|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jamie mistake his wife for in this section?
(a) His sister.
(b) His first girlfriend.
(c) His mistress.
(d) His mother.
2. Where has Banda settled down?
(a) In the capital.
(b) In a township.
(c) In the desert.
(d) On a farm.
3. Why does Margaret like the name Kate?
(a) It is a strong name.
(b) It a pretty name.
(c) It is an elegant name.
(d) It is a normal name.
4. Who does Banda accuse Vander Merwe of raping?
(b) His daughter.
(c) His sister.
5. What does the bartender tell Jamie Van der Merwe owns?
(a) South Africa.
(b) The town.
(c) The slave trade.
(d) All the diamond mines.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jamie send to help Banda?
2. Who does Banda accuse the government of killing?
3. Why does no one recognize Jamie?
4. How does Jamie travel to Klipdrift?
5. Who takes care of Jamie after he suffers a stroke?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems does Jamie suffer on his journey to find diamonds?
2. Why does think Jamie a raft will help them in their mission to steal from Van der Merwe's diamond beach in Namib Desert?
3. How does Kate's life change after her mother's death?
4. What problems do Banda and Jamie have with their raft?
5. Why does Kate help Banda escape?
6. Describe Jamie's marriage to Margaret.
7. Why do the police want to kill Banda?
8. Why does Banda dislike Van der Merwe?
9. How does Jamie get beaten up in this section?
10. How does Jamie get to Klipdrift?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)