|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the man the police are looking for?
2. Why does Kate say she liked Banda?
(a) He knew her father.
(b) He stood up for what he believed.
(c) He gave her money.
(d) He was always happy.
3. What is the name of Kate's father?
(a) David Klipdrift.
(b) Gideon Jones.
(c) James Blackwell.
(d) Jamie McGregor.
4. Who is kidnapped in this section?
(a) Jamie's mistress.
(d) Jamie Jr.
5. What has Banda began protesting against?
(a) Drug smuggling.
(b) Cock fighting.
(c) Diamond smuggling.
(d) Racial discrimination.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jamie suffer at the age of only 28?
2. Why does no one recognize Jamie?
3. Where does Jamie meet the man who beats him up?
4. Where do the British take Margaret and Kate?
5. Who does Kate marry at the end of this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the police want to kill Banda?
2. How does Jamie try to calm down the strikers?
3. Why does Margaret send Kate to boarding school?
4. Why does think Jamie a raft will help them in their mission to steal from Van der Merwe's diamond beach in Namib Desert?
5. How does the prison camp affect Kate?
6. How does Jamie get beaten up in this section?
7. What secret does Kate hold from David during their marriage?
8. How does Jamie get the bartender onto his side?
9. How does Jamie's life take a turn for the worse in this section?
10. How does Jamie get Van der Merwe's diamond beach?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)