|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who brought class and respectability to Onassis?
2. In Act I, what does Maria say Onassis wants her to do?
(a) Become a famous cellist.
(b) Sing more often.
(c) Stop performing and have his baby.
(d) Learn to act.
3. In Act I, Maria complains that the theater is too:
4. What does Maria tell Manny about her sense of humor?
(a) He will come to understand it.
(b) It is always respectful.
(c) She doesn't have one.
(d) He will never get it.
5. What range does Sophie sing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maria say about discipline and courage in Act I?
2. Maria tells the audience it's not a performance but a:
3. What does Maria say about her accompanist's appearance?
4. How does Maria describe herself physically as a young student?
5. What is Onassis' business?
Short Essay Questions
1. While she's waiting for Sharon to make a final entrance, in what way does Maria engage with the audience?
2. How did Maria defy all odds to become a famous operatic singer?
3. How does Maria describe the experience of performing in front of the world's dignitaries at La Scala?
4. How did Maria learn to be disciplined about music during the war?
5. What happened during Maria's last performance at La Scala?
6. When Sophie begins to sing, what does Maria begin thinking of?
7. In what ways does Maria engage with the audience at the beginning of the play?
8. What does Maria do when Sharon does not return to the stage?
9. What did one student do out of admiration of Maria's singing at the height of her career?
10. What does Maria mean when she says, "Ah, Verdi! Ah, Shakespeare! Ah, my own ambition!"?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)