|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Margaret have for Jamie in this section?
(a) She wants to move to England.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She wants a divorce.
(d) She has inherited money.
2. Who does Jamie first tell the truth about his identity?
(c) The bartender.
(d) Van der Merwe.
3. Who rescues Jamie from the desert?
4. Why does Van der Merwe allow Margert to take him on tours of the town?
(a) His daughter obviously loves him.
(b) He thinks Jamie is harmless.
(c) He is a potential financial windfall.
(d) He thinks it is a good way to trap him.
5. What is the name of the man who owns the general store?
(a) Ruud Pietersen.
(b) Julian Van Troost.
(c) Dennis Berg.
(d) Saloman van der Merwe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kate say she liked Banda?
2. Who invites Jamie to dinner in this section?
3. Why does David decide to enlist in the army?
4. Who do Jamie and Banda ask for a job?
5. What is Magaret dying from in this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Van der Merwe make an exception of Jamie when he starts taking his daughter out into town?
2. How does Jamie use the guard to escape from the diamond beach?
3. How does Jamie get the bartender onto his side?
4. How does Keith destroy Eve's life?
5. Why does Jamie decide to marry Margaret?
6. Why does Kate help Banda escape?
7. Describe Kate's character.
8. How does David find new work in this section?
9. How does Eve convince Dr. Harley Alexandra is ill?
10. How does Jamie get beaten up in this section?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)