|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two cities did Jamie stop at to raise money for the ticket to South Africa?
2. Where has Banda settled down?
3. Who are the only people in the town who will talk to Margeret?
4. What is the name of Kate's house?
5. What is Magaret dying from in this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jamie decide to marry Margaret?
2. How does Jamie's life take a turn for the worse in this section?
3. What secret does Kate hold from David during their marriage?
4. How does Jamie think they can get across the minefield?
5. How does David find new work in this section?
6. Why does Margaret send Kate to boarding school?
7. How does the prison camp affect Kate?
8. How does Jamie get Van der Merwe's diamond beach?
9. Why does think Jamie a raft will help them in their mission to steal from Van der Merwe's diamond beach in Namib Desert?
10. Describe Kate's character.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the similarities between Alexandra and Eve as twin? Why do the students think Eve is so obsessed with killing Alexandra?
Essay Topic 2
In what does the author suggest there is a attraction between James and Margaret? Why does James shy away from the attraction that he feels for Margaret? How does James' attitude for Margaret set the standards for the Blackwell's family's attitude?
Essay Topic 3
Consider the following questions:
1) Why do the students think Kate grows up into such cold person?
2) How does Kate's cold attitude affect the other family members?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)