|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rayburn stall in order to help LBJ with the presidential nomination?
(a) H.R. 614.
(b) H.R. 627.
(c) H.R. 329.
(d) H.R. 527.
2. What does the Douglas Group refuse to compromise on regarding the Civil Rights legislation?
(a) Part III.
(b) Part VI.
(c) Part V.
(d) Part IV.
3. What role does LBJ want to play during the funeral?
(c) He does not attend.
(d) Key participant.
4. How many votes does LBJ need to vote as a Bloc with the south against cloture?
5. Who does LBJ placate behind the scenes?
(a) New Democrates and liberals.
(b) Oilmen and liberals.
(c) NAACP and liberals.
(d) Southerners and North Westerners.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does LBJ offer the north westerners in return for their vote?
2. How do conservative financiers control the Mexican American votes?
3. Prior to holding the Presidency, what does LBJ say about African Americans?
4. Who is elected LBJ's replacement for Majority Leader?
5. Who conducts the longest one man filibuster described in chapter 41?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Russell's strategy for the speeches given by the southerners over the Civil Rights bill?
2. What does the Declaration of Constitutional Principles pronounce?
3. What happens in the Senate when Neely of West Virginia dies?
4. Hoe does LBJ stop a Supreme-Court ripping bill from reaching the Senate floor?
5. What leads to the increase the black voters?
6. What does LBJ's Civil Rights law do for the movement?
7. What happens regarding the election in 1960?
8. How does the quid pro quo work for LBJ's Civil Rights bill?
9. Why does Russell advise LBJ that his bill is meaningless at this time?
10. What does Russell claim Part III of the Civil Rights bill really is?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)