|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Banda say he took Kate?
(a) To use her for blackmail.
(b) To sell her.
(c) To kill her.
(d) To protect her.
2. Who does Banda accuse Vander Merwe of raping?
(b) His daughter.
(d) His sister.
3. What does Jamie do when he is not traveling on business?
(a) Builds a house.
(b) Spends time with his son.
(c) Watches movies.
(d) Writes stories.
4. Where has Banda settled down?
(a) In the desert.
(b) In a township.
(c) On a farm.
(d) In the capital.
5. What country has Kate's father just arrived in?
(a) South Africa.
(b) New Zealand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event happens in 1899?
2. Where does Jamie meet the man who beats him up?
3. What does Josephine father want to transport?
4. What country is Blackwell from?
5. How does Jamie travel to Klipdrift?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jamie get beaten up in this section?
2. Why does think Jamie a raft will help them in their mission to steal from Van der Merwe's diamond beach in Namib Desert?
3. Why did Van der Merwe give Banda a job at his store?
4. What secret does Kate hold from David during their marriage?
5. What proposition does Van der Merwe make Jamie over dinner?
6. What problems does Jamie suffer on his journey to find diamonds?
7. Describe Kate's character.
8. How does Jamie think they can get across the minefield?
9. Why does Van der Merwe refuse to give Jamie what he expected?
10. How does Jamie get to Klipdrift?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)