|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who reigns in the southern Senators when they threaten to filibuster?
2. Whose support does Reedy suggest LBJ gain his strong position within the Senate again?
(a) The railroad unions.
(b) The southerners.
(c) The oilmen.
(d) The liberals.
3. When trying to stall Douglas, how does LBJ prolong the legislative day?
(a) Adjourning the day.
(b) Not calling Roll call.
(c) Calling recess.
(d) Walking off the Senate floor.
4. Who does LBJ placate behind the scenes?
(a) Oilmen and liberals.
(b) Southerners and North Westerners.
(c) NAACP and liberals.
(d) New Democrates and liberals.
5. Who is recruited to win over Rauth in chapter 41?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suggests LBJ turn down the offer for Vice President?
2. How does LBJ feel he wins over the liberals for the coming Democratic Presidential nomination?
3. What role does LBJ want to play during the funeral?
4. Who does LBJ turn to for additional votes for his legislation?
5. What population does LBJ work with while heading the Texas NYA?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are LBJ's fears when the Rules Committee forms a sub-committee to investigate campaign financing?
2. Hoe does LBJ stop a Supreme-Court ripping bill from reaching the Senate floor?
3. Why is LBJ's check-up at the Mayo Clinic a convenient absence from Senate?
4. What does the 1956 election do to LBJ?
5. Why is it important for LBJ to win the 1956 Democratic nomination?
6. What is the public's reaction to the Brown v. Board of Education case?
7. Why does LBJ want his Vice Presidential offices to remain where his Senate offices are?
8. What happens as a result of the Supreme Court's decision to allow an African American student register at the University of Alabama?
9. What two committees wae created in 1958 and what is their purpose?
10. What is Russell's strategy for the speeches given by the southerners over the Civil Rights bill?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)