|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sport does Jamie like to do with his son?
2. What is the name of Kate's house?
(a) Cedar Hill House.
(b) Hilltop House.
(c) Rosemary Mews.
(d) Blackwell Mansion.
3. Who is the man the police are looking for?
4. Who does Banda accuse the government of killing?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His wife.
(c) His son.
(d) His father.
5. What language is the contract written in?
6. What does the bartender tell Jamie Van der Merwe owns?
(a) All the diamond mines.
(b) The slave trade.
(c) South Africa.
(d) The town.
7. What does Margaret leave at Jamie's house for a week?
(a) Her possessions.
(b) Her horse.
(c) Her baby.
(d) Her dog.
8. Why does Margaret say she wants to die?
(a) She will be with Jamie again.
(b) She is tired of life.
(c) She wants to meet God.
(d) Heaven is a great place.
9. What does Jamie suggest they use to travel over the reefs in Namib Desert?
(a) Rowing boat.
(b) A raft.
(c) A canoe.
(d) A yacht.
10. Where does Jamie return to in this section?
11. Who does Banda accuse Vander Merwe of raping?
(c) His daughter.
(d) His sister.
12. What does Kate study when she returns to South Africa?
13. What kind animal dies on Jamie's journey to find diamonds?
(a) A donkey.
(b) A dog.
(c) A mule.
(d) A horse.
14. What is Van der Merwe forced to put up for sale?
(a) His horses.
(b) His house.
(c) His diamond beach.
(d) His shop.
15. Who is Kate in love with?
Short Answer Questions
1. What city does Banda take Jamie to too heal?
2. What country has Kate's father just arrived in?
3. Why does David decide to enlist in the army?
4. What can Van der Merwe no longer attend now that his daughter is pregnant?
5. What two cities did Jamie stop at to raise money for the ticket to South Africa?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)