|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Master Georgie study at university?
2. Where does George accept a post after Scutari?
3. What is Myrtle named after?
(a) A dog,
(b) A house.
(c) A street.
(d) A novel.
4. Which character is seasick for most of the journey?
(b) Dr. Potter.
5. What part of her body did Annie break?
(a) Her arm.
(b) Her wrist.
(c) Her leg.
(d) Her back.
6. What does Potter notice about George?
(a) He is unhappy.
(b) He seems arrogant.
(c) He seems distant.
(d) He is a changed man.
7. Who narrates the third chapter?
(a) Dr. Potter.
(d) Master Georgie.
8. What subject does Myrtle excel in?
9. What is Margaret's occupation?
(a) A croupier.
(b) A waitress.
(c) A maid.
(d) A prostitute.
10. Why does the group have to shoot a horse?
(a) It has eaten all the supplies.
(b) It has broken its leg.
(c) It has been attacked by a lion.
(d) It is pregnant.
11. What is the name of Georgie's wife?
12. Who is Beatrice married to?
(b) William Rimmer.
(c) Dr. Potter.
(d) Pompey Jones.
13. Where does Pompey have to accompany Master George?
(a) Blundell Hall.
(b) Jupiter Hall.
(c) Jackson Hall.
(d) Gordon Hall.
14. How does the ape ruin George's last picture?
(a) It stamps its feet.
(b) It vomits.
(c) It cries out.
(d) It beats its chest.
15. What is located on Myrtle Street?
(a) A work house.
(b) An orphanage.
(c) A hospital.
(d) A steel factory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the steamer that the group travels in to Constantinople?
2. Which member of the family does Myrtle become devoted to?
3. How did Pompey get the scar above his lip?
4. What does George do at the palace at the end of the day?
5. What is the name of the novel's twelve-year-old orphan?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)