|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose nickname is La Divina?
2. What nickname does Onassis have for Maria?
(c) My love.
3. What does Maria say about her accompanist's appearance?
(a) She loves it.
(b) His hat is just the right touch.
(c) He doesn't have a look.
(d) His shirt is vibrant.
4. Who brought class and respectability to Onassis?
5. What is Manny's job?
(a) Music teacher.
(b) Stage hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sophie announce she will sing in Act I?
2. What does Maria call her first student?
3. Who does Sophie admire?
4. Why does Maria ask for the house lights to go off during Act I?
5. What does Onassis give to Maria?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Maria's response to Sharon's criticisms?
2. In what ways does Maria engage with the audience at the beginning of the play?
3. What interruptions occur when Sophie prepares to sing?
4. When Maria's aria ends, what is the back stage lit up as and what does Maria remember?
5. How does Maria feel about leaving Battista?
6. What advice does Maria give to Sharon about her performance even before she begins to sing?
7. How did Maria defy all odds to become a famous operatic singer?
8. What does Maria say Onassis wanted her to do about her musical career?
9. What direction does Maria give Sharon while Sharon is singing?
10. How did Maria learn to be disciplined about music during the war?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)