|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is recruited to win over Rauth in chapter 41?
2. What type of school does LBJ teach at from 1928-1929?
(a) Upper-class rural.
(d) Inner-City Black.
3. How many Senators are on the Judiciary Committee in 1956 just before the Democratic Presidential nominations?
4. Who does LBJ recruit to help with his presidential nomination?
5. As fighting begins on the Senate floor, what does LBJ realize?
(a) They must vote immediately.
(b) He is losing control.
(c) He can exert his power.
(d) He fails his party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do reporters call LBJ's suite of offices?
2. What laws are extended to public facilities in 1896?
3. How does MLK Jr. tell followers to deal with opposition?
4. Who does Eisenhower say has the power to kill the whole civil rights bill?
5. What role does LBJ want to play during the funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does LBJ argue about that Civil Rights legislation needing to be?
2. What is this chapter called "Working Up"?
3. What environment does LBJ grow up in that leads him to be prejudice?
4. What is the reason and possible consequences for LBJ delaying his announcement to run for president?
5. Why does LBJ originally decline the support of the southern Senators for the presidential nomination?
6. What does the Declaration of Constitutional Principles pronounce?
7. What does Russell claim Part III of the Civil Rights bill really is?
8. Why does LBJ want his Vice Presidential offices to remain where his Senate offices are?
9. What is the result of Governor Faubus' actions regarding the African American children and Central High School?
10. Why does LBJ distance himself from the publicity surrounding the funeral?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)