|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man who owns the general store?
(a) Dennis Berg.
(b) Ruud Pietersen.
(c) Saloman van der Merwe.
(d) Julian Van Troost.
2. What does Jamie suggest they use to travel over the reefs in Namib Desert?
(a) Rowing boat.
(b) A yacht.
(c) A canoe.
(d) A raft.
3. Who does Jamie tell Van der Merwe got his daughter pregnant?
(b) The bartender.
(c) Ian Travis.
(d) Jamie McGregor.
4. What does Jamie buy with the diamonds he finds?
(a) A train.
(b) A horse and carriage.
(c) A pod racer.
(d) A truck.
5. What is Jamie training David to become?
(a) An accountant.
(b) A coach.
(c) A manager.
(d) A smuggler.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language is the contract written in?
2. Why does a riot break out on the diamond beach?
3. Who does Jamie ask to take him on tours of the town?
4. What does Jamie do when Margaret refuses to give up her child?
5. Who takes care of Jamie after he suffers a stroke?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems does Jamie suffer on his journey to find diamonds?
2. Describe Kate's character.
3. How does Jamie use Margaret to get back at Van der Merwe?
4. How does Jamie try to calm down the strikers?
5. Why does Van der Merwe refuse to give Jamie what he expected?
6. Why does Kate help Banda escape?
7. Why did Van der Merwe give Banda a job at his store?
8. Why does Jamie decide to marry Margaret?
9. How does Jamie think they can get across the minefield?
10. How does Jamie get Van der Merwe's diamond beach?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)