|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jamie meet the man who beats him up?
2. Why does Banda say he took Kate?
3. What does Jamie suffer at the age of only 28?
4. Who does Kate marry at the end of this section?
5. What is the name of Van der Merwe's daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jamie get to Klipdrift?
2. How does Jamie use the guard to escape from the diamond beach?
3. Why does Margaret send Kate to boarding school?
4. Why does Banda dislike Van der Merwe?
5. How does Jamie get Van der Merwe's diamond beach?
6. Describe Kate's character.
7. Describe Jamie's marriage to Margaret.
8. How does the prison camp affect Kate?
9. Why does think Jamie a raft will help them in their mission to steal from Van der Merwe's diamond beach in Namib Desert?
10. Why did Van der Merwe give Banda a job at his store?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did Kate and Margaret experience at the concentration camps? How do the concentration camps affect Margaret and Kate's relationship?
Essay Topic 2
Consider the following questions:
1) Why do the students think Kate grows up into such cold person?
2) How does Kate's cold attitude affect the other family members?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Kate's obsession with her family business affected one of the following areas in her life.
2. Social life.
3. Intimate relationships.
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)