|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jamie travel to Klipdrift?
(a) He flies.
(b) He hitchhikes.
(c) On the back of a mailwagon.
(d) He catches a taxi.
2. What has Banda began protesting against?
(a) Cock fighting.
(b) Racial discrimination.
(c) Diamond smuggling.
(d) Drug smuggling.
3. What is the name of Kate's house?
(a) Blackwell Mansion.
(b) Hilltop House.
(c) Cedar Hill House.
(d) Rosemary Mews.
4. What country is Blackwell from?
5. Who is Kate in love with?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jame tell everyone is his name?
2. Who does Jamie meet at the general store?
3. Who does Jamie spend all his freetime with?
4. What is Van der Merwe forced to put up for sale?
5. What is the first city in South Africa Jamie visits?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Kate help Banda escape?
2. Describe Kate's character.
3. How does Jamie get beaten up in this section?
4. How does Jamie get Van der Merwe's diamond beach?
5. How does Jamie's life take a turn for the worse in this section?
6. Why does Banda dislike Van der Merwe?
7. How does Jamie think they can get across the minefield?
8. How does David find new work in this section?
9. How does Jamie use the guard to escape from the diamond beach?
10. Why does Jamie decide to marry Margaret?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)