|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Dr. Potter and Mr. Naughton argue about?
(a) The soccer.
(c) The war.
(d) Liverpool dockers.
2. Who does Dr. Potter tell Beatrice a story about?
(a) A monk.
(b) A hermit.
(c) A potter.
(d) A baker.
3. What does Georgie think the war will enable him to do?
(a) Something reponsible.
(b) Something healthy.
(c) Something useful.
(d) Something patriotic.
4. Which member of the family does Myrtle become devoted to?
(c) Mrs. Hardy.
5. What is the Sweet Waters of Europe?
(a) A Turkish hotel.
(b) A Turkish baths.
(c) A Turkish resort.
(d) A Turkish restaurant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jones consider George to be?
2. What kind of neighborhood is St. James Mount?
3. What does Mrs. Hardy teach Myrtle?
4. What is is in the third floor room of the building Georgie enters?
5. Where does the stable boy take Pompey?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does George stop Mr. Naughton from lavishing his affections on Myrtle?
2. What is Myrtle's life like with the Hardy family?
3. How does Mr. Naughton react when he sees who he thinks is Myrtle's fiance with another woman?
4. What does Pompey Jones think is his role in life?
5. In what way does Pompey have a hold on George?
6. How has the Hardy family changed four years later?
7. Why does the group travel to Constantinople?
8. How does George's attitude change once he is in Constantnople?
9. How does the author express Myrtle's role as an outsider?
10. How does Myrtle show herself as both mentally and physically strong?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)