|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Russell Jr call McCarthy?
(b) Man's man.
(d) Huckster of hysteria.
2. How many liberal Democrats defend Olds during his trial?
3. What state is Estes Kefauver from?
(d) West Virginia.
4. What committee is LBJ offered upon entering the Senate?
(d) National Security.
5. How many siblings does LBJ have?
6. What does FDR use to maintain support of the public?
(a) Radio fireside chats.
7. Who heads the Senate?
(c) Vice President.
8. What attracts Olds by reminding business owners of christian duties toward their workers?
(a) Social Gospel movement.
(b) Labor rights.
(c) Steel workers.
(d) Civil rights movement.
9. Whose influence does Olds state lead him to become less radical?
10. How does the constitution originally state Senators are elected?
(a) By the President.
(b) By state legislatures.
(c) By the House.
(d) Popular vote.
11. What is the result of Olds' trial?
(a) He goes bankrupt.
(b) He loses his job.
(c) He is jailed for treason.
(d) He gains power in the Senate.
12. What are the years from 1891-1859 considered in the Senate?
(a) The Golden Years.
(b) The Dark Years.
(c) The Guilded Age.
(d) The Glory of the Senate.
13. Who wants the information that LBJ gathers regarding votes?
(a) The White House.
(b) No one.
(c) Other Senators.
(d) The House of Representatives.
14. What seemingly impenetrable group does LBJ need support form to reach the White House?
(a) Steel workers.
(c) Southern Bloc.
15. What liberal Senator does LBJ attempt to befriend when leaders run into difficulties bringing the liberals and conservatives together?
(b) Estes Kefauver.
(c) Hubert Humphrey.
(d) Walter George.
Short Answer Questions
1. What unpopular job does LBJ volunteer for within the Senate?
2. What do the desks of the Senate look like to an observer?
3. Whose death allows moderate Republicans to call for a moratorium on rhetoric?
4. What law is passed that gives the FPC power to regulate gas prices?
5. How much does LBJ pay for his old house?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)