|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Potter talk about in the hospital tent?
(c) Mr. Hardy.
2. What has happened to Dr. Potter's hat?
(a) It has changed shape.
(b) It has a hole.
(c) It has shrunken.
(d) It has lost its rim.
3. Where does the ship land on the fourteenth of the month?
(a) Kalamita Bay.
(b) Sebastapol Bay.
(c) Crimea Bay.
(d) Varna Bay.
4. Who entertains the group in the second act of the concert troup's performance?
(a) A clown.
(b) A fire-eater.
(c) A sword swallower.
(d) A juggler.
5. Where do the Tartars try to sell?
(a) Oranges and apples.
(b) Sheep and wine.
(c) Beer and goats.
(d) Water and cows.
6. What fruit does Potter say saved his and Myrtle's life?
(a) A pear.
(b) An apple.
(c) A banana.
(d) An orange.
7. What does the photographer urge his subjects to do?
8. What is Frampton's rank in the army?
9. What does George say St. Claire die of?
(a) Shell shock and a heart attack.
(b) Loneliness and swamp fever.
(c) Fear and gangrene.
(d) Exhaustion and blood loss.
10. What does Jones describe his recent photographs as?
(c) Hack work.
11. What part of her body has Myrtle hurt?
(a) Her leg.
(b) Her hand.
(c) Her foot.
(d) Her head.
12. Who does Myrtle have a conversation with about Pompey Jones' character?
(a) The Colonel.
(b) Dr. Potter.
(c) Mrs. Yardley.
13. What does the Russian use to kill George?
(a) A cannon.
(b) A knife.
(c) A musket.
(d) A spear.
14. What rounds up the sheep and takes them away?
15. How does a French soldier shock Dr. Potter?
(a) He swears.
(b) He touches Beatrice.
(c) He bares himself.
(d) He kisses him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Mrs. Yardley and Myrtle witness giving birth at a village?
2. Who does Mrs. Yardley say is his having financial troubles?
3. What does Pompey Jones tell Myrtle that he knows about?
4. What were the trumpeter's last words?
5. What kind of woman does Jones say he will marry when he goes home to England?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)