|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language is the contract written in?
2. Who does Banda accuse the government of killing?
(a) His son.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His wife.
(d) His father.
3. Who does Kate marry at the end of this section?
4. Why does Banda say he took Kate?
(a) To kill her.
(b) To protect her.
(c) To use her for blackmail.
(d) To sell her.
5. What does Jamie suffer at the age of only 28?
(a) A stroke.
(b) An asthma attack.
(c) A heart attack.
(d) A seizure.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who invites Jamie to dinner in this section?
2. Who does Jamie send to help Banda?
3. What is Jamie training David to become?
4. Who does Jamie fall in love with in this chapter?
5. What kind animal dies on Jamie's journey to find diamonds?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Kate's character.
2. Why does Van der Merwe make an exception of Jamie when he starts taking his daughter out into town?
3. Why does Van der Merwe refuse to give Jamie what he expected?
4. Why does Jamie despise Margaret?
5. How does Jamie get the bartender onto his side?
6. How does the prison camp affect Kate?
7. How does Kate's life change after her mother's death?
8. What problems does Jamie suffer on his journey to find diamonds?
9. Why does Kate help Banda escape?
10. Why does no one recognize Jamie when he returns to Klipdrift?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)