|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who supports LBJ's decision to volunteer for an unpopular position in the Senate?
2. What amendment to the U.S. constitution gives black individuals the right to vote?
3. What assignment does Magnuson want more than Foreign Affairs?
4. What is required to override a Senator's right to extend discussion on a proposed bill?
(a) Two thirds vote.
(c) Unanimous consent.
(d) Presidental order.
5. What seemingly impenetrable group does LBJ need support form to reach the White House?
(a) Southern Bloc.
(d) Steel workers.
6. How does the constitution originally state Senators are elected?
(a) By state legislatures.
(b) By the President.
(c) By the House.
(d) Popular vote.
7. According to Newsweek, how many bills are passed one day in four hours, and 43 minutes?
8. How do the Southern Senators view Humphrey when he first arrives in the Senate?
(a) A force to be reckoned with.
(b) A civil rights foe.
(c) A child.
(d) A colleague.
9. In 1954, who attempts to change Senate Rule 22?
10. What is the result of LBJ's demanding work schedule?
(a) A divorce.
(d) A varity of medical problems.
11. What does LBJ demand of his staff?
(b) Compassion for others.
(d) 10 bills per month written.
12. What does LBJ say about opposing Eisenhower's Foreign policy?
(a) It is American.
(b) It is suicide.
(c) It is shameful.
(d) It boosts a Senator's career.
13. How much does LBJ pay for his old house?
14. Who attempts to coach LBJ on proper Senate behavior?
(a) Woodrow Wilson.
(c) Walter George.
(d) Richard Russell Sr.
15. What does LBJ do to accommodate his many guests during his recovery on the ranch?
(a) Pays for their hotel.
(b) Offers his room.
(c) Has a four room guest house built.
(d) Hires additional staff.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the result of Olds' trial?
2. What committee controls the money to run programs proposed by other committees?
3. What law is passed that gives the FPC power to regulate gas prices?
4. How does LBJ's personality fit into the Senate?
5. What liberal Senator does LBJ attempt to befriend when leaders run into difficulties bringing the liberals and conservatives together?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)