|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Woland provide for the Master?
(c) A thousand copies of his book.
(d) A house in which to rest.
2. What is the weather at the end of Chapter 29?
(a) It is sunny.
(b) It is clear.
(c) A storm is coming.
(d) A storm has just passed.
3. What does Ivan realize, which he tells the nurse?
(a) That the Master has her keys.
(b) That he, too, will die.
(c) That the Master is with Woland.
(d) That Margarita is also dead.
4. What is the weather at the beginning of Chapter 25?
5. With whom is Woland playing?
(b) The Cat.
(c) By himself.
(d) The Master.
6. Whom does Pontius Pilate inquire after?
(d) The robbers.
7. What is Margarita doing at the beginning of Chapter 27?
(c) Finishing the book.
8. Why does Margarita destroy an apartment?
(a) Attempting to find Woland.
(b) Attempting to find something that belongs to her.
(c) It belonged to the critic who destroyed the Master’s work.
(d) To get the Master back.
9. Who comes to Moscow in Chapter 18?
(a) Berlioz’s brother.
(b) Berlioz’s uncle.
(c) Berloiz’s aunt.
(d) Berlioz’s father.
10. Why is the theater now chaotic?
(a) Everyone wants their money back.
(b) Viewers demand a repeat performance.
(c) Many main figures are missing.
(d) Woland is entertaining people there.
11. Where is Judas’s body now?
(a) At his home.
(b) Officially lost.
(c) About to be buried.
(d) Already buried.
12. Where are the Master and Margarita at the end of the chapter?
(a) At the ball.
(b) At the asylum.
(c) Back in their old apartment.
(d) In Woland’s apartment.
13. Who is Niza?
(a) Judas’s cousin.
(b) Judas’s girlfriend.
(c) Judas’s sister.
(d) A woman whom Judas finds seductive.
14. What does Pilate have in common with the visitor?
(b) Their love for each other.
(c) They both wished Judas dead.
(d) Their profession.
15. What do Woland’s gang want him to shoot?
(b) The Baron.
(c) The mantle-piece.
Short Answer Questions
1. What number is Woland’s apartment?
2. What does Margarita do at the end of the chapter?
3. What happens to the money Woland has given to people?
4. What signal do Woland and his crew use as a goodbye?
5. What happens to the shop as the two cronies leave?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)