|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Kate in love with?
2. What does Band not want to cross in the fog?
3. What is Magaret dying from in this section?
4. Why does David decide to enlist in the army?
5. Who does Banda accuse Vander Merwe of raping?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Van der Merwe give Banda a job at his store?
2. Why does Van der Merwe make an exception of Jamie when he starts taking his daughter out into town?
3. Why does Kate help Banda escape?
4. Describe Jamie's marriage to Margaret.
5. Why does Tony demand his mother keeps out of his life?
6. How does Eve convince Dr. Harley Alexandra is ill?
7. How does Jamie get beaten up in this section?
8. How does Eve kill George in this section?
9. How does Jamie get the bartender onto his side?
10. How does Jamie get to Klipdrift?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider the following questions:
1) Why is Eve so against her sister Alexandra?
2) What does say about Alexandra that she never reacts badly to Alexandra behavior?
3) What meaning does it give the story that it is Eve and not Alexandra that suffers in the end?
Essay Topic 2
What role does George play in the book? How would the book change if he was not part of it? How is he important in developing the characters of both Eve and Alexandra?
Essay Topic 3
How does James develop his business? How is Jame's drive for success passed on to his family members?
This section contains 1,323 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)