|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument does the twelve-year-old boy play?
2. What kind of footwear does Myrtle wear?
(a) Men's boots.
(b) Women's boots.
(d) High heels.
3. Where do the Tartars try to sell?
(a) Oranges and apples.
(b) Beer and goats.
(c) Water and cows.
(d) Sheep and wine.
4. How does George make up to Myrtle?
(a) He buys her a horse.
(b) He takes her out for dinner.
(c) He finds her a husband.
(d) He finds her a better job.
5. Which part of the soldier's body has been blown off?
(a) His ear.
(b) His leg.
(c) His hand.
(d) His arm.
6. Who does Jones bring over to be part of the photograph?
(a) St. Claire.
(d) The boy drummer.
7. What fruit does Potter say saved his and Myrtle's life?
(a) A banana.
(b) An orange.
(c) An apple.
(d) A pear.
8. Why does Pompey say he gave back the lady's duck?
(a) For food.
(b) For shelter.
(c) For a smile.
(d) For money.
9. What kind of animal is Jones forced to shoot?
(a) A dog.
(b) A sheep.
(c) A horse.
(d) A pig.
10. Who does Potter talk about in the hospital tent?
(b) Mr. Hardy.
11. What is the soldier's real name?
(a) Harry St. Clair.
(b) Frank Gallson.
(c) John Gordon.
(d) Anthony Pearson.
12. What kind of ceremony does Pompey photograph?
(a) A christening.
(b) A wedding.
(c) A funeral.
(d) A religious sermon.
13. What word does Dr. Potter use to describe the people singing hymns?
14. Where does Myrtle land near when she falls from her horse?
(a) An amputated limb.
(b) An amputated head.
(c) A dead puppy.
(d) A dead lion.
15. Who entertains the group in the second act of the concert troup's performance?
(a) A clown.
(b) A sword swallower.
(c) A juggler.
(d) A fire-eater.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Potter think the camera is incapable of exposing?
2. Who does Myrtle have a conversation with about Pompey Jones' character?
3. Who does Dr. Potts say George should never have confided in?
4. What does the crew do with the dead bodies on the ship?
5. What is the name of George's superior?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)