|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dr. Potter tell Beatrice a story about?
(a) A hermit.
(b) A baker.
(c) A potter.
(d) A monk.
2. What is located on Myrtle Street?
(a) An orphanage.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A work house.
(d) A steel factory.
3. Which member of the family does Myrtle become devoted to?
(a) Mrs. Hardy.
4. Where does George accept a post after Scutari?
5. What does Pompey say the ape stinks of?
(a) Old age.
6. How does Rimmer try to get the ape to turn around?
(a) He slaps it.
(b) He gives it a bannana.
(c) He whistles to it.
(d) He sings to it.
7. What is the name of the novel's twelve-year-old orphan?
8. What kind of illness do the three doctors at Varna have?
(c) Small pox.
9. What do Dr. Potter and Mr. Naughton argue about?
(a) The war.
(c) Liverpool dockers.
(d) The soccer.
10. Who narrates the second chapter?
(b) Dr. Potter.
(c) George Hardy.
(d) Pompey Jones.
11. Who does Mr. Naughton tell about his feelings for Myrtle?
(b) Dr. Potter.
12. In which kind of establishment does Georgie find his dead father?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A bar.
(c) A whorehouse.
(d) A gambling house.
13. What does Pompey tell the housekeeper that Georgie cut out from a live ape?
(a) Its tongue.
(b) Its Heart.
(c) Its eyes.
(d) Its liver.
14. What does Potter notice about George?
(a) He is a changed man.
(b) He seems arrogant.
(c) He seems distant.
(d) He is unhappy.
15. What does Master Georgie study at university?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Georgie's wife?
2. What kind of show does Myrtle watch in the park?
3. What does Pompey say the ape's eyes are as dull as?
4. Which character did Dr. Potter advise not to come on the journey?
5. Where does Pompey have to accompany Master George?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)