|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jamie first tell the truth about his identity?
(b) The bartender.
(d) Van der Merwe.
2. How does Van der Merwe react when Jamie tells him his daughter is pregnant?
(a) He lets his dogs loose on Jamie.
(b) He beats her up.
(c) He kicks her out of the house.
(d) He kills her.
3. Where does Jamie meet the man who beats him up?
(a) An alleyway.
(b) A forest.
(c) A barn.
(d) A shop.
4. What does Kate begin manufacturing in this section?
(d) Army uniforms.
5. How did Van der Merwe reward Banda for saving his daughter?
(a) Bought him a house.
(b) Gave him a job.
(c) Offered him his daughter's hand.
(d) Gave him a diamond.
6. What does Jamie suggest they use to travel over the reefs in Namib Desert?
(a) Rowing boat.
(b) A canoe.
(c) A yacht.
(d) A raft.
7. What attacks James as he crosses the minefield?
(a) An eagle.
(b) A dog.
(c) A vulture.
(d) A cat.
8. What news does Margeret have for Jamie in this section?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) Her father wants her out of his house.
(c) She is in love with him.
(d) She has an STD.
9. What does Jamie suffer at the age of only 28?
(a) A seizure.
(b) A stroke.
(c) A heart attack.
(d) An asthma attack.
10. Who does Jamie meet at the general store?
(a) A diamond businessman.
(b) A diamond smuggler.
(c) The shop owner's wife.
(d) The store owner's daughter.
11. Who does the store owner's daughter suggest Jamie talks to about finding diamonds?
(a) The mayor.
(b) Her father.
(c) The witch doctor.
(d) The judge.
12. What is Kate Blackwell celebrating in the prologue?
(b) Her birthday.
(d) Her anniversary.
13. What can Van der Merwe no longer attend now that his daughter is pregnant?
(b) Business meetings.
(d) Council meetings.
14. What is the name of Van der Merwe's daughter?
15. Where is Kate working at the beginning of this section?
(a) Travs-Lee Ltd.
(d) Kruger-Brent Ltd.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does no one recognize Jamie?
2. Where does Jamie eat his dinner in this section?
3. What is Van der Merwe forced to put up for sale?
4. Who takes care of Jamie after he suffers a stroke?
5. Who invites Jamie to dinner in this section?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)