|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disgusts Stepa in his apartment?
(a) The mess.
(b) The black cat.
(c) The smell.
(d) The man in the checkered suit.
2. What does Yeshua call Pontius Pilate that angers the latter?
(b) “Good man”.
3. Why does Matthew steal a knife?
(a) In an attempt to free Yeshua.
(b) In an attempt to kill Yeshua.
(c) In an attempt to kill himself.
(d) In an attempt to free himself.
4. How does Ivan write his story?
(b) In bits and pieces.
(c) He puts off writing it.
(d) By dictating it.
5. Who is in the audience in Nikanor Ivanovich’s dream?
(a) Only children.
(b) Only women.
(c) Only men.
(d) Just Woland.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Master’s novel now?
2. Why doesn’t the Master jump?
3. How does the stranger claim he can confirm his story?
4. What do the writers discuss in Chapter 1?
5. How many proofs of God are there, according to the stranger?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Woland really want to know?
2. How does Bosoi react to seeing the dollars?
3. What is the meaning of the Chapter 7's title?
4. Why is it hard to believe that Likhodeyev is in Yalta?
5. Who are the two Ivans?
6. What happened to the master’s novel?
7. Why is Bosoi’s wife’s exclamation unfortunate?
8. How does Ivan feel towards the doctor?
9. What happens to Matthew and Yeshua at the end of the chapter?
10. Why do they get the phone call not to send the telegram?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)