|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Jamie 1883-1906: Chapters 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jamie meet at the general store?
(a) A diamond smuggler.
(b) The shop owner's wife.
(c) The store owner's daughter.
(d) A diamond businessman.
2. What does Jamie do when he is not traveling on business?
(a) Spends time with his son.
(b) Writes stories.
(c) Watches movies.
(d) Builds a house.
3. What event happens in 1899?
(a) The Civil War.
(b) Civil Rights.
(c) The Boer War.
4. Where does Jamie eat his dinner in this section?
(a) A saloon.
(b) A cafe.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A restaurant.
5. What country has Kate's father just arrived in?
(b) South Africa.
(c) New Zealand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes care of Jamie after he suffers a stroke?
2. What is the first city in South Africa Jamie visits?
3. Why does Margaret like the name Kate?
4. Where does Margaret take a job?
5. Who does Jamie name his business after?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)