|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jones bring over to be part of the photograph?
(b) The boy drummer.
(c) St. Claire.
2. What does Jones say Myrtle is circling around like?
(a) A plane.
(b) A coin.
(c) A top.
(d) A bird.
3. Why do Mrs. Yardley and the Colonel have to bring their own food when they have dinner with Myrtle and George?
(a) Mrs. Yardley is a vegetarian.
(b) Myrtle is a vegetarian.
(c) Rations are low.
(d) George has no cooking facilites.
4. What is Beatrice wearing in Dr. Potter's vision?
(a) A nightgown.
(b) A wedding dress.
(c) A ball gown.
5. What does Jones soak the cloth in before he holds it over the twelve-year-old's face?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Pompey Jones meet the photographer he now works for?
2. What was the picture of that Jones removed from the Hardy's house?
3. What does Myrtle tell Potter she does not regret?
4. What does the Russian use to kill George?
5. What does Dr. Potts dream of walking through back in England?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the group members keep their minds away from the hardships they witness and experience in Varna?
2. Why has Pompey come to Constantinople?
3. How does the man with the missing ear die?
4. Why does Dr. Potter say Myrtle could be taken for a boy?
5. Why did George not meet Myrtle?
6. How does Jones help the photographer balance his photograph?
7. How does Myrtle respond to George's death?
8. What is Dr. Potter's opinion of Pompey Jones?
9. Summarize the fourth chapter.
10. How does Pompey say he tricked the woman to whom he gave the duck?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)