung her aria and Maria leaves the stage.
6. Describe Tony's character.
7. Why does Maria think others are jealous of her?
8. What did one student do out of admiration of Maria's singing at the height of her career?
9. How does Maria respond to Onassis' advice on what to do next after she loses her child?
10. Why does Maria think it's funny that Aristotle Onassis did not like opera?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)