Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Act 1 Abstract
* Act I begins with the lights intentionally lighting up the stage.
* An accompanist takes his seat at the piano.
* He takes his time, acknowledging friends in the audience.
* Maria Callas suddenly comes on stage, dressed in a custom pantsuit and expensive accessories.
Act 2 Abstract
* Maria approaches the edge of the stage.
* She tells the...
This section contains 1,711 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)