|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the ship land on the fourteenth of the month?
(a) Crimea Bay.
(b) Varna Bay.
(c) Kalamita Bay.
(d) Sebastapol Bay.
2. What kind of children is Myrtle looking after?
(a) Ill children.
(b) Abused children.
(c) Orphaned children.
(d) Officer's children.
3. How does a French soldier shock Dr. Potter?
(a) He kisses him.
(b) He swears.
(c) He touches Beatrice.
(d) He bares himself.
4. Which nationality did Dr. Potter think the French were always more civilized than?
(a) The Turkish.
(b) The Germans.
(c) The French.
(d) The English.
5. Where did Jones meet George after he was barred from the Hardys' house?
(a) The Regal Hotel.
(b) The Izmir Hotel.
(c) The Washington Hotel.
(d) The Star Hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jones say he would do if officers told him to?
2. Why does Myrtle think they should be talking about Dr. Potter and not her?
3. What is the name of the ballad that has a profound effect on George?
4. What kind of accent causes Potter to think about his childhood?
5. What kind of flowers does Dr. Potter imagine Beatrice is showing him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Dr. Potter's opinion of Pompey Jones?
2. Why does Jones think that an angel is watching over Potter?
3. How does George die?
4. Describe the group's sea journey.
5. How does Jones help the photographer balance his photograph?
6. Summarize the fifth chapter.
7. How do the group members keep their minds away from the hardships they witness and experience in Varna?
8. Why does Dr. Potter think Myrtle is an interesting subject as far as fate is concerned?
9. How does Potter ruin the dinner with the captains?
10. What reason does Dr. Potter give Myrtle for marrying Beatrice?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)