|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Van der Merwe forced to put up for sale?
(a) His horses.
(b) His diamond beach.
(c) His house.
(d) His shop.
2. Where has Banda settled down?
(a) In the desert.
(b) On a farm.
(c) In the capital.
(d) In a township.
3. What can Van der Merwe no longer attend now that his daughter is pregnant?
(a) Council meetings.
(b) Business meetings.
4. What is the name of Kate's house?
(a) Cedar Hill House.
(b) Hilltop House.
(c) Blackwell Mansion.
(d) Rosemary Mews.
5. Who falls into financial trouble in this section?
(d) Van der Merwe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the only two people at Van der Merwe's funeral?
2. Who are the police looking for in this section?
3. How does Van der Merwe react when Jamie tells him his daughter is pregnant?
4. Where does Jamie want to steal diamonds from?
5. What is Magaret dying from in this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jamie decide to marry Margaret?
2. How does the prison camp affect Kate?
3. Why does Banda dislike Van der Merwe?
4. How does Jamie get to Klipdrift?
5. Why did Van der Merwe give Banda a job at his store?
6. How does Jamie get Van der Merwe's diamond beach?
7. How does Jamie use the guard to escape from the diamond beach?
8. What problems does Jamie suffer on his journey to find diamonds?
9. What proposition does Van der Merwe make Jamie over dinner?
10. Why does Kate help Banda escape?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)