|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can Van der Merwe no longer attend now that his daughter is pregnant?
(c) Council meetings.
(d) Business meetings.
2. What does Jamie do when he is not traveling on business?
(a) Watches movies.
(b) Spends time with his son.
(c) Builds a house.
(d) Writes stories.
3. Who does Jamie send to help Banda?
(a) Kevin Davies.
(b) Ben Thomas.
(c) David Blackwell.
(d) Ian Travis.
4. Who is kidnapped in this section?
(a) Jamie Jr.
(b) Jamie's mistress.
5. Who does Banda accuse Vander Merwe of raping?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jamie want to steal diamonds from?
2. Who does Jamie tell Van der Merwe got his daughter pregnant?
3. Who is Kate in love with?
4. Who invites Jamie to dinner in this section?
5. What does Jame tell everyone is his name?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jamie get beaten up in this section?
2. Why does Van der Merwe refuse to give Jamie what he expected?
3. Why does no one recognize Jamie when he returns to Klipdrift?
4. What proposition does Van der Merwe make Jamie over dinner?
5. How does David find new work in this section?
6. Why does Jamie despise Margaret?
7. How does Jamie's life take a turn for the worse in this section?
8. How does Jamie try to calm down the strikers?
9. What secret does Kate hold from David during their marriage?
10. How does the prison camp affect Kate?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)