|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Margaret leave at Jamie's house for a week?
(a) Her horse.
(b) Her possessions.
(c) Her baby.
(d) Her dog.
2. Who does Jamie send to help Banda?
(a) Ian Travis.
(b) David Blackwell.
(c) Kevin Davies.
(d) Ben Thomas.
3. What is the name of Kate's house?
(a) Cedar Hill House.
(b) Blackwell Mansion.
(c) Hilltop House.
(d) Rosemary Mews.
4. Who are the police looking for in this section?
(a) A murderer.
(b) A gangster.
(c) A conman.
(d) A thief.
5. Where does Jamie eat his dinner in this section?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A saloon.
(d) A cafe.
6. Who does Banda accuse the government of killing?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His wife.
(c) His son.
(d) His father.
7. How does Jamie travel to Klipdrift?
(a) On the back of a mailwagon.
(b) He hitchhikes.
(c) He flies.
(d) He catches a taxi.
8. Why does Margaret say she wants to die?
(a) She wants to meet God.
(b) Heaven is a great place.
(c) She will be with Jamie again.
(d) She is tired of life.
9. Who does Jamie name his business after?
(a) The guards on the diamond beach.
(b) His mother's family name.
(c) His old dog.
(d) His father's business.
10. What does Jamie suggest they use to travel over the reefs in Namib Desert?
(a) Rowing boat.
(b) A canoe.
(c) A yacht.
(d) A raft.
11. Who are the only people in the town who will talk to Margeret?
(a) The prostitutes.
(b) The younger men.
(c) The police.
(d) The old women.
12. What is Jamie training David to become?
(a) A coach.
(b) A manager.
(c) A smuggler.
(d) An accountant.
13. What does Jame tell everyone is his name?
(a) Horace Tims.
(b) David Lee.
(c) Kevin Berkeley.
(d) Ian Travis.
14. What country is Blackwell from?
15. Who does Jamie ask to take him on tours of the town?
(a) Ian Travis.
(b) Van der Merwe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jamie do when he is not traveling on business?
2. What has Jamie gone to Klipdrift to find?
3. What can Van der Merwe no longer attend now that his daughter is pregnant?
4. What does Jamie call his business?
5. What sport does Jamie like to do with his son?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)