|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jones say he would do if officers told him to?
(a) Kill himself.
(b) Jump through a hoop.
(c) Kill George.
(d) Swim the ocean.
2. What does Jones say he has become?
(a) A circus animal.
(b) A human shield.
(c) A robot.
(d) A killing machine.
3. What does Pompey Jones tell Myrtle that he knows about?
(a) Myrtle's schooling.
(b) George's dark secrets.
(c) Myrtle's real parents.
(d) George's children.
4. What does Myrtle tell Potter she does not regret?
(a) Having a relationship with George.
(b) Leaving the orphanage.
(c) Staying in Turkey.
(d) Becoming a lady.
5. What is the soldier's real name?
(a) Anthony Pearson.
(b) Frank Gallson.
(c) John Gordon.
(d) Harry St. Clair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Myrtle run to after she sees George with Pompey?
2. Why does Myrtle think George rejected her?
3. Who narrates the fifth chapter?
4. What do the French believe Dr. Potter's tent is?
5. What fruit does Potter say saved his and Myrtle's life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Myrtle and Mrs. Yardley experience on their pony ride?
2. How do the group members keep their minds away from the hardships they witness and experience in Varna?
3. Why does Jones think that an angel is watching over Potter?
4. How does George die?
5. How does Potter ruin the dinner with the captains?
6. Why does Dr. Potter think that heterosexuality is important?
7. Summarize the fourth chapter.
8. How does Myrtle respond to George's death?
9. How does the man with the missing ear die?
10. Why does Dr. Potter say Myrtle could be taken for a boy?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)