|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the woman carrying flowers in the Master’s story?
(a) To put on a grave.
(b) To meet him.
(c) She doesn’t know why.
(d) For decoration.
2. What did the Master primarily write about?
(a) Jesus Christ.
(b) Pontius Pilate.
(c) The Devil.
(d) Matthew the Levite.
3. How much will Professor Woland be paid?
(a) 35,000 rubles.
(b) 500 rubles.
(c) 55,000 rubles.
4. What is Griboyedov?
(a) The writer’s association headquarters.
(b) A retreat.
(c) An apartment building.
(d) A Russian city.
5. What happens to Bengalsky?
(a) He storms out in range.
(b) He goes insane.
(c) He climbs into bed.
(d) He goes to Yalta.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can’t Ivan do what is required of him in Chapter 8?
2. What is Ivan trying to write?
3. What do the writers discuss in Chapter 1?
4. What is Pontius Pilate’s position?
5. When did the stranger arrive in Moscow?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Matthew and Yeshua at the end of the chapter?
2. What is the meaning of the Chapter 6's title?
3. Why has Borsoi been brought to the institution?
4. Why won’t the Master let the woman know where he is?
5. Why is Bosoi’s wife’s exclamation unfortunate?
6. Why is it hard to believe that Likhodeyev is in Yalta?
7. How does Ivan feel towards the doctor?
8. Why does Bezdomny go to the apartment building?
9. What does Berlioz think about the stranger?
10. What is the significance of Pushkin?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)