|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Kate's father?
(a) Jamie McGregor.
(b) Gideon Jones.
(c) David Klipdrift.
(d) James Blackwell.
2. Who does Jamie send to help Banda?
(a) Ian Travis.
(b) Ben Thomas.
(c) Kevin Davies.
(d) David Blackwell.
3. Why does Margaret like the name Kate?
(a) It is an elegant name.
(b) It is a strong name.
(c) It a pretty name.
(d) It is a normal name.
4. What has Jamie gone to Klipdrift to find?
5. What is the name of Kate's house?
(a) Blackwell Mansion.
(b) Rosemary Mews.
(c) Cedar Hill House.
(d) Hilltop House.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who rescues Jamie from the desert?
2. Who does Jamie mistake his wife for in this section?
3. What does Kate smuggle Banda into?
4. What does Band not want to cross in the fog?
5. How did Merwe's sister die?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Van der Merwe refuse to give Jamie what he expected?
2. Why does Kate help Banda escape?
3. What secret does Kate hold from David during their marriage?
4. Describe Jamie's marriage to Margaret.
5. How does David find new work in this section?
6. Why does Van der Merwe make an exception of Jamie when he starts taking his daughter out into town?
7. How does Jamie think they can get across the minefield?
8. Why does no one recognize Jamie when he returns to Klipdrift?
9. What proposition does Van der Merwe make Jamie over dinner?
10. Why does Banda dislike Van der Merwe?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)