|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the group have to shoot a horse?
(a) It has been attacked by a lion.
(b) It has eaten all the supplies.
(c) It has broken its leg.
(d) It is pregnant.
2. What does the doctor tell Pompey that Annie lost?
(a) Her diamonds.
(b) Her baby.
(c) Her wits.
(d) Her money.
3. How does the ape ruin George's last picture?
(a) It vomits.
(b) It cries out.
(c) It beats its chest.
(d) It stamps its feet.
4. What is is in the third floor room of the building Georgie enters?
(a) A priest.
(b) A dead man.
(c) A dead woman.
(d) A dying child.
5. What does Pompey assist Georgie with?
(a) Buying clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the hermit live?
2. Who does Mr. Naughton tell about his feelings for Myrtle?
3. Which character did Dr. Potter advise not to come on the journey?
4. How does Rimmer try to get the ape to turn around?
5. In which country is Constantinople the capital city?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does Pompey have a hold on George?
2. Why does Pompey say he almost pities George?
3. How has the Hardy family changed four years later?
4. How does the Hardy family like society to see it?
5. What is the situation when George, Myrtle and Dr. Potter arrive in Varna?
6. How does the author express Myrtle's role as an outsider?
7. How does Jones create havoc in the household?
8. What does the group experience aboard the boat?
9. How does Myrtle show herself as both mentally and physically strong?
10. Summarize the second chapter.
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)