|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the group come to after 25 miles of marching?
2. Where does the soldier shoot himself to get out of fighting?
(a) His foot.
(b) His shoulder.
(c) His thigh.
(d) His hand.
3. Who does Potter dream about at dinner?
(b) Mrs. Hardy.
4. Where are the officers from who accost Dr. Potter in his tent?
5. Who is sleeping beside George in the medical tent?
(a) Mrs. Yardley.
(b) Pompey Jones.
(d) Dr. Potter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Myrtle think they should be talking about Dr. Potter and not her?
2. Who does the photographer tell Jones he wants to take a photograph of?
3. Why does Pompey say he gave back the lady's duck?
4. What does Potter think the camera is incapable of exposing?
5. Who does Potter say deserves the punishment of the gods?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Potter suffer in this chapter?
2. What does Myrtle do with her two oranges?
3. How does Myrtle react to Jones' sexual advances?
4. How does George react to Myrtle's sexual advances?
5. How does Pompey say he tricked the woman to whom he gave the duck?
6. Why does Dr. Potter think that heterosexuality is important?
7. Explain the author's use of foreshadowing in the discussion about survival between Potter and Jones.
8. Why does Dr. Potter think Myrtle is an interesting subject as far as fate is concerned?
9. How does Jones help the photographer balance his photograph?
10. How does the man with the missing ear die?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)