|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country is Blackwell from?
2. What kind animal dies on Jamie's journey to find diamonds?
(a) A dog.
(b) A mule.
(c) A donkey.
(d) A horse.
3. What does Jamie do when he is not traveling on business?
(a) Writes stories.
(b) Watches movies.
(c) Spends time with his son.
(d) Builds a house.
4. What attacks James as he crosses the minefield?
(a) A dog.
(b) A cat.
(c) An eagle.
(d) A vulture.
5. Who does the store owner's daughter suggest Jamie talks to about finding diamonds?
(a) The witch doctor.
(b) The mayor.
(c) Her father.
(d) The judge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jamie meet the man who beats him up?
2. How did Merwe's sister die?
3. What has Jamie gone to Klipdrift to find?
4. Where is Margaret forced to send Kate?
5. Why does Margaret like the name Kate?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does David find new work in this section?
2. How does Jamie get to Klipdrift?
3. Why does Kate help Banda escape?
4. Describe Kate's character.
5. How does Kate's life change after her mother's death?
6. What proposition does Van der Merwe make Jamie over dinner?
7. Why do the police want to kill Banda?
8. How does the prison camp affect Kate?
9. Why does Van der Merwe make an exception of Jamie when he starts taking his daughter out into town?
10. What problems do Banda and Jamie have with their raft?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)