|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who rescues Jamie from the desert?
2. What country was Jamie from originally?
3. Who are the only people in the town who will talk to Margeret?
(a) The prostitutes.
(b) The old women.
(c) The police.
(d) The younger men.
4. What is the name of the man who owns the general store?
(a) Saloman van der Merwe.
(b) Dennis Berg.
(c) Ruud Pietersen.
(d) Julian Van Troost.
5. Who does Jamie tell Van der Merwe got his daughter pregnant?
(a) Jamie McGregor.
(b) Ian Travis.
(d) The bartender.
6. Why does Van der Merwe allow Margert to take him on tours of the town?
(a) He thinks it is a good way to trap him.
(b) He is a potential financial windfall.
(c) His daughter obviously loves him.
(d) He thinks Jamie is harmless.
7. Who invades Klipdrift?
8. Who takes care of Jamie after he suffers a stroke?
9. What does Margaret name her daughter?
10. What news does Margeret have for Jamie in this section?
(a) She has an STD.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) Her father wants her out of his house.
(d) She is in love with him.
11. What city does Banda take Jamie to too heal?
(c) Buffalo City.
(d) Cape Town.
12. What does Band not want to cross in the fog?
(a) The diamond field.
(b) The poppy field.
(c) The corn field.
(d) The minefield.
13. Where does Jamie return to in this section?
14. Who does Jamie ask to take him on tours of the town?
(a) Van der Merwe.
(b) Ian Travis.
15. Who does Jamie fall in love with in this chapter?
(a) The bartender.
(b) His son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who falls into financial trouble in this section?
2. Who does Jamie first tell the truth about his identity?
3. What kind animal dies on Jamie's journey to find diamonds?
4. Who does Jamie mistake his wife for in this section?
5. Where is Kate working at the beginning of this section?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)