|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the mountain the group is two miles from?
2. Whose relationship do Potter and Jones talk about the next day?
3. What poem does Dr. Potter talk about during the group's march?
4. What name did the soldier use to answer to?
5. What does George instruct Potter to buy for Myrtle?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dr. Potter think that heterosexuality is important?
2. How does Jones help the photographer balance his photograph?
3. How does Potter suffer in this chapter?
4. Describe Dr. Potter's hallucination.
5. Why has Pompey come to Constantinople?
6. Why does Dr. Potter think Myrtle is an interesting subject as far as fate is concerned?
7. Summarize the fifth chapter.
8. How does George die?
9. Why did George not meet Myrtle?
10. What do Myrtle and Mrs. Yardley experience on their pony ride?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Turkish and British culture.
1. What are the differences between the two cultures?
2. In what way have the two cultures influenced each other?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the values of the 1850s.
1. In what ways are the characters a product of their time?
2. How does the play express the changes European society was going through at the time?
3. Does modern society share any values with 1850s Europe?
Essay Topic 3
Choose two of the following people and outline their influence on Myrtle's life:
2. Mrs. Hardy
4. Pompey Jones
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)