|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Banda and Jamie hear the guards leading to the beach?
2. Why does Margaret say she wants to die?
3. Where does Jamie return to in this section?
4. What country was Jamie from originally?
5. Who does Banda accuse the government of killing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Van der Merwe refuse to give Jamie what he expected?
2. What proposition does Van der Merwe make Jamie over dinner?
3. How does Jamie's life take a turn for the worse in this section?
4. What problems do Banda and Jamie have with their raft?
5. Describe Kate's character.
6. Why do the police want to kill Banda?
7. How does Jamie use Margaret to get back at Van der Merwe?
8. How does Jamie get Van der Merwe's diamond beach?
9. Why does Jamie despise Margaret?
10. What problems does Jamie suffer on his journey to find diamonds?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did Kate and Margaret experience at the concentration camps? How do the concentration camps affect Margaret and Kate's relationship?
Essay Topic 2
How does James develop his business? How is Jame's drive for success passed on to his family members?
Essay Topic 3
In what does the author suggest there is a attraction between James and Margaret? Why does James shy away from the attraction that he feels for Margaret? How does James' attitude for Margaret set the standards for the Blackwell's family's attitude?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)