|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Margeret have for Jamie in this section?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) Her father wants her out of his house.
(c) She is in love with him.
(d) She has an STD.
2. Who rescues Jamie from the desert?
3. Where does Jamie want to steal diamonds from?
(a) Namib Desert.
(b) Klammpf Island.
(c) Buffalo Desert.
(d) Mandela Island.
4. Who does Banda accuse Vander Merwe of raping?
(a) His sister.
(b) His daughter.
5. Who does Jamie meet at the general store?
(a) A diamond businessman.
(b) The store owner's daughter.
(c) A diamond smuggler.
(d) The shop owner's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Margaret call her son?
2. What does Josephine father want to transport?
3. What does Margaret leave at Jamie's house for a week?
4. What is Magaret dying from in this section?
5. What does Jamie buy with the diamonds he finds?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Van der Merwe refuse to give Jamie what he expected?
2. Describe Kate's character.
3. Why does Margaret send Kate to boarding school?
4. How does Jamie get to Klipdrift?
5. How does Jamie use Margaret to get back at Van der Merwe?
6. Why did Van der Merwe give Banda a job at his store?
7. What problems does Jamie suffer on his journey to find diamonds?
8. How does the prison camp affect Kate?
9. How does Jamie get beaten up in this section?
10. What proposition does Van der Merwe make Jamie over dinner?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)