|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 8 | Part 2 Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is LBJ frustrated working in the House?
(a) He does not have enough work to do.
(b) All communications are face-to-face.
(c) There is no face-to-face work.
(d) He cannot move up politically.
2. How do the two houses of congress treat the Great Depression?
(a) Top priority.
(b) Business as usual.
(c) The opportunity to gain power.
(d) With care.
3. What term refers to a body of laws proposed to enforce segregation?
(b) Ninth Amendment.
(c) Jim Crow.
(d) Southern Bloc.
4. How old is Richard Bevard Russell Jr. when he wins a seat in the state house?
(a) 23 years.
(b) 34 years.
(c) 41 years.
(d) 56 years.
5. What committee is LBJ offered upon entering the Senate?
(d) National Security.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is LBJ's life quest or goal?
2. What is required to override a Senator's right to extend discussion on a proposed bill?
3. What does FDR use to maintain support of the public?
4. What does LBJ demand of his staff?
5. Who attempts to coach LBJ on proper Senate behavior?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)