|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two cities did Jamie stop at to raise money for the ticket to South Africa?
(a) Cardiff and New York.
(b) London and Edinburgh.
(c) Cape Town and Johanesburg.
(d) Liverpool and Glasgow.
2. How does Jamie travel to Klipdrift?
(a) He catches a taxi.
(b) He flies.
(c) On the back of a mailwagon.
(d) He hitchhikes.
3. What does Jamie suffer at the age of only 28?
(a) An asthma attack.
(b) A seizure.
(c) A stroke.
(d) A heart attack.
4. Where is Margaret forced to send Kate?
(b) Correction school.
(c) Boarding school.
5. Where does Jamie eat his dinner in this section?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A saloon.
(c) A cafe.
(d) A hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Van der Merwe allow Margert to take him on tours of the town?
2. What attacks James as he crosses the minefield?
3. Who does Jamie first tell the truth about his identity?
4. What is the first city in South Africa Jamie visits?
5. Who does Banda accuse Vander Merwe of raping?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jamie think they can get across the minefield?
2. How does the Boer War affect Margaret and Kate's lives?
3. Why do the police want to kill Banda?
4. Why does Banda dislike Van der Merwe?
5. Why does Jamie decide to marry Margaret?
6. How does Jamie use Margaret to get back at Van der Merwe?
7. How does the prison camp affect Kate?
8. Why does no one recognize Jamie when he returns to Klipdrift?
9. How does Jamie get Van der Merwe's diamond beach?
10. What problems do Banda and Jamie have with their raft?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)