|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Mrs. Yardley and the Colonel have to bring their own food when they have dinner with Myrtle and George?
(a) George has no cooking facilites.
(b) Rations are low.
(c) Mrs. Yardley is a vegetarian.
(d) Myrtle is a vegetarian.
2. Who entertains the group in the second act of the concert troup's performance?
(a) A clown.
(b) A juggler.
(c) A sword swallower.
(d) A fire-eater.
3. What does Pompey Jones tell Myrtle that he knows about?
(a) Myrtle's schooling.
(b) George's children.
(c) George's dark secrets.
(d) Myrtle's real parents.
4. What kind of animal is Jones forced to shoot?
(a) A sheep.
(b) A dog.
(c) A horse.
(d) A pig.
5. What does Dr. Potter say he found overturned by the lake?
(a) A boat.
(b) A car.
(c) A wagon.
(d) A train carriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Frampton's rank in the army?
2. Where does the group come to after 25 miles of marching?
3. What does George say St. Claire die of?
4. What rounds up the sheep and takes them away?
5. Why is George angry on the boat home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Myrtle respond to George's death?
2. Why did George not meet Myrtle?
3. What do Myrtle and Mrs. Yardley experience on their pony ride?
4. Why does Dr. Potter think that heterosexuality is important?
5. How does Pompey prove he is in love with Myrtle?
6. Why does Jones describe himself as a circus animal?
7. Describe the group's sea journey.
8. Why do the soldiers set up camp above the Tchernaya valley?
9. How does Jones help the photographer balance his photograph?
10. What does Jones tell Potter he wants from life?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)