|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What signal do Woland and his crew use as a goodbye?
(a) A whistle.
(b) A phrase.
(c) A call.
(d) A song.
2. When is Judas going to be paid?
(a) He has already been paid.
(b) He will not be paid.
(d) That evening.
3. What were Woland’s crew’s last actions in Moscow?
(a) To set everything right again.
(b) To make it disappear.
(c) To murder those involved in their plots.
(d) To set fire and wreak havoc.
4. What is the weather at the beginning of Chapter 25?
5. Who comes to the basement apartment?
(a) The Cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Pontius Pilate inquire after?
2. What does Margarita do at the end of the chapter?
3. What is strange about the director of the theatrical commission?
4. Why does Margarita destroy an apartment?
5. Why is the theater now chaotic?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Baron’s experience used as?
2. Name two of three literary works named in Chapter 28.
3. What animal’s picture adorns several of Margarita’s accoutrements?
4. How does Pilate feel about Yeshua’s death?
5. What did the neighbors hear during the ball?
6. What does the Master think about Azazello’s arrival?
7. Who is the tax-gatherer that Woland addresses?
8. Why is the dog still with Pilate?
9. Why does Margarita not cry as usual upon waking?
10. What aspects of Margarita’s appearance are particularly altered by the cream?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)