Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Jamie and Banda ask for a job?
2. Who invites Jamie to dinner in this section?
3. Who are the police looking for in this section?
4. How did Van der Merwe reward Banda for saving his daughter?
5. Where does Margaret take a job?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Van der Merwe give Banda a job at his store?
2. How does David find new work in this section?
3. How does Kate make Kruger-Brent one of the biggest conglomerates in the world?
4. How does Jamie use the guard to escape from the diamond beach?
5. How does Jamie get beaten up in this section?
6. Why does Van der Merwe make an exception of Jamie when he starts taking his daughter out into town?
7. Why does the headmistress at the Swiss school expel Eve?
8. How does Eve create trouble at the boarding school in South Carolina?
9. Why does no one recognize Jamie when he returns to Klipdrift?
10. How does Eve kill George in this section?
Essay Topic 1
In what does the author suggest there is a attraction between James and Margaret? Why does James shy away from the attraction that he feels for Margaret? How does James' attitude for Margaret set the standards for the Blackwell's family's attitude?
Essay Topic 2
How accurate do the students think is Sidney Sheldon's representation of powerful families? How does he use the story and character to create his representation?
Essay Topic 3
Look at the generation gap between younger and the older characters. What different experiences did each generations go through? What problems is the generation gap causing the characters?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)