|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can’t Ivan do what is required of him in Chapter 8?
(a) He can.
(b) He sees that he is not normal.
(c) He is drunk.
(d) He has no proof.
2. Whom does Ivan think he hears at the end of the chapter?
(a) The doctor.
(b) A nurse.
(c) A voice from outside.
3. How does Berlioz die?
(a) Of natural causes.
(b) He is beheaded.
(c) From internal bleeding.
(d) A heart attack.
4. What upsets Ivan?
(a) Being imprisoned.
(b) The act of writing.
(c) His own mind.
(d) His friend’s death.
5. What is Bezdomny wearing when he arrives?
(a) Underwear and an icon.
(b) He is naked.
(c) A dressing gown.
(d) A three-piece suit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Stepa call?
2. How much money does Bosoi ask for the apartment?
3. What do the writers discuss in Chapter 1?
4. Why does Bosoi go to the apartment?
5. Why doesn’t the Master jump?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the meaning of the Chapter 6's title?
2. Why won’t the Master let the woman know where he is?
3. What bothers Woland about Bengalsky?
4. What elements of the story does Borsoi’s dream combine?
5. What does Woland really want to know?
6. Why does Dismas suffer more than the other prisoners?
7. Why does Bezdomny go to the apartment building?
8. Why do they get the phone call not to send the telegram?
9. Why has Borsoi been brought to the institution?
10. Who are the two Ivans?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)