|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the hermit's men drown?
(a) Cape Cod.
(b) Cape Malea.
(c) Cape Farley.
(d) Cape Fear.
2. What is the name of the hospital where Georgie has been appointed?
(a) The Regal Hospial.
(b) The Military Hospital.
(c) The Barrack Hospital.
(d) The Christian Hospital.
3. What country did Pompey's father not return from?
4. What is Tuckett's army rank?
5. What kind of event has Master Georgie been invited to?
(a) A dinner party.
(b) A fancy dress ball.
(c) A tea party.
(d) A charity ball.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dr. Potter tell Beatrice a story about?
2. Which company is Mr. Naughton the representative of?
3. Who asks Pompey Jones to work for him?
4. What kind of animal does a kind boy hand back to a woman at the show?
5. What country does Mrs. Yardley come from?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author express Myrtle's role as an outsider?
2. How does Mr. Naughton react when he sees who he thinks is Myrtle's fiance with another woman?
3. What is Myrtle's life like with the Hardy family?
4. How does Pompey help George and Rimmer in this chapter?
5. What does Pompey think about the success of the operation on the ape?
6. How does Myrtle show herself as both mentally and physically strong?
7. Summarize the second chapter.
8. Why does the group travel to Constantinople?
9. What does the group experience aboard the boat?
10. In what way does Pompey have a hold on George?
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)