|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Banda settled down?
(a) On a farm.
(b) In a township.
(c) In the capital.
(d) In the desert.
2. How did Van der Merwe reward Banda for saving his daughter?
(a) Gave him a diamond.
(b) Bought him a house.
(c) Gave him a job.
(d) Offered him his daughter's hand.
3. What is Van der Merwe forced to put up for sale?
(a) His horses.
(b) His diamond beach.
(c) His house.
(d) His shop.
4. Who does Banda accuse the government of killing?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His son.
(c) His wife.
(d) His father.
5. What language is the contract written in?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Margaret take a job?
2. Who does Jamie meet at the general store?
3. What is the name of the man who owns the general store?
4. What is the name of Van der Merwe's daughter?
5. Who does Jamie ask to take him on tours of the town?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems does Jamie suffer on his journey to find diamonds?
2. How does the Boer War affect Margaret and Kate's lives?
3. How does David find new work in this section?
4. Why does no one recognize Jamie when he returns to Klipdrift?
5. How does Jamie think they can get across the minefield?
6. How does Jamie get Van der Merwe's diamond beach?
7. Describe Jamie's marriage to Margaret.
8. Why does Van der Merwe refuse to give Jamie what he expected?
9. How does Jamie try to calm down the strikers?
10. Why does think Jamie a raft will help them in their mission to steal from Van der Merwe's diamond beach in Namib Desert?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)