Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Jamie and Banda ask for a job?
2. Who invites Jamie to dinner in this section?
3. Who are the police looking for in this section?
4. How did Van der Merwe reward Banda for saving his daughter?
5. Where does Margaret take a job?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Van der Merwe give Banda a job at his store?
2. How does David find new work in this section?
3. How does Kate make Kruger-Brent one of the biggest conglomerates in the world?
4. How does Jamie use the guard to escape from the diamond beach?
5. How does Jamie get beaten up in this section?
6. Why does Van der Merwe make an exception of Jamie when he starts taking his daughter out into town?
7. Why does the headmistress at the Swiss school expel Eve?
8. How does Eve create trouble at the boarding school in South Carolina?
9. Why does no one recognize Jamie when he returns to Klipdrift?
10. How does Eve kill George in this section?
How accurate do the students think is Sidney Sheldon's representation of powerful families? How does he use the story and character to create his representation?
What role does George play in the book? How would the book change if he was not part of it? How is he important in developing the characters of both Eve and Alexandra?
What does Sidney Sheldon say about the self-made man? What does it say about Sheldon's own views about life? How does the theme link to American society in the 1980s? How does he use the main characters to express his view?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)