|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the accountant go first?
(b) The writers’ commission.
(c) The train station.
(d) The theatrical commission.
2. Why is Margarita in particular needed?
(a) The host is always named Margarita.
(b) She has red hair.
(c) She is particularly magical.
(d) She is a virgin.
3. Whom does Pontius Pilate inquire after?
(d) The robbers.
4. What is Margarita hoping for in Chapter 19?
(a) To fly to Woland.
(b) To leave her husband.
(c) To become rich.
(d) To get news of the Master.
5. Why can Margarita fly out into the open air?
(a) Because she looks like someone else.
(b) Because she wants to be seen.
(c) Because she no longer cares what people think.
(d) Because she is now invisible.
6. What happens to the shop as the two cronies leave?
(a) It turns into a bank.
(b) It goes up in flames.
(c) It disappears.
(d) It is looted.
7. What does Margarita do at the end of the chapter?
(a) Calls for Azazello.
(b) Reads the Master’s book again.
(c) Argues with the Master.
(d) Thanks Woland.
8. What is the weather at the beginning of Chapter 25?
9. What form does the destruction at the end of Chapter 27 take?
10. What is Margarita doing at the beginning of Chapter 27?
(a) Finishing the book.
11. What does Margarita have to do that evening?
(a) Wait for Azazello.
(b) Jump out the window.
(c) Rub cream over her body and wait for a phone call.
(d) Fire her maid.
12. Who does Pilate tell Matthew killed Judas?
(a) Pontius Pilate.
(b) The centurions.
(c) Matthew himself.
(d) The robbers.
13. What is Behemoth’s true form?
(a) A dark demon.
(b) A white demon.
(c) A stern knight.
(d) A slim youth.
14. How do Woland’s guests appear?
(a) Through the door.
(b) Through the window.
(c) Through the chimney.
(d) Through the floor.
15. What game is Woland playing when Margarita arrives?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the Master’s body?
2. What does Matthew accept from Pilate?
3. What is Margarita’s final request?
4. What does Margarita do when she hears two women arguing?
5. Who comes to the basement apartment?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)