|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 8 | Part 2 Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What committee is LBJ offered upon entering the Senate?
(c) National Security.
2. What are the years from 1891-1859 considered in the Senate?
(a) The Golden Years.
(b) The Dark Years.
(c) The Guilded Age.
(d) The Glory of the Senate.
3. Why is LBJ frustrated working in the House?
(a) He does not have enough work to do.
(b) There is no face-to-face work.
(c) All communications are face-to-face.
(d) He cannot move up politically.
4. What does FDR use to maintain support of the public?
(b) Radio fireside chats.
5. How does the Southern Bloc in the Senate defend Jim Crow against the Northern Liberals?
(a) A filibuster.
(b) Creating Bills.
(c) Congressional action.
(d) A trial.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard Bevard Russell Jr. become known as after his father's death?
2. Who attempts to coach LBJ on proper Senate behavior?
3. How does the constitution originally state Senators are elected?
4. What term refers to a body of laws proposed to enforce segregation?
5. What is LBJ's life quest or goal?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)