|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the hospital where Georgie has been appointed?
(a) The Military Hospital.
(b) The Christian Hospital.
(c) The Barrack Hospital.
(d) The Regal Hospial.
2. Which company is Mr. Naughton the representative of?
(a) The Liverpool Board of Commerce.
(b) The Liverpool Football Club.
(c) The Liverpool City Council.
(d) The Liverpool Docker's Union.
3. What is the Sweet Waters of Europe?
(a) A Turkish resort.
(b) A Turkish hotel.
(c) A Turkish baths.
(d) A Turkish restaurant.
4. Who is Beatrice married to?
(a) Pompey Jones.
(b) William Rimmer.
(c) Dr. Potter.
5. What does Myrtle say are embossed on Mr. Hardy's white toes?
6. What does Jones describe as a gloomy edifice?
(a) Gale's Castle.
(b) Hardy Estate.
(c) Miller's Castle.
(d) Blundell Hall.
7. Why does the group have to shoot a horse?
(a) It has eaten all the supplies.
(b) It has been attacked by a lion.
(c) It is pregnant.
(d) It has broken its leg.
8. Where has Georgie secured a post?
9. Who sits with the dead body in the back of the van?
(d) The duck boy.
10. What does Pompey assist Georgie with?
(a) Buying clothes.
11. Which character did Dr. Potter advise not to come on the journey?
12. What does Master Georgie decide he will say his father has died of?
(a) A brain tumor.
(b) A heart attack.
(c) A road accident.
13. What is Potter's role during the operation on the ape?
(a) Holding it down.
(b) Knocking it out.
(c) Handing George the instruments.
(d) Adminstering the medication.
14. What does Pompey tell the housekeeper that Georgie cut out from a live ape?
(a) Its tongue.
(b) Its eyes.
(c) Its liver.
(d) Its Heart.
15. What does Master Georgie wrap his father's body in?
(a) A carpet.
(b) A fur coat.
(c) A white sheet.
(d) A blanket.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the war the soldiers are going to fight in?
2. Which member of the Hardy family persuaded her parents to allow Myrtle to stay?
3. What signals dinnertime?
4. Where does George accept a post after Scutari?
5. Who does Mr. Naughton tell about his feelings for Myrtle?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)