|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the weather at the beginning of Chapter 31?
(a) It is overcast.
(b) A storm is beginning.
(c) A rainbow is coming out.
(d) It is clear.
2. What visitor does Pilate receive at the end of the chapter?
(a) A centurion.
(b) Matthew the Levite.
(d) His dog.
3. Who has read the Master’s novel?
(a) The Doctor.
(b) The Cat.
4. Where do Koroviev and Behemoth go after the shop?
(a) To a restaurant.
(b) To another shop.
(c) To St. Petersburg.
(d) Back to Woland.
5. What does Matthew accept from Pilate?
(c) His apologies.
(d) A bed for the night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What report does Pilate receive in Chapter 26?
2. What is Margarita doing at the beginning of Chapter 27?
3. What signals the end of the party?
4. What do Woland’s gang want him to shoot?
5. What does Azazello’s cream do?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does Margarita compare herself to Matthew the Levit?
2. What does Matthew say about the Master?
3. How does the Master feel in Chapter 31?
4. What animal’s picture adorns several of Margarita’s accoutrements?
5. How does Margarita leave her husband?
6. Why does Margarita not cry as usual upon waking?
7. What is strange about the suit in Chapter 17?
8. Why is Banga important?
9. What is the Baron’s experience used as?
10. How does Arthanius perform his job?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)