|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of neighborhood is St. James Mount?
(a) An upper class neighborhood.
(b) An immigrant neighborhood.
(c) A lower class neighborhood.
(d) A middle class neighborhood.
2. How does Rimmer try to get the ape to turn around?
(a) He sings to it.
(b) He whistles to it.
(c) He gives it a bannana.
(d) He slaps it.
3. Which company is Mr. Naughton the representative of?
(a) The Liverpool Board of Commerce.
(b) The Liverpool City Council.
(c) The Liverpool Football Club.
(d) The Liverpool Docker's Union.
4. What is the name of Georgie's wife?
5. How does Myrtle react to seeing the puppy torn to shreds?
(a) She shoots the dogs.
(b) She vomits.
(c) She calls the police.
(d) She faints.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the man before he became a hermit?
2. What does Myrtle say are embossed on Mr. Hardy's white toes?
3. Where has Georgie secured a post?
4. What does Pompey say the ape's eyes are as dull as?
5. What is the only thing the dead man is wearing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Pompey say he almost pities George?
2. How does George's attitude change once he is in Constantnople?
3. What does Pompey Jones think is his role in life?
4. Summarize the third chapter.
5. How does Pompey help George and Rimmer in this chapter?
6. How does George stop Mr. Naughton from lavishing his affections on Myrtle?
7. Describe Myrtle's early life.
8. In what way does Pompey have a hold on George?
9. How does Jones create havoc in the household?
10. How has the Hardy family changed four years later?
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)