|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Van der Merwe react when Jamie tells him his daughter is pregnant?
(a) He kicks her out of the house.
(b) He kills her.
(c) He lets his dogs loose on Jamie.
(d) He beats her up.
2. What language is the contract written in?
3. What news does Margaret have for Jamie in this section?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She wants a divorce.
(c) She wants to move to England.
(d) She has inherited money.
4. Who are the only people in the town who will talk to Margeret?
(a) The police.
(b) The prostitutes.
(c) The younger men.
(d) The old women.
5. Who takes care of Jamie after he suffers a stroke?
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Banda began protesting against?
2. What city does Banda take Jamie to too heal?
3. Where is Kate working at the beginning of this section?
4. Where do the British take Margaret and Kate?
5. What does Kate smuggle Banda into?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Kate help Banda escape?
2. What secret does Kate hold from David during their marriage?
3. How does David find new work in this section?
4. How does the Boer War affect Margaret and Kate's lives?
5. What proposition does Van der Merwe make Jamie over dinner?
6. Describe Kate's character.
7. Why did Van der Merwe give Banda a job at his store?
8. What problems does Jamie suffer on his journey to find diamonds?
9. Why do the police want to kill Banda?
10. Why does Margaret send Kate to boarding school?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)