|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the cat take at the first store?
2. What happens to the shop as the two cronies leave?
(a) It turns into a bank.
(b) It disappears.
(c) It is looted.
(d) It goes up in flames.
3. What number is Woland’s apartment?
4. What is strange about the director of the theatrical commission?
(a) He has been beheaded.
(b) He has no suit.
(c) His secretary is naked.
(d) He is literally an empty suit.
5. Who is Niza?
(a) A woman whom Judas finds seductive.
(b) Judas’s girlfriend.
(c) Judas’s cousin.
(d) Judas’s sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the theater now chaotic?
2. What is the weather at the beginning of Chapter 31?
3. What makes the Baron different from the other guests?
4. Why does Margarita destroy an apartment?
5. Who is the only person left to deal with the theater?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Apt. 50 expand?
2. Why is Banga important?
3. In what way does Margarita compare herself to Matthew the Levit?
4. What is the barman’s reaction to Apt. 50?
5. Why does Margarita not cry as usual upon waking?
6. What does the Master think about Azazello’s arrival?
7. What happens when the whistle blows?
8. Whom does Poplosky come looking for, and whom does he find?
9. What does Margarita do with ink and a hammer in Chapter 21?
10. What is strange about the suit in Chapter 17?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)