|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Banda say he took Kate?
(a) To protect her.
(b) To sell her.
(c) To use her for blackmail.
(d) To kill her.
2. What country has Kate's father just arrived in?
(a) South Africa.
(c) New Zealand.
3. What sport does Jamie like to do with his son?
4. Who does Banda accuse the government of killing?
(a) His father.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His son.
(d) His wife.
5. Who does Jamie fall in love with in this chapter?
(a) The bartender.
(d) His son.
6. What is the first city in South Africa Jamie visits?
(a) Cape Town.
7. What does Josephine father want to transport?
(d) Frozen food.
8. Who does the store owner's daughter suggest Jamie talks to about finding diamonds?
(a) Her father.
(b) The witch doctor.
(c) The mayor.
(d) The judge.
9. What country was Jamie from originally?
10. What is the name of Kate's father?
(a) James Blackwell.
(b) Jamie McGregor.
(c) David Klipdrift.
(d) Gideon Jones.
11. Why does Margaret like the name Kate?
(a) It is a normal name.
(b) It a pretty name.
(c) It is an elegant name.
(d) It is a strong name.
12. Where is Kate working at the beginning of this section?
(a) Travs-Lee Ltd.
(c) Kruger-Brent Ltd.
13. What does Jamie suffer at the age of only 28?
(a) A stroke.
(b) An asthma attack.
(c) A heart attack.
(d) A seizure.
14. What does Kate begin manufacturing in this section?
(c) Army uniforms.
15. Why does Van der Merwe allow Margert to take him on tours of the town?
(a) He thinks Jamie is harmless.
(b) His daughter obviously loves him.
(c) He is a potential financial windfall.
(d) He thinks it is a good way to trap him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jamie tell Van der Merwe got his daughter pregnant?
2. Who does Banda accuse Vander Merwe of raping?
3. What can Van der Merwe no longer attend now that his daughter is pregnant?
4. Who are the only people in the town who will talk to Margeret?
5. What does Kate smuggle Banda into?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)