|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does George instruct Potter to buy for Myrtle?
(a) A pony.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A puppy.
(d) A horse.
2. What instrument does the twelve-year-old boy play?
3. What is the name of George's superior?
(a) Dr. Lotts.
(b) Dr. Regal.
(c) Dr. Viion.
(d) Dr. Hall.
4. Who does Dr. Potts say George should never have confided in?
(c) Mrs. Yardley.
5. Who does Myrtle ride in the countryside with?
(b) Mrs. Yardley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jones say he thinks he hears George calling him as he dies?
2. What does Dr. Potts dream of walking through back in England?
3. Who does Jones keep a photograph of?
4. Who does the photographer tell Jones he wants to take a photograph of?
5. What does Pompey Jones tell Myrtle that he knows about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jones think that an angel is watching over Potter?
2. Why has Pompey come to Constantinople?
3. What reason does Dr. Potter give Myrtle for marrying Beatrice?
4. What do Myrtle and Mrs. Yardley experience on their pony ride?
5. What does Myrtle do with her two oranges?
6. How does Myrtle react to Jones' sexual advances?
7. How do the group members keep their minds away from the hardships they witness and experience in Varna?
8. Describe Dr. Potter's hallucination.
9. How does the man with the missing ear die?
10. Why do the soldiers set up camp above the Tchernaya valley?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)