|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Matthew do during the execution?
(a) He looks away.
(b) He takes notes.
(c) He leaves.
(d) He attempts to save Yeshua.
2. What initially pleases the audience?
(a) They receive a lot of money.
(b) The mood of the evening.
(c) They don’t believe the tricks.
(d) Woland’s appearance.
3. What happens to Yeshua before he dies?
(a) He calls for Matthew.
(b) He curses Pontius Pilate.
(c) He curses Satan.
(d) He faints.
4. Who is the stranger’s first companion?
(a) An assistant.
(b) A cat.
(c) The check-suited man.
(d) A young boy.
5. What profession does Pontius Pilate think Yeshua might belong to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Bengalsky?
2. Where do the red-headed man and cat take Varnukha?
3. Who watches the prisoners at first?
4. Whom does Ivan think he hears at the end of the chapter?
5. How much money does Bosoi ask for the apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why won’t the Master let the woman know where he is?
2. What is the significance of Pushkin?
3. What happened to the master’s novel?
4. Why doesn’t Ivan leave the hospital?
5. What elements of the story does Borsoi’s dream combine?
6. What bothers Woland about Bengalsky?
7. Why does Dismas suffer more than the other prisoners?
8. What is the meaning of the Chapter 6's title?
9. What is the meaning of the Chapter 7's title?
10. What does Berlioz think about the stranger?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)