|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6 Chapter 42.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is LBJ frustrated working in the House?
(a) All communications are face-to-face.
(b) There is no face-to-face work.
(c) He does not have enough work to do.
(d) He cannot move up politically.
2. What makes LBJ's job as Majority Leader more difficult in terms of major bills and controversial issues?
(b) Unanimous consent.
(c) Absent voting.
(d) Voting Blocs.
3. How does LBJ get to the hospital in 1955 after he suffers a massive heart attack?
(a) A friend drives.
(b) An ambluance.
(c) A hearse.
(d) He drives himself.
4. What population does LBJ work with while heading the Texas NYA?
(a) Mexicans and Blacks.
(b) Wealthy Rebublicans.
(d) Individuals with disabilities.
5. As a congressman, what does LBJ do for poor families in Texas Hill Country?
(a) Decrease taxes.
(b) Fund better education.
(c) Provide English Language classes.
(d) Get them electricity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is selected to read the Southern Manifesto on the Senate floor?
2. Prior to holding the Presidency, what does LBJ say about African Americans?
3. When does McCarthy leave the Senate?
4. What is the attitude of the Democratic party after LBJ heart attack?
5. Who is acting Majority Leader when LBJ return to the Senate?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)