|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Potter say he found overturned by the lake?
(a) A boat.
(b) A car.
(c) A wagon.
(d) A train carriage.
2. What rounds up the sheep and takes them away?
3. What does Myrtle tell Potter she does not regret?
(a) Staying in Turkey.
(b) Leaving the orphanage.
(c) Becoming a lady.
(d) Having a relationship with George.
4. Who does George find out was killed from a head wound?
(a) Captain Jerome.
(b) Pompey Jones.
(c) Captain Frampton.
(d) William Rimmer.
5. What does Jones describe his recent photographs as?
(c) Hack work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the ship land on the fourteenth of the month?
2. Why is George angry on the boat home?
3. What kind of footwear does Myrtle wear?
4. What does Jones say he would do if officers told him to?
5. Why does Jones have to shoot the horse?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dr. Potter think Myrtle is an interesting subject as far as fate is concerned?
2. Why do the soldiers set up camp above the Tchernaya valley?
3. How does Jones help the photographer balance his photograph?
4. Summarize the fifth chapter.
5. Why did George not meet Myrtle?
6. What do Myrtle and Mrs. Yardley experience on their pony ride?
7. How do the group members keep their minds away from the hardships they witness and experience in Varna?
8. How does Pompey prove he is in love with Myrtle?
9. Why does Jones describe himself as a circus animal?
10. How does Myrtle react to Jones' sexual advances?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)