|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country does Eve attend school?
2. Who is arrested in this section?
3. What is the name of George's therapist?
4. How does Eve say she will expose George if he tries to kill her?
5. Where does George celebrate the twins' birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Eve want George to use the therapy to help their scheme?
2. Why does Tony demand his mother keeps out of his life?
3. How does Tony cope in Paris?
4. How does George fool Kate in this section?
5. How does Tony get away from business school?
6. How does Kate help the black movement in South Africa?
7. Why do Alexandra's co-workers finally accept her at the agency?
8. How does Kate react when Tony says he wants to become an artist?
9. How does Kate destroy Tony's art career?
10. Why is everyone at the advertising company hostile towards Alexandra?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider the following questions:
1) Why do the students think Kate grows up into such cold person?
2) How does Kate's cold attitude affect the other family members?
Essay Topic 2
What does Van der Merwe's character say about South Africa during the late 19th century in South Africa? How does James ruin Van der Merwe's life? How would James's life have developed if Van der Merwe had treated him fairly?
Essay Topic 3
Why do the students think Kate makes such a successful business woman? Why is Kate so motivated to maintain the family's power? Can the students think of anyone in real life that is similar to Kate's character?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)