|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Plate 1 1846 "Girl in the Presence of Death".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What signals dinnertime?
(a) A bell.
(b) An alarm.
(c) A gong.
(d) A shout.
2. What does Mrs. Hardy teach Myrtle?
(a) How to swim.
(b) How to read.
(c) How to ride a horse.
(d) How to knit.
3. What is is in the third floor room of the building Georgie enters?
(a) A dying child.
(b) A dead man.
(c) A priest.
(d) A dead woman.
4. What does Master Georgie decide he will say his father has died of?
(a) A brain tumor.
(b) A heart attack.
(c) A road accident.
5. In which British city does the Hardy family reside?
Short Answer Questions
1. What strikes Mr. Punch's van and knocks him out of his stall?
2. Who is the narrator of the novel?
3. What is Master Georgie's hobby?
4. What does Myrtle say she didn't like about the tiger's eyes?
5. What epidemic were the authorities trying to get under control when Myrtle moved in with the Hardys?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)