|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What war starts at the end of this section?
2. What does Tony say he wants be when he is older?
3. Who does Kate think is the future of Kruger-Brent?
4. What does Kate build in fifth avenue?
5. What is the name of the surgeon who operates on Kate?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tony cope in Paris?
2. How does Eve create trouble at the boarding school in South Carolina?
3. How does Eve convince Dr. Harley Alexandra is ill?
4. What does Templeton learn about George in this section?
5. How does Kate deal with Tony at the beginning of this section?
6. How does Eve ensure George keeps his word about killing Alexandra?
7. How does Eve transfer the blame of her expulsion onto Alexandra?
8. How does Kate react when Tony says he wants to become an artist?
9. How does Eve sort out the mess George creates when he beats her up?
10. How does Eve kill George in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does James develop his business? How is Jame's drive for success passed on to his family members?
Essay Topic 2
Consider the following questions:
1) Why do the students think Kate grows up into such cold person?
2) How does Kate's cold attitude affect the other family members?
Essay Topic 3
What role does George play in the book? How would the book change if he was not part of it? How is he important in developing the characters of both Eve and Alexandra?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)