|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Onassis give to Maria?
(a) Tips on travel.
(c) Musical stardom.
2. Which prop does Maria complain is missing when Sophie comes on stage?
(a) Her lunch.
(b) Her purse.
(d) Her favorite sweater.
3. What does Maria request during Act I from the stage hand?
(a) Nail filer.
(c) Bagel and cream cheese.
(d) Water, cushion, footstool.
4. In Act I, Maria complains that the theater is too:
5. How many students perform for Maria in Act I?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is happening with the lights at the beginning of Act I?
2. Who does Manny acknowledge in the audience?
3. How does Maria describe herself physically as a young student?
4. What does Maria tell the audience they should not do during Act I?
5. In Act I, who does Maria remember performing for at La Scala?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Maria's physical appearance at the height of her career.
2. Why does Sharon return to the stage after Tony has sung?
3. How did Maria learn to be disciplined about music during the war?
4. As a teacher, what does Maria want as compensation for her efforts?
5. How does Maria respond to Onassis' advice on what to do next after she loses her child?
6. Does Maria have misgivings about teaching the master class?
7. What lesson does Maria teach Sharon about making an entrance?
8. Describe what Maria teaches Tony while he is singing the aria from Tosca.
9. Describe Sophie's expectations from the master class after she has sung her aria and Maria leaves the stage.
10. What story does Maria tell when Sophie cannot produce a pencil to take notes on the score?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)