|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which part of the soldier's body has been blown off?
(a) His leg.
(b) His arm.
(c) His ear.
(d) His hand.
2. What did the soldier suffer from when he first got to the front?
(a) Scarlet fever.
(b) Small pox.
3. Why does Myrtle think they should be talking about Dr. Potter and not her?
(a) He is mentally unstable.
(b) He is older and wiser.
(c) He has never talked about himself.
(d) He is more interesting.
4. What rounds up the sheep and takes them away?
5. What does Dr. Potter say he found overturned by the lake?
(a) A wagon.
(b) A car.
(c) A train carriage.
(d) A boat.
6. Whose relationship do Potter and Jones talk about the next day?
(a) Jones and George's.
(b) Myrtle and George's.
(c) Myrtle and Jones's.
(d) Potter and Beatrice's.
7. What were the trumpeter's last words?
(a) I will see most of you very soon.
(b) Say goodbye to my mother.
(c) Good Lordy! Another day.
(d) Is that the time already.
8. What kind of animal is Jones forced to shoot?
(a) A dog.
(b) A pig.
(c) A sheep.
(d) A horse.
9. Where does the group come to after 25 miles of marching?
10. Who does Dr. Potts say George should never have confided in?
(a) Mrs. Yardley.
11. Who does Potter say deserves the punishment of the gods?
(a) The human race.
(b) The army.
12. What does Potter tell Myrtle that he is thankful that he is not?
(a) A thief.
(b) An orphan.
(c) A woman.
(d) A gentleman.
13. What does the Russian use to kill George?
(a) A cannon.
(b) A spear.
(c) A knife.
(d) A musket.
14. Who does Potter dream about at dinner?
(a) Mrs. Hardy.
15. Where does Myrtle run to after she sees George with Pompey?
(a) The river.
(b) The beach.
(c) The cave.
(d) The lake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pompey Jones tell Myrtle that he knows about?
2. What does Dr. Potter want his wife to tell him in her letter?
3. What does the photographer urge his subjects to do?
4. Where do the Tartars try to sell?
5. What does Dr. Potts dream of walking through back in England?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)