|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jamie meet at the general store?
(a) A diamond businessman.
(b) The store owner's daughter.
(c) The shop owner's wife.
(d) A diamond smuggler.
2. What country is Blackwell from?
3. Why does Kate say she liked Banda?
(a) He was always happy.
(b) He knew her father.
(c) He stood up for what he believed.
(d) He gave her money.
4. What is Van der Merwe forced to put up for sale?
(a) His house.
(b) His shop.
(c) His horses.
(d) His diamond beach.
5. Why does no one recognize Jamie?
(a) He has grown a beard.
(b) His hair has turned white.
(c) He has lost his hair.
(d) He has new clothes.
6. What does Van der Merwe do the day the bank takes his store?
(a) Leaves the country.
(b) Kills his daughter.
(c) Moves to Capetown.
(d) Kills himself.
7. What is the name of Van der Merwe's daughter?
8. What does Jamie call his business?
(a) TravisLee Limited.
(b) Kruger-Brent Limited.
(c) Diamond Beach.
(d) Diamond Bandits.
9. What two cities did Jamie stop at to raise money for the ticket to South Africa?
(a) Liverpool and Glasgow.
(b) Cardiff and New York.
(c) London and Edinburgh.
(d) Cape Town and Johanesburg.
10. Where do the British take Margaret and Kate?
(c) A prison camp.
(d) A refugee camp.
11. What country has Kate's father just arrived in?
(b) New Zealand.
(d) South Africa.
12. Who takes care of Jamie after he suffers a stroke?
13. What is the name of Kate's house?
(a) Cedar Hill House.
(b) Blackwell Mansion.
(c) Rosemary Mews.
(d) Hilltop House.
14. Who are the only people in the town who will talk to Margeret?
(a) The younger men.
(b) The police.
(c) The prostitutes.
(d) The old women.
15. What is Jamie training David to become?
(a) A manager.
(b) An accountant.
(c) A coach.
(d) A smuggler.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Banda began protesting against?
2. What does Margaret name her daughter?
3. Why does Margaret like the name Kate?
4. Why does Van der Merwe allow Margert to take him on tours of the town?
5. Where does Jamie want to steal diamonds from?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)