|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the only two people at Van der Merwe's funeral?
(a) The bartender and Jamie.
(b) The bartender and Bandy.
(c) Jamie and Margeret.
(d) Margeret and Bandy.
2. How does Van der Merwe react when Jamie tells him his daughter is pregnant?
(a) He beats her up.
(b) He kicks her out of the house.
(c) He lets his dogs loose on Jamie.
(d) He kills her.
3. What does Margaret name her daughter?
4. What does Kate study when she returns to South Africa?
5. Why does Margaret say she wants to die?
(a) She is tired of life.
(b) Heaven is a great place.
(c) She wants to meet God.
(d) She will be with Jamie again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kate buy in Dark Harbor Maine?
2. Why does Banda say he took Kate?
3. Where does Margaret take a job?
4. What is Van der Merwe forced to put up for sale?
5. What is the name of Van der Merwe's daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jamie get the bartender onto his side?
2. How does Kate's life change after her mother's death?
3. Why did Van der Merwe give Banda a job at his store?
4. What problems do Banda and Jamie have with their raft?
5. Why does Jamie despise Margaret?
6. How does David find new work in this section?
7. Why does Margaret send Kate to boarding school?
8. How does Jamie get Van der Merwe's diamond beach?
9. What problems does Jamie suffer on his journey to find diamonds?
10. Why does Jamie decide to marry Margaret?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)