|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks to speak to George when he gets back from the operation?
2. Where do Georgie and the duck boy put Mr. Hardy's body?
3. Where does Pompey have to accompany Master George?
4. What does Jones describe as a gloomy edifice?
5. How does the ape ruin George's last picture?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author express Myrtle's role as an outsider?
2. Describe Myrtle's early life.
3. Why does Pompey say he almost pities George?
4. How does the Hardy family like society to see it?
5. How does Pompey help George and Rimmer in this chapter?
6. What does Pompey think about the success of the operation on the ape?
7. How does Pompey defend himself when the footman questions why Pompey wants to be more than a servant?
8. How do Rimmer, George and Pompey get the ape to turn around so they can take its photograph?
9. What is the situation when George, Myrtle and Dr. Potter arrive in Varna?
10. Summarize the third chapter.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose two of the following people and outline their influence on Myrtle's life:
2. Mrs. Hardy
4. Pompey Jones
Essay Topic 2
Examine the books reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
Essay Topic 3
What problems does George's generation face? How are the problems for George's generation different from the problems his father's generation faced? Identify and discuss a significant problems facing your generation.
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)