|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kate buy in Dark Harbor Maine?
2. Who does Jamie fall in love with in this chapter?
3. What is Van der Merwe forced to put up for sale?
4. Where does Jamie meet the man who beats him up?
5. What is Jamie training David to become?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Tony demand his mother keeps out of his life?
2. How does George fool Kate in this section?
3. How does Eve sort out the mess George creates when he beats her up?
4. Why does Margaret send Kate to boarding school?
5. Describe Kate's character.
6. How does Jamie get Van der Merwe's diamond beach?
7. How does Eve ensure George keeps his word about killing Alexandra?
8. Why does no one recognize Jamie when he returns to Klipdrift?
9. What problems do Banda and Jamie have with their raft?
10. Why is everyone at the advertising company hostile towards Alexandra?
Essay Topic 1
Away from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
How accurate do the students think is Sidney Sheldon's representation of powerful families? How does he use the story and character to create his representation?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the construction of Sheldon's argument.
1. How does he introduce his ideas?
2. How does he construct his ideas to come to logical conclusion?
3. What weaknesses and strengths can you identify in Sheldon's argument?
This section contains 1,257 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)