|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Matthew steal a knife?
(a) In an attempt to kill himself.
(b) In an attempt to free Yeshua.
(c) In an attempt to kill Yeshua.
(d) In an attempt to free himself.
2. Who is in the audience in Nikanor Ivanovich’s dream?
(a) Just Woland.
(b) Only children.
(c) Only women.
(d) Only men.
3. What is the last trick of the show?
(a) A trick with money.
(b) A disappearance.
(c) A card trick.
(d) A woman’s luxury shop on stage.
4. Where is the Master’s novel now?
(a) In wide circulation.
(b) With the writers’ association.
(c) It has been burned.
(d) Woland stole it.
5. Where does Likhodeyev claim he is?
(b) At a bar.
(c) At the theater.
(d) St. Petersburg.
6. What happens to Yeshua before he dies?
(a) He calls for Matthew.
(b) He curses Satan.
(c) He curses Pontius Pilate.
(d) He faints.
7. What does the doctor claim Ivan doesn’t have to do?
(c) Stay at the clinic.
(d) Go home.
8. What is different about the stranger after Berlioz’s death?
(a) His clothing has changed.
(b) He does not speak Russian.
(c) His appearance has changed.
(d) He is older.
9. What is Bezdomny wearing when he arrives?
(a) A dressing gown.
(b) A three-piece suit.
(c) He is naked.
(d) Underwear and an icon.
10. Why does Bosoi go to the apartment?
(a) To check it out for himself.
(b) He is chairman of the apartment board.
(c) To check on strange reports.
(d) Out of curiosity.
11. What initially pleases the audience?
(a) The mood of the evening.
(b) They receive a lot of money.
(c) They don’t believe the tricks.
(d) Woland’s appearance.
12. Whom does Ivan want to go see?
(b) The cat.
(d) The police.
13. How much will Professor Woland be paid?
(a) 500 rubles.
(c) 55,000 rubles.
(d) 35,000 rubles.
14. How many dachas does Massolit have?
(a) 15 with no construction.
(b) 10 with 10 being built.
(d) 22 and seven being built.
15. Who is the stranger’s second companion?
(a) A cat.
(b) The check-suited man.
(c) A young boy.
(d) An assistant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Matthew do during the execution?
2. What do the writers discuss in Chapter 1?
3. What is the reason Koroviev gives for being in the apartment?
4. How many proofs of God are there, according to the stranger?
5. Whom does Ivan think he hears at the end of the chapter?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)