|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Eisenhower say has the power to kill the whole civil rights bill?
2. How does the Chamber of Commerce describe LBJ?
3. On February 3, 1956, how must is Senator Case bribed with?
4. What laws are extended to public facilities in 1896?
5. Who is denied an American burial in 1945?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does LBJ keep a sense of urgency alive in the Senate?
2. What is the reason and possible consequences for LBJ delaying his announcement to run for president?
3. What happens as a result of the Supreme Court's decision to allow an African American student register at the University of Alabama?
4. What does LBJ's Civil Rights law do for the movement?
5. What is this chapter called "Working Up"?
6. Why do the unions support LBJ's bill and provide him with the remaining votes he needs?
7. What does the 1956 election do to LBJ?
8. Why does LBJ distance himself from the publicity surrounding the funeral?
9. Why does Russell advise LBJ that his bill is meaningless at this time?
10. What leads to the increase the black voters?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe LBJ's relationship with Lady Bird.
Why is Lady Bird so loyal to LBJ?
Do you think Lady Bird gives something up by marrying LBJ and staying with him?
Why does she describe her best years as the Senate Years?
Essay Topic 2
Humphrey poses a possible threat to LBJ. How does LBJ form an alliance with Humphrey? Is this alliance successful. Provide examples or an explanation for you answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is the Texas NYA? How does LBJ make a lasting impact on this organization and the people it serves? How does the organization make a lasting impact on LBJ? Provide examples to support your answer.
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)