|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language is the contract written in?
2. Where do the British take Margaret and Kate?
(c) A prison camp.
(d) A refugee camp.
3. What does Kate begin manufacturing in this section?
(c) Army uniforms.
4. Who are the only people in the town who will talk to Margeret?
(a) The younger men.
(b) The prostitutes.
(c) The police.
(d) The old women.
5. What does Jamie do when he is not traveling on business?
(a) Writes stories.
(b) Watches movies.
(c) Spends time with his son.
(d) Builds a house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jamie tell Van der Merwe got his daughter pregnant?
2. How did Van der Merwe reward Banda for saving his daughter?
3. Why does a riot break out on the diamond beach?
4. Why does Van der Merwe allow Margert to take him on tours of the town?
5. Who are the only two people at Van der Merwe's funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Van der Merwe give Banda a job at his store?
2. Why does Jamie decide to marry Margaret?
3. What secret does Kate hold from David during their marriage?
4. How does David find new work in this section?
5. How does Jamie use the guard to escape from the diamond beach?
6. Why does Jamie despise Margaret?
7. Why does Van der Merwe refuse to give Jamie what he expected?
8. How does Kate's life change after her mother's death?
9. What problems do Banda and Jamie have with their raft?
10. How does Jamie get beaten up in this section?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)