|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pilate have in common with the visitor?
(a) Their profession.
(b) They both wished Judas dead.
(d) Their love for each other.
2. Whose apartment does Margarita destroy?
3. What token does Margarita receive from Woland?
(a) A brooch.
(b) A heavy necklace.
(c) A pair of earrings.
(d) A golden horseshoe.
4. Whom does Pontius Pilate inquire after?
(d) The robbers.
5. What signals the end of the party?
(a) Margarita’s fatigue.
(b) When Woland screams.
(c) The Master’s arrival.
(d) When Woland drinks from the Baron’s skull.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Woland provide for the Master?
2. What does the doctor order from his nurse?
3. What is the weather at the beginning of Chapter 31?
4. Who does Margarita see in the river?
5. What does Matthew claim the Master has earned?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Margarita not cry as usual upon waking?
2. What happens when the whistle blows?
3. Whom does Poplosky come looking for, and whom does he find?
4. Why is the dog still with Pilate?
5. Name two of three literary works named in Chapter 28.
6. What aspects of Margarita’s appearance are particularly altered by the cream?
7. How does Pilate feel about Yeshua’s death?
8. What does the Master do for Pontius Pilate?
9. What does the cat want to do?
10. How does Arthanius perform his job?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)