|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Jamie and Banda ask for a job?
(a) A guard.
(b) A manager.
(c) A diamond mine owner.
(d) A worker.
2. Who invites Jamie to dinner in this section?
(c) Van der Merwe.
(d) Ian Travis.
3. Who are the police looking for in this section?
(a) A gangster.
(b) A murderer.
(c) A thief.
(d) A conman.
4. How did Van der Merwe reward Banda for saving his daughter?
(a) Offered him his daughter's hand.
(b) Gave him a diamond.
(c) Bought him a house.
(d) Gave him a job.
5. Where does Margaret take a job?
(a) The local boarding house.
(b) The local brothel.
(c) The local saloon.
(d) The local school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country is Blackwell from?
2. What does Josephine father want to transport?
3. What does Margaret leave at Jamie's house for a week?
4. What is the name of Kate's house?
5. What has Jamie gone to Klipdrift to find?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Van der Merwe give Banda a job at his store?
2. How does David find new work in this section?
3. How does Kate make Kruger-Brent one of the biggest conglomerates in the world?
4. How does Jamie use the guard to escape from the diamond beach?
5. How does Jamie get beaten up in this section?
6. Why does Van der Merwe make an exception of Jamie when he starts taking his daughter out into town?
7. Why does the headmistress at the Swiss school expel Eve?
8. How does Eve create trouble at the boarding school in South Carolina?
9. Why does no one recognize Jamie when he returns to Klipdrift?
10. How does Eve kill George in this section?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)