Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Jamie and Banda ask for a job?
2. Who invites Jamie to dinner in this section?
3. Who are the police looking for in this section?
4. How did Van der Merwe reward Banda for saving his daughter?
5. Where does Margaret take a job?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Van der Merwe give Banda a job at his store?
2. How does David find new work in this section?
3. How does Kate make Kruger-Brent one of the biggest conglomerates in the world?
4. How does Jamie use the guard to escape from the diamond beach?
5. How does Jamie get beaten up in this section?
6. Why does Van der Merwe make an exception of Jamie when he starts taking his daughter out into town?
7. Why does the headmistress at the Swiss school expel Eve?
8. How does Eve create trouble at the boarding school in South Carolina?
9. Why does no one recognize Jamie when he returns to Klipdrift?
10. How does Eve kill George in this section?
What did Kate and Margaret experience at the concentration camps? How do the concentration camps affect Margaret and Kate's relationship?
Compare Kate's character to the person she was at the beginning of the book to the she is at the end.
1. What did Kate hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes Kate's ideas about life?
3. How has Kate's character changed by the end of the book?
What does Van der Merwe's character say about South Africa during the late 19th century in South Africa? How does James ruin Van der Merwe's life? How would James's life have developed if Van der Merwe had treated him fairly?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)