|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of illness do the three doctors at Varna have?
(a) Small pox.
2. What is the only thing the dead man is wearing?
(a) A hat.
(b) A pair of pants.
(c) A shirt.
3. Who does Beatrice think is moving the furniture?
(b) Her father's ghost.
(d) The construction workers.
4. What kind of neighborhood is St. James Mount?
(a) A lower class neighborhood.
(b) An upper class neighborhood.
(c) An immigrant neighborhood.
(d) A middle class neighborhood.
5. What signals dinnertime?
(a) An alarm.
(b) A bell.
(c) A gong.
(d) A shout.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which company is Mr. Naughton the representative of?
2. Where does Pompey have to accompany Master George?
3. Who does Mr. Naughton choose to keep company with?
4. Who is Beatrice married to?
5. What is Margaret's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Myrtle and George's relationship develop in the opening chapter?
2. Summarize the third chapter.
3. Summarize the first chapter.
4. How does Myrtle show herself as both mentally and physically strong?
5. In what way does Pompey have a hold on George?
6. How does George stop Mr. Naughton from lavishing his affections on Myrtle?
7. How does Pompey defend himself when the footman questions why Pompey wants to be more than a servant?
8. Why does the group travel to Constantinople?
9. How does Jones create havoc in the household?
10. Why does Pompey say he almost pities George?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)