|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does David die in an explosion?
2. Who does Eve pretend she is in this section?
3. What country is Mellis's father from?
4. Where does Kate send Alexandra and Eve to boarding school?
5. What does Dr. Harley say he will do if George refuses to see a threapist?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tony cope in Paris?
2. How does Kate deal with Tony at the beginning of this section?
3. How does George fool Kate in this section?
4. How does Eve convince Dr. Harley Alexandra is ill?
5. How does Eve ensure George keeps his word about killing Alexandra?
6. Why is everyone at the advertising company hostile towards Alexandra?
7. Why do the adults think Alexandra is a clumsy child?
8. How does Tony get away from business school?
9. How does Kate manipulate Tony in to marrying Marianne?
10. How does Eve want George to use the therapy to help their scheme?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider the following questions:
1) Why is Eve so against her sister Alexandra?
2) What does say about Alexandra that she never reacts badly to Alexandra behavior?
3) What meaning does it give the story that it is Eve and not Alexandra that suffers in the end?
Essay Topic 2
What are the similarities between Alexandra and Eve as twin? Why do the students think Eve is so obsessed with killing Alexandra?
Essay Topic 3
What does Van der Merwe's character say about South Africa during the late 19th century in South Africa? How does James ruin Van der Merwe's life? How would James's life have developed if Van der Merwe had treated him fairly?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)