|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jones have to shoot the horse?
(a) He is hungry.
(b) Its legs are broken.
(c) It refuses to go any further.
(d) Its back is broken.
2. Who does Mrs. Yardley say is his having financial troubles?
(a) Mr. Naughton.
(b) Mr. Raven.
(c) Mr. Potter.
(d) Mrs. Hardy.
3. What does Dr. Potter say he found overturned by the lake?
(a) A car.
(b) A train carriage.
(c) A boat.
(d) A wagon.
4. What part of her body has Myrtle hurt?
(a) Her foot.
(b) Her leg.
(c) Her head.
(d) Her hand.
5. What kind of footwear does Myrtle wear?
(b) Women's boots.
(c) High heels.
(d) Men's boots.
6. What has happened to Dr. Potter's hat?
(a) It has changed shape.
(b) It has lost its rim.
(c) It has shrunken.
(d) It has a hole.
7. What were the trumpeter's last words?
(a) Good Lordy! Another day.
(b) Is that the time already.
(c) Say goodbye to my mother.
(d) I will see most of you very soon.
8. What does Jones soak the cloth in before he holds it over the twelve-year-old's face?
9. What does Potter tell Myrtle that he is thankful that he is not?
(a) A thief.
(b) An orphan.
(c) A gentleman.
(d) A woman.
10. Which nationality did Dr. Potter think the French were always more civilized than?
(a) The Turkish.
(b) The French.
(c) The Germans.
(d) The English.
11. What instrument does the twelve-year-old boy play?
12. What does Myrtle say she wants to do after she sees the limb?
(b) Set up tent.
(c) Go back.
13. What was the picture of that Jones removed from the Hardy's house?
14. Where does Myrtle run to after she sees George with Pompey?
(a) The beach.
(b) The lake.
(c) The river.
(d) The cave.
15. What do the French believe Dr. Potter's tent is?
(a) A brothel.
(b) A bar.
(c) A bathing house.
(d) A dance tent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Potter talk about in the hospital tent?
2. What did the soldier suffer from when he first got to the front?
3. Whose relationship do Potter and Jones talk about the next day?
4. Who does Jones keep a photograph of?
5. What do Mrs. Yardley and Myrtle witness giving birth at a village?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)