|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who conducts the longest one man filibuster described in chapter 41?
2. What conservative Senator does LBJ call to replace Kilgore after his death in 1956?
3. What does Lady Bird consider the happiest years of her life?
(a) The Senate years.
(b) The White House Years.
(c) The college years.
(d) The Texas NYA years.
4. As a congressman, what does LBJ do for poor families in Texas Hill Country?
(a) Get them electricity.
(b) Fund better education.
(c) Provide English Language classes.
(d) Decrease taxes.
5. What amendment does LBJ decide to hold fast to within the Civil Rights legislation?
(a) Part IV.
(b) Part VI.
(c) Part III.
(d) Part V.
6. Who is recruited to win over Rauth in chapter 41?
7. Who is selected to read the Southern Manifesto on the Senate floor?
8. What do liberals feel is the result if a white juror is selected for the southern jury?
(c) A hung Jury.
9. Who does LBJ know opposes change to the Civil Rights Bill?
10. What does the passing of a small Civil Rights bill allow LBJ to do with easy?
(a) Show continued support for the south.
(b) Make amendments.
(c) Appease the liberals.
(d) Become the next president.
11. Who does LBJ turn to for additional votes for his legislation?
(d) North Westerners.
12. How do conservative financiers control the Mexican American votes?
(b) Keeping voter registration down.
(d) The patron system.
13. When does LBJ head the Texas NYA?
14. What does LBJ say politicians do when African Americans get the vote?
(a) Begin moving for better funding.
(b) Target more white voters.
(c) Beg for their support.
(d) Propose minority legislation.
15. What does the press accuse LBJ of in 1956?
(a) Unethical dealings.
(b) Being controlled by Russell.
(c) Doing nothing.
(d) Denying Senatorial rights.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who defies the Supreme Court decision by blocking black students from Central High School?
2. Who has too much power under Part III of the bill?
3. What population does LBJ work with while heading the Texas NYA?
4. Who does LBJ recruit to help with his presidential nomination?
5. What laws are extended to public facilities in 1896?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)