|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does LBJ come out at the end of chapter 41, in terms of popularity and support?
(a) Many are still untrusting of him.
(c) Strong, but still needs to win some support.
2. What does LBJ feel and hear from southern Senators?
(a) Defiance against Civil Rights.
(b) Peace for Civil Rights.
3. Who losses ground among African Americans from 1952-1956?
4. What two states sue the FDC in 1954 in order to decrease oil prices?
(a) Michigan and Wisconsin.
(b) Main and Vermont.
(c) Florida and Georgia.
(d) Ohio and Texas.
5. Who is elected LBJ's replacement for Majority Leader?
6. What does the US Supreme Court order the University of Alabama do in 1956?
(a) Ban all political demonstrations.
(b) Open undergraduate registeration to Blacks.
(c) Register all students of voting age.
(d) Admit an African American Graduate student.
7. In addition to Russell, what other Senator is hesitant to support LBJ for the 1956 nomination?
8. With the launch of Sputnik in 1957, what issue does LBJ brings to the table?
(a) Committee Funding.
9. What does the press accuse LBJ of in 1956?
(a) Denying Senatorial rights.
(b) Being controlled by Russell.
(c) Unethical dealings.
(d) Doing nothing.
10. What tactic, successful in the past, fail during the rallies after African Americans have Martin Luther King Jr as a leader?
(a) Peaseful dispersion.
(b) Get-tough tactics.
(c) Appeasing the demonstrators.
(d) Ignoring demonstrations.
11. What new Democrats refuse the keep quiet and learn during the period of being a Senator?
(a) Muskie and Proxmire.
(b) Muskie and Church.
(c) Proxmire and Smith.
(d) Proxmire and Holding.
12. What civil rights amendments outlaw slavery and guarantee the right to vote and due process?
(a) 5, 9, 15.
(b) 1, 5, 8.
(c) 1, 13, 19.
(d) 13, 14, 15.
13. What does LBJ have to do before being sworn in as VP?
(a) Resign from Senate.
(b) Undergo an investigation.
(c) Address Congress.
(d) Request permission from Senate.
14. What does LBJ resign from the Texas NYA?
(a) It is interfering with his principles.
(b) To run for Congress.
(c) He is done with social service.
(d) He is not properly serving the people.
15. What does the passing of a small Civil Rights bill allow LBJ to do with easy?
(a) Become the next president.
(b) Make amendments.
(c) Show continued support for the south.
(d) Appease the liberals.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is LBJ feeling at the end of the convention?
2. What has to be included in the Part IV to still enforce voting rights?
3. How many votes does LBJ have when he gets to the Democratic Convention in 1956?
4. What does a change in Texas law allow LBJ to do in 1960?
5. How many southern states call LBJ "favorite son"?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)