|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jamie first tell the truth about his identity?
(b) Van der Merwe.
(c) The bartender.
2. How does Van der Merwe react when Jamie tells him his daughter is pregnant?
(a) He kills her.
(b) He lets his dogs loose on Jamie.
(c) He beats her up.
(d) He kicks her out of the house.
3. What attacks James as he crosses the minefield?
(a) A cat.
(b) A vulture.
(c) A dog.
(d) An eagle.
4. What is Kate Blackwell celebrating in the prologue?
(c) Her anniversary.
(d) Her birthday.
5. What is the name of Kate's father?
(a) James Blackwell.
(b) Gideon Jones.
(c) David Klipdrift.
(d) Jamie McGregor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jamie name his business after?
2. What sport does Jamie like to do with his son?
3. Why does Margaret like the name Kate?
4. Who does Banda accuse the government of killing?
5. Who does Jamie ask to take him on tours of the town?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jamie despise Margaret?
2. Describe Kate's character.
3. How does Jamie get beaten up in this section?
4. What secret does Kate hold from David during their marriage?
5. Why does Margaret send Kate to boarding school?
6. What proposition does Van der Merwe make Jamie over dinner?
7. How does the Boer War affect Margaret and Kate's lives?
8. How does the prison camp affect Kate?
9. How does Jamie think they can get across the minefield?
10. How does Jamie get to Klipdrift?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)