|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is LBJ frustrated working in the House?
(a) There is no face-to-face work.
(b) He does not have enough work to do.
(c) He cannot move up politically.
(d) All communications are face-to-face.
2. What is LBJ's job as the Majority Whip considered?
(a) On the path to power.
(b) A nothing job.
(c) A rational progression in his career.
(d) A career ending move.
3. What is LBJ's life quest or goal?
(a) Help the downtrodden.
(b) Earn an honest living.
(c) Make money.
(d) Great power.
4. How are LBJ's children being raised?
(a) They grow up fast.
(b) With love.
(c) In a nurturing home.
(d) By committee.
5. How does LBJ often treat his wife?
(a) He beats her.
(b) He humiliates her.
(c) He praises her.
(d) He honors her.
6. What does Richard Bevard Russell Jr. become known as after his father's death?
(a) Uncle Dick.
(b) Head of the House.
(c) Grandfather Dick.
(d) Uncle Sam.
7. Who heads the Dixiecrat Party after Russell loses as Truman's replacement?
(a) Strom Thurmond.
(d) Hubert Humphrey.
8. How many siblings does LBJ have?
9. Who is inaugurated in 1913?
(a) Franklin Roosevelt.
(b) Lyndon Johnson.
(c) Warren Harding.
(d) Woodrow Wilson.
10. When is General Douglas MacArthur relieved from his command in Korea?
(a) June 1951.
(b) April 1951.
(c) May 1949.
(d) March 1950.
11. Whose testimony supports the notion of the Truman Administration's policies containing communist aggression?
12. How close do the Democrats come to controlling the Senate in 1954?
(a) Two votes.
(b) One vote.
(c) Five votes.
(d) Four votes.
13. What seemingly impenetrable group does LBJ need support form to reach the White House?
(c) Southern Bloc.
(d) Steel workers.
14. What committee controls the money to run programs proposed by other committees?
(a) Weights and Measures.
(d) The Presidential Committee.
15. What makes LBJ's job as Majority Leader more difficult in terms of major bills and controversial issues?
(a) Voting Blocs.
(b) Unanimous consent.
(c) Absent voting.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does LBJ pay for his old house?
2. What does Olds do after his time in politics?
3. Who does LBJ choose to work on his North Korean investigation committee?
4. How does LBJ live his life?
5. Whose death allows moderate Republicans to call for a moratorium on rhetoric?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)