|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country is Blackwell from?
2. Why does David decide to enlist in the army?
(a) He has lost his job.
(b) America is under threat of attack.
(c) He enjoys fighting.
(d) America has entered the war.
3. Who does Jamie fall in love with in this chapter?
(b) His son.
(d) The bartender.
4. Who does Jamie meet at the general store?
(a) The shop owner's wife.
(b) The store owner's daughter.
(c) A diamond businessman.
(d) A diamond smuggler.
5. Who invites Jamie to dinner in this section?
(c) Van der Merwe.
(d) Ian Travis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jamie suggest they use to travel over the reefs in Namib Desert?
2. Who falls into financial trouble in this section?
3. What is Jamie training David to become?
4. What does Jamie do when he is not traveling on business?
5. Who is kidnapped in this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Van der Merwe give Banda a job at his store?
2. Why does Kate help Banda escape?
3. Why do the police want to kill Banda?
4. Why does Jamie decide to marry Margaret?
5. How does Jamie get to Klipdrift?
6. Describe Kate's character.
7. How does Jamie get the bartender onto his side?
8. How does Jamie think they can get across the minefield?
9. How does Jamie's life take a turn for the worse in this section?
10. How does the Boer War affect Margaret and Kate's lives?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)