|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David decide to enlist in the army?
2. What is Magaret dying from in this section?
3. Why does Kate say she liked Banda?
4. What has Jamie gone to Klipdrift to find?
5. Who does Jamie send to help Banda?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the police want to kill Banda?
2. What problems does Jamie suffer on his journey to find diamonds?
3. How does the prison camp affect Kate?
4. Why does Kate help Banda escape?
5. How does Jamie get Van der Merwe's diamond beach?
6. How does Jamie use the guard to escape from the diamond beach?
7. How does Jamie try to calm down the strikers?
8. Describe Kate's character.
9. Why does no one recognize Jamie when he returns to Klipdrift?
10. How does Jamie get the bartender onto his side?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider the following questions:
1) Why do the students think Kate grows up into such cold person?
2) How does Kate's cold attitude affect the other family members?
Essay Topic 2
How accurate do the students think is Sidney Sheldon's representation of powerful families? How does he use the story and character to create his representation?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Kate's character to the person she was at the beginning of the book to the she is at the end.
1. What did Kate hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes Kate's ideas about life?
3. How has Kate's character changed by the end of the book?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)