|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 8 | Part 2 Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does FDR use to maintain support of the public?
(b) Radio fireside chats.
2. How long does Richard Bevard Russell Sr. serve as Chief Justice?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 16 years.
(c) 26 years.
(d) 19 years.
3. What do the desks of the Senate look like to an observer?
(b) Schoolhouse furniture.
(c) Used furniture.
(d) Majestic glory.
4. How does the constitution originally state Senators are elected?
(a) Popular vote.
(b) By the House.
(c) By state legislatures.
(d) By the President.
5. Who is inaugurated in 1913?
(a) Woodrow Wilson.
(b) Franklin Roosevelt.
(c) Lyndon Johnson.
(d) Warren Harding.
Short Answer Questions
1. What term refers to a body of laws proposed to enforce segregation?
2. What seemingly impenetrable group does LBJ need support form to reach the White House?
3. How do the two houses of congress treat the Great Depression?
4. Who attempts to coach LBJ on proper Senate behavior?
5. What leads to the decline of the Senate's effectiveness and prestige?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)