|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who drops to her knees and sings part of La Sonnambula?
2. Who walks to the edge of the stage in the beginning of Act I?
(a) Audience member.
(b) Stage hand.
3. What does Maria say about projection in Act I?
(a) It has no value.
(b) It's important to singing.
(c) It's over-valued.
(d) She hates to project.
4. What country is Onassis from?
5. What is Onassis' business?
(a) Shipping magnate.
(b) Wine seller.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is La Scala?
2. What does Sophie wish to get from Maria?
3. What is the name of Maria's singing teacher?
4. Maria tells the audience it's not a performance but a:
5. What does Onassis give to Maria?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Sharon's reaction to Maria's criticism of her singing?
2. Describe Maria's memory of her marriage to Battista.
3. What interruptions occur when Sophie prepares to sing?
4. Why does Maria think others are jealous of her?
5. Does Maria have misgivings about teaching the master class?
6. What does Maria mean when she says, "Ah, Verdi! Ah, Shakespeare! Ah, my own ambition!"?
7. How does Maria respond to Onassis' advice on what to do next after she loses her child?
8. What happened during Maria's last performance at La Scala?
9. Give two examples of how Maria tries to heighten Sharon's emotional response to the Verdi opera.
10. Why does Maria think it's funny that Aristotle Onassis did not like opera?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)