|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who conducts the longest one man filibuster described in chapter 41?
2. What type of school does LBJ teach at from 1928-1929?
(c) Inner-City Black.
(d) Upper-class rural.
3. What does LBJ feel and hear from southern Senators?
(b) Peace for Civil Rights.
(c) Defiance against Civil Rights.
4. When is the NAACP founded?
5. What population does LBJ work with while heading the Texas NYA?
(a) Mexicans and Blacks.
(b) Individuals with disabilities.
(c) Wealthy Rebublicans.
6. How does MLK Jr. tell followers to deal with opposition?
(a) Defy all opposition.
(b) Meet hate with love.
(c) Use any means necessary.
(d) Fight back.
7. What does the Douglas Group refuse to compromise on regarding the Civil Rights legislation?
(a) Part IV.
(b) Part III.
(c) Part V.
(d) Part VI.
8. How do conservative financiers control the Mexican American votes?
(a) Keeping voter registration down.
(d) The patron system.
9. How does LBJ feel he wins over the liberals for the coming Democratic Presidential nomination?
(a) Allow then to have the floor.
(b) Bring them to his ranch.
(c) Give them better committee positions.
(d) Pass the Social Security Act.
10. What does Lady Bird consider the happiest years of her life?
(a) The White House Years.
(b) The Senate years.
(c) The Texas NYA years.
(d) The college years.
11. What group steps in to help the widow of the deceased man in 1945?
(a) The American G.I. Forum.
(b) The Americans for Civil Rights.
(c) The Coalition for Justice.
(d) The NAACP.
12. What does the press accuse LBJ of in 1956?
(a) Being controlled by Russell.
(b) Denying Senatorial rights.
(c) Unethical dealings.
(d) Doing nothing.
13. Prior to holding the Presidency, what does LBJ say about African Americans?
(a) Their voting should be limited.
(b) They are an inproverished people.
(c) They should be equal.
(d) They are lazy and prone to violence.
14. In addition to Russell, what other Senator is hesitant to support LBJ for the 1956 nomination?
15. What has to be included in the Part IV to still enforce voting rights?
(b) Jury trial.
(c) Due diligance.
(d) Civil contempt provisions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What amendment does LBJ decide to hold fast to within the Civil Rights legislation?
2. What does a change in Texas law allow LBJ to do in 1960?
3. On February 3, 1956, how must is Senator Case bribed with?
4. What does the passing of a small Civil Rights bill allow LBJ to do with easy?
5. What happens on January 18, 1954 when a group of African Americans try to register to vote?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)