|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jamie travel to Klipdrift?
(a) He hitchhikes.
(b) He flies.
(c) On the back of a mailwagon.
(d) He catches a taxi.
2. What does Margaret name her daughter?
3. Who are the only people in the town who will talk to Margeret?
(a) The police.
(b) The younger men.
(c) The prostitutes.
(d) The old women.
4. Why does Margaret like the name Kate?
(a) It is a strong name.
(b) It is a normal name.
(c) It is an elegant name.
(d) It a pretty name.
5. What event happens in 1899?
(a) Civil Rights.
(b) The Civil War.
(d) The Boer War.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jamie return to in this section?
2. Where has Banda settled down?
3. What is the first city in South Africa Jamie visits?
4. Who do Banda and Jamie hear the guards leading to the beach?
5. What does Jamie do when Margaret refuses to give up her child?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Jamie's marriage to Margaret.
2. Why did Van der Merwe give Banda a job at his store?
3. Why does Van der Merwe refuse to give Jamie what he expected?
4. Why do the police want to kill Banda?
5. How does Jamie think they can get across the minefield?
6. Why does Jamie despise Margaret?
7. How does Jamie's life take a turn for the worse in this section?
8. Why does think Jamie a raft will help them in their mission to steal from Van der Merwe's diamond beach in Namib Desert?
9. How does Jamie use Margaret to get back at Van der Merwe?
10. What problems does Jamie suffer on his journey to find diamonds?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)