|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does no one recognize Jamie?
(a) He has lost his hair.
(b) His hair has turned white.
(c) He has grown a beard.
(d) He has new clothes.
2. Where is Margaret forced to send Kate?
(a) Correction school.
(c) Boarding school.
3. Who are the police looking for in this section?
(a) A conman.
(b) A thief.
(c) A gangster.
(d) A murderer.
4. What attacks James as he crosses the minefield?
(a) A vulture.
(b) A dog.
(c) A cat.
(d) An eagle.
5. What does Jamie do when he is not traveling on business?
(a) Watches movies.
(b) Spends time with his son.
(c) Builds a house.
(d) Writes stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jamie send to help Banda?
2. What does Kate smuggle Banda into?
3. Who does Jamie first tell the truth about his identity?
4. Who did Banda kill?
5. Why does Margaret say she wants to die?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Banda dislike Van der Merwe?
2. What problems do Banda and Jamie have with their raft?
3. Why does Van der Merwe refuse to give Jamie what he expected?
4. Why does Margaret send Kate to boarding school?
5. How does Tony develop a relationship with Dominique?
6. How does Jamie get Van der Merwe's diamond beach?
7. Why do the adults think Alexandra is a clumsy child?
8. Describe Kate's character.
9. Why does Van der Merwe make an exception of Jamie when he starts taking his daughter out into town?
10. Why does think Jamie a raft will help them in their mission to steal from Van der Merwe's diamond beach in Namib Desert?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)