|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jamie buy with the diamonds he finds?
(a) A horse and carriage.
(b) A truck.
(c) A train.
(d) A pod racer.
2. Who does Jamie first tell the truth about his identity?
(a) Van der Merwe.
(b) The bartender.
3. Who does Jamie name his business after?
(a) His father's business.
(b) The guards on the diamond beach.
(c) His old dog.
(d) His mother's family name.
4. Why does no one recognize Jamie?
(a) He has grown a beard.
(b) He has new clothes.
(c) His hair has turned white.
(d) He has lost his hair.
5. Who does Jamie meet at the general store?
(a) The shop owner's wife.
(b) A diamond smuggler.
(c) The store owner's daughter.
(d) A diamond businessman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Jamie and Banda ask for a job?
2. Who does Kate marry at the end of this section?
3. What does Jamie suggest they use to travel over the reefs in Namib Desert?
4. What does Jamie do when Margaret refuses to give up her child?
5. Why does a riot break out on the diamond beach?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Jamie's marriage to Margaret.
2. How does Jamie get beaten up in this section?
3. How does Kate's life change after her mother's death?
4. How does Eve kill George in this section?
5. How does Tony get away from business school?
6. Why does Jamie despise Margaret?
7. How does Jamie get Van der Merwe's diamond beach?
8. Why does Jamie decide to marry Margaret?
9. Why does Van der Merwe make an exception of Jamie when he starts taking his daughter out into town?
10. Why does no one recognize Jamie when he returns to Klipdrift?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)