|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says "know your limitations" in Act I?
2. Who brought class and respectability to Onassis?
3. How does Maria describe herself physically as a young student?
(c) Too thin.
(d) Fat and unattractive.
4. What does Maria say about singing at the beginning of Act I?
(a) She's scared of it.
(b) It is serious business.
(c) She was never disciplined about her studies.
(d) It is not enough for a life.
5. Maria tells the audience it's not a performance but a:
(d) Group activity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is dressed in a custom pantsuit and expensive accessories?
2. What does Sophie announce she will sing in Act I?
3. What role did Maria lose to another student when she was young?
4. What does Maria imitate about Onassis?
5. Who does Sophie admire?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the setting of the stage for Act II.
2. What does being called "La Divina" mean to Maria?
3. What does Maria do when Sharon does not return to the stage?
4. What does Maria tell Sophie at the end of Act I about her performance?
5. How does Maria say she felt during her great performances?
6. What interruptions occur when Sophie prepares to sing?
7. What does Maria do when Sophie cannot translate the Italian verse?
8. In what ways does Maria engage with the audience at the beginning of the play?
9. How does Maria express her sadness at losing her child?
10. Describe how Sharon insults Maria after she's been criticized.
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)