|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Margarita travel after the river?
2. Who is the only person left to deal with the theater?
3. Whose apartment does Margarita destroy?
4. Who comes to the basement apartment?
5. What does Margarita request secondly?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pilate feel about Yeshua’s death?
2. Why is Niza important?
3. What happens first at the bank that surprises the accountant?
4. Who is the tax-gatherer that Woland addresses?
5. What aspects of Margarita’s appearance are particularly altered by the cream?
6. What animal’s picture adorns several of Margarita’s accoutrements?
7. What does the Master do for Pontius Pilate?
8. What did the neighbors hear during the ball?
9. How did Apt. 50 expand?
10. Who is the pig?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Woland declares himself a performer of black magic at one point. What magic is particularly dark that he performs? Is there magic that seems less dark, or even perhaps positive?
Essay Topic 2
Woland is surrounded by his three comrades. Each character represents a different aspect of his own personality; what are these? How do the characteristics manifest in the events of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Different forms of love are shown in the novel, not simply the relationship between the Master and Margarita. Who else might be said to be in love, or to love someone else? In what sense?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)