|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose testimony supports the notion of the Truman Administration's policies containing communist aggression?
2. What Senator is rumored to be a homosexual?
(c) Chip Bohlen.
3. Who is expected to be the Republican Presidential candidate in 1952?
4. What committee is LBJ offered upon entering the Senate?
(d) National Security.
5. What group is LBJ named director of at age 26?
(a) Federal Trade Administration.
(b) Natinal Youth Administration for Texas.
(c) Young Republicans.
6. Whose influence does Olds state lead him to become less radical?
7. What election does Richard Bevard Russell Jr. win in 1930?
(a) Vice President.
(d) Governor of Georgia.
8. What liberal Senator does LBJ attempt to befriend when leaders run into difficulties bringing the liberals and conservatives together?
(a) Walter George.
(b) Estes Kefauver.
(d) Hubert Humphrey.
9. How is Olds referred to during his trial initiated by LBJ?
(a) As a traitor.
(b) As a Chameleon.
(c) As a stand up Congressman.
(d) An old liberal.
10. Who does LBJ choose to work on his North Korean investigation committee?
(b) Junior Senators.
(c) FBI and CIA.
(d) FBI and ONI.
11. What is LBJ's job as the Majority Whip considered?
(a) A career ending move.
(b) A nothing job.
(c) A rational progression in his career.
(d) On the path to power.
12. What do northern Senators feel the seniority system excludes?
(a) Voice of the people.
(b) Freshmen talent.
(d) Key committees.
13. What is the result of Olds' trial?
(a) He goes bankrupt.
(b) He is jailed for treason.
(c) He loses his job.
(d) He gains power in the Senate.
14. Why does McCarthy leave the Senate?
(a) He is impeached.
(b) He dies.
(c) He is not re-elected.
(d) He gets sick.
15. Who is inaugurated in 1913?
(a) Franklin Roosevelt.
(b) Woodrow Wilson.
(c) Warren Harding.
(d) Lyndon Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the result of LBJ's demanding work schedule?
2. What is LBJ's life quest or goal?
3. What does LBJ's brother, Sam, do to help his situation in terms of his career?
4. Why is LBJ frustrated working in the House?
5. How long is LBJ sedated after his heart attack?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)