|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two states sue the FDC in 1954 in order to decrease oil prices?
(a) Florida and Georgia.
(b) Ohio and Texas.
(c) Michigan and Wisconsin.
(d) Main and Vermont.
2. What liberal does LBJ court by bringing them to his ranch?
3. Whose support does Reedy suggest LBJ gain his strong position within the Senate again?
(a) The southerners.
(b) The railroad unions.
(c) The oilmen.
(d) The liberals.
4. As LBJ listens to various people, exactly what is he listening for?
(a) Their ability to be bribed.
(b) What they want out of the civil rights movement.
(c) Their constituents needs.
(d) What they are not saying.
5. Who reigns in the southern Senators when they threaten to filibuster?
Short Answer Questions
1. What Senate rule does Proxmire attack?
2. What does the press accuse LBJ of in 1956?
3. In addition to Russell, what other Senator is hesitant to support LBJ for the 1956 nomination?
4. With the launch of Sputnik in 1957, what issue does LBJ brings to the table?
5. How many African Americans are registered to vote in Bullock County, AL in 1954?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the quid pro quo work for LBJ's Civil Rights bill?
2. What does LBJ argue about that Civil Rights legislation needing to be?
3. What is the public's reaction to the Brown v. Board of Education case?
4. Why does LBJ distance himself from the publicity surrounding the funeral?
5. What do the liberals attempt to do to speed up the bills reaching the Senate floor?
6. Why is LBJ's check-up at the Mayo Clinic a convenient absence from Senate?
7. Why does LBJ originally decline the support of the southern Senators for the presidential nomination?
8. How does LBJ coordinate the return of Private Felic Longoria's body?
9. What is Russell's strategy for the speeches given by the southerners over the Civil Rights bill?
10. What does the 1956 election do to LBJ?
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)