Prologue, Kate 1982 and Book One, Jamie 1883-1906: Chapters 1-3
1. What is Kate Blackwell celebrating in the prologue?
(c) Her anniversary.
(d) Her birthday.
2. What is the name of Kate's house?
(a) Rosemary Mews.
(b) Cedar Hill House.
(c) Blackwell Mansion.
(d) Hilltop House.
3. What is the name of Kate's father?
(a) Gideon Jones.
(b) James Blackwell.
(c) David Klipdrift.
(d) Jamie McGregor.
4. What country has Kate's father just arrived in?
(a) New Zealand.
(d) South Africa.
5. What country was Jamie from originally?
6. What two cities did Jamie stop at to raise money for the ticket to South Africa?
(a) Liverpool and Glasgow.
(b) Cape Town and Johanesburg.
(c) Cardiff and New York.
(d) London and Edinburgh.
7. What is the first city in South Africa Jamie visits?
(b) Cape Town.
8. How does Jamie travel to Klipdrift?
(a) He flies.
(b) On the back of a mailwagon.
(c) He hitchhikes.
(d) He catches a taxi.
9. What has Jamie gone to Klipdrift to find?
This section contains 3,402 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)