|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Matthew do after the execution?
(a) He immediately goes to see Pontius Pilate.
(b) He takes Yeshua’s body.
(c) He leaves alone.
(d) He buries all three bodies.
2. Where is the Master’s novel now?
(a) With the writers’ association.
(b) It has been burned.
(c) In wide circulation.
(d) Woland stole it.
3. What is the doctor’s name?
4. What does Yeshua call Pontius Pilate that angers the latter?
(a) “Good man”.
5. How many proofs of God are there, according to the stranger?
6. What does the doctor claim Ivan doesn’t have to do?
(b) Stay at the clinic.
(d) Go home.
7. Where is the last place in Chapter 4 that Bezdomny thinks he might find the stranger?
(a) By the river.
(b) In Belioz’s apartment.
8. What is Ivan trying to write?
(a) Pontius Pilate’s story.
(b) A re-telling of the Bible.
(c) An account of what happened to him.
(d) Berlioz’s biography.
9. Why is the woman carrying flowers in the Master’s story?
(a) For decoration.
(b) She doesn’t know why.
(c) To put on a grave.
(d) To meet him.
10. What must Ivan do to be able to leave?
(a) Walk in a straight line.
(b) Write a letter.
(c) Prove his story.
(d) Say he is normal.
11. What does Matthew do during the execution?
(a) He looks away.
(b) He takes notes.
(c) He attempts to save Yeshua.
(d) He leaves.
12. What languages does Yeshua speak, other than Aramaic?
(a) Six others.
(d) Greek and Latin.
13. What upsets Ivan?
(a) Being imprisoned.
(b) His friend’s death.
(c) His own mind.
(d) The act of writing.
14. How much will Professor Woland be paid?
(a) 500 rubles.
(b) 55,000 rubles.
(d) 35,000 rubles.
15. Where did the young man in Chapter 15 hide his currency?
(a) Under his bed.
(b) In a picture frame.
(c) In his WC.
(d) In his aunt’s basement.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does the stranger claim to have breakfasted with?
2. Why doesn’t the Master jump?
3. Where does Boisoi hide the extra 400 rubles?
4. What is Bezdomny wearing when he arrives?
5. Where does Rimsky go?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)