|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Margaret like the name Kate?
(a) It is an elegant name.
(b) It is a strong name.
(c) It is a normal name.
(d) It a pretty name.
2. What has Jamie gone to Klipdrift to find?
3. What is the name of Van der Merwe's daughter?
4. Where do the British take Margaret and Kate?
(b) A prison camp.
(c) A refugee camp.
5. Who are the police looking for in this section?
(a) A gangster.
(b) A conman.
(c) A thief.
(d) A murderer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Margeret have for Jamie in this section?
2. Where has Banda settled down?
3. Where does Jamie return to in this section?
4. What is the first city in South Africa Jamie visits?
5. Who falls into financial trouble in this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jamie despise Margaret?
2. What secret does Kate hold from David during their marriage?
3. Why did Van der Merwe give Banda a job at his store?
4. How does Jamie get the bartender onto his side?
5. How does the prison camp affect Kate?
6. How does Jamie try to calm down the strikers?
7. Describe Kate's character.
8. Why does Kate help Banda escape?
9. How does Jamie use the guard to escape from the diamond beach?
10. What problems do Banda and Jamie have with their raft?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)