|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pompey Jones switch the Persian rug with?
(a) A tiger skin rug.
(b) A silk tablecloth.
(c) A Moroccan rug.
(d) A Turkish rug.
2. What does Dr. Potter say frightened Annie out of her wits?
(a) The tiger rug.
(b) Pompey's horse.
(c) The Persian rug.
(d) Pompey's frog.
3. What does Master Georgie decide he will say his father has died of?
(b) A brain tumor.
(c) A road accident.
(d) A heart attack.
4. What country did Pompey's father not return from?
5. How did Pompey get the scar above his lip?
(a) From a knife fight.
(b) From boxing.
(c) From fire eating.
(d) From the navy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks to speak to George when he gets back from the operation?
2. What is the only thing the dead man is wearing?
3. How does Rimmer try to get the ape to turn around?
4. Which character is seasick for most of the journey?
5. In which country is Constantinople the capital city?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Myrtle's life like with the Hardy family?
2. How does Myrtle and George's relationship develop in the opening chapter?
3. Why does the group travel to Constantinople?
4. What does Pompey think about the success of the operation on the ape?
5. How does George cover up his father's death?
6. How does the Hardy family like society to see it?
7. Describe Myrtle's early life.
8. What does Pompey Jones think is his role in life?
9. Summarize the first chapter.
10. How does Pompey defend himself when the footman questions why Pompey wants to be more than a servant?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)