|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Jamie 1883-1906: Chapters 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does a riot break out on the diamond beach?
(a) The workers wanted a holiday.
(b) The workers were not being paid enough.
(c) The overseer killed himself.
(d) The overseer was too cruel.
2. Who does Banda accuse Vander Merwe of raping?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His sister.
3. Who does Jamie meet at the general store?
(a) The store owner's daughter.
(b) A diamond businessman.
(c) A diamond smuggler.
(d) The shop owner's wife.
4. Why does Van der Merwe allow Margert to take him on tours of the town?
(a) He is a potential financial windfall.
(b) He thinks Jamie is harmless.
(c) His daughter obviously loves him.
(d) He thinks it is a good way to trap him.
5. Why does no one recognize Jamie?
(a) He has lost his hair.
(b) He has grown a beard.
(c) His hair has turned white.
(d) He has new clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sport does Jamie like to do with his son?
2. What city does Banda take Jamie to too heal?
3. Who does the store owner's daughter suggest Jamie talks to about finding diamonds?
4. What does Margaret name her daughter?
5. What has Jamie gone to Klipdrift to find?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)