|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Kate's house?
(a) Hilltop House.
(b) Rosemary Mews.
(c) Blackwell Mansion.
(d) Cedar Hill House.
2. What sport does Jamie like to do with his son?
3. Where does Margaret take a job?
(a) The local brothel.
(b) The local saloon.
(c) The local school.
(d) The local boarding house.
4. What does Jamie call his business?
(a) TravisLee Limited.
(b) Kruger-Brent Limited.
(c) Diamond Beach.
(d) Diamond Bandits.
5. Who does Jamie spend all his freetime with?
(a) His son.
(c) David Blackwell.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Van der Merwe allow Margert to take him on tours of the town?
2. What does Kate smuggle Banda into?
3. What is Kate Blackwell celebrating in the prologue?
4. What has Jamie gone to Klipdrift to find?
5. What does Jamie suffer at the age of only 28?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jamie's life take a turn for the worse in this section?
2. How does the prison camp affect Kate?
3. Describe Kate's character.
4. How does Jamie get beaten up in this section?
5. Why does Margaret send Kate to boarding school?
6. Why does Van der Merwe make an exception of Jamie when he starts taking his daughter out into town?
7. Why does Jamie decide to marry Margaret?
8. How does Jamie use Margaret to get back at Van der Merwe?
9. Why does Van der Merwe refuse to give Jamie what he expected?
10. What problems does Jamie suffer on his journey to find diamonds?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)