|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the valley the group is positioned near?
(b) Bila Hora.
2. What is the soldier's real name?
(a) Harry St. Clair.
(b) Anthony Pearson.
(c) Frank Gallson.
(d) John Gordon.
3. What is the name of the mountain the group is two miles from?
4. What were the trumpeter's last words?
(a) I will see most of you very soon.
(b) Say goodbye to my mother.
(c) Good Lordy! Another day.
(d) Is that the time already.
5. What kind of animal is Jones forced to shoot?
(a) A horse.
(b) A dog.
(c) A sheep.
(d) A pig.
6. What does Jones say he would do if officers told him to?
(a) Jump through a hoop.
(b) Kill himself.
(c) Kill George.
(d) Swim the ocean.
7. Who does Potter dream about at dinner?
(c) Mrs. Hardy.
8. Who entertains the group in the second act of the concert troup's performance?
(a) A juggler.
(b) A sword swallower.
(c) A clown.
(d) A fire-eater.
9. What does Potter tell Myrtle that he is thankful that he is not?
(a) A gentleman.
(b) An orphan.
(c) A thief.
(d) A woman.
10. What does Myrtle say she wants to do after she sees the limb?
(a) Go back.
(d) Set up tent.
11. Why do Mrs. Yardley and the Colonel have to bring their own food when they have dinner with Myrtle and George?
(a) Mrs. Yardley is a vegetarian.
(b) Rations are low.
(c) George has no cooking facilites.
(d) Myrtle is a vegetarian.
12. How does George make up to Myrtle?
(a) He finds her a husband.
(b) He takes her out for dinner.
(c) He finds her a better job.
(d) He buys her a horse.
13. What does Jones say Myrtle is circling around like?
(a) A coin.
(b) A top.
(c) A plane.
(d) A bird.
14. Where does the ship land on the fourteenth of the month?
(a) Varna Bay.
(b) Kalamita Bay.
(c) Sebastapol Bay.
(d) Crimea Bay.
15. What do Jones and Potter think will ensure their survival?
(a) Strength and love.
(b) God and fate.
(c) Courage and belief.
(d) Will power and concentration.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dr. Potts say George should never have confided in?
2. What does Dr. Potter have to pick off his leg of mutton?
3. What was the picture of that Jones removed from the Hardy's house?
4. Where does the soldier shoot himself to get out of fighting?
5. Where did Jones meet George after he was barred from the Hardys' house?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)