|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much will Professor Woland be paid?
(a) 35,000 rubles.
(b) 500 rubles.
(c) 55,000 rubles.
2. What does the doctor claim Ivan doesn’t have to do?
(b) Go home.
(c) Stay at the clinic.
3. Where is the last place in Chapter 4 that Bezdomny thinks he might find the stranger?
(a) By the river.
(d) In Belioz’s apartment.
4. What happens to the 400 rubles?
(a) It becomes butterflies.
(b) His wife steals it.
(c) It disappears.
(d) It turns into foreign currency.
5. Why does the doctor think Ivan will be back?
(a) He is so odd, people will send him back.
(b) He won’t be able to take his withdrawal symptoms.
(c) He has nowhere else to go.
(d) He will realize he needs help.
6. Where does the stranger say he will be staying?
(a) In Berlioz’s office.
(b) In Berlioz’s apartment.
(c) In a hotel.
(d) In a friend’s apartment.
7. What is the reason Koroviev gives for being in the apartment?
(a) They ended up there by accident.
(b) They are related to the owner.
(c) Woland doesn’t like hotels.
(d) It is their apartment.
8. What is so strange about Varnuha?
(a) He has no breath.
(b) He has no pulse.
(c) He doesn’t blink.
(d) He has no shadow.
9. What saves Rimsky?
(a) The cock crow at dawn.
(b) Berlioz’s funeral.
(c) Woland’s entrance.
(d) He is Catholic.
10. What is the problem with Ponirov’s poem?
(a) It doesn’t rhyme.
(b) He misunderstood the subject.
(c) Jesus becomes too real.
(d) His use of language is bad.
11. How old is Ivan?
12. Why can’t Ivan do what is required of him in Chapter 8?
(a) He sees that he is not normal.
(b) He can.
(c) He has no proof.
(d) He is drunk.
13. What does Matthew do during the execution?
(a) He leaves.
(b) He takes notes.
(c) He attempts to save Yeshua.
(d) He looks away.
14. Whom does Ivan think he hears at the end of the chapter?
(a) A nurse.
(b) A voice from outside.
(c) The doctor.
15. Where does Likhodeyev claim he is?
(a) St. Petersburg.
(b) At a bar.
(c) At the theater.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Boisoi hide the extra 400 rubles?
2. What do Berliotz and Ponirov drink at the Ponds?
3. What must Ivan do to be able to leave?
4. What does Yeshua call Pontius Pilate that angers the latter?
5. What was Dunhill’s punishment?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)