|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Pilate tell Matthew killed Judas?
(a) The robbers.
(b) The centurions.
(c) Matthew himself.
(d) Pontius Pilate.
2. Who is the second visitor to Berlioz’s flat in Chapter 18?
(b) The barman from the theater.
(c) The accountant from the theater.
3. What does Ivan claim he will not do in the future?
(a) Go home.
(c) See doctors.
4. What game is Woland playing when Margarita arrives?
5. What does Margarita have to do that evening?
(a) Rub cream over her body and wait for a phone call.
(b) Jump out the window.
(c) Fire her maid.
(d) Wait for Azazello.
6. Who else has used the cream?
(b) The Master.
(c) The Cat.
7. What does Margarita do when she hears two women arguing?
(a) She takes them with her.
(b) She ignores them.
(c) She scolds them.
(d) She hits them.
8. What is Azazello’s true form?
(a) A stern knight.
(b) A white demon.
(c) A dark demon.
(d) A slim youth.
9. How does Margarita bathe before the ball?
(a) In cold water.
(b) In a tub.
(c) She doesn't.
(d) In blood.
10. Who has read the Master’s novel?
(b) The Doctor.
(d) The Cat.
11. What does Margarita pass during her walk?
(a) Her old apartment.
(b) Berlioz’s funeral.
(d) Beautiful gardens.
12. Where are the Master and Margarita at the end of the chapter?
(a) Back in their old apartment.
(b) At the ball.
(c) In Woland’s apartment.
(d) At the asylum.
13. When is Judas going to be paid?
(a) He will not be paid.
(b) That evening.
(d) He has already been paid.
14. What is the weather at the beginning of Chapter 25?
15. How does Margarita travel after the river?
(a) By horse.
(b) On foot.
(c) In a flying car.
(d) On her broom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pilate have in common with the visitor?
2. What does Woland provide for the Master?
3. Where does the accountant go first?
4. What does Margarita request secondly?
5. What is Koroviev’s true form?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)