|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What interrupts the breakfast of the two captains?
2. What would come before Jack's promotion?
3. Who is thrown overboard?
4. Which of the words would Jack use to describe the types of currents wafting through his crew and officers?
5. How long did it take for the first hit to occur?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the decision at the court-martial in regards to Jack and his crew?
2. What does Stephen tell Jack he must do in order to recover from the disease he got from Molly?
3. What does Jack realize he must give up after he talks with Admiral Saumarex?
4. What does Stephen warn Jack about in regards to his relationship with Molly?
5. What does Stephen believe is the cause of Tom Simmons' death?
6. What do Stephen and James discuss after dinner and why does Stephen find it pleasurable?
7. Why does Jack go back to the Crown and what does he do while he is there?
8. When they are playing, what does Jack confide in Stephen?
9. What proves to Jack and the crew the ship with the blue ensign is from England?
10. Why was the ship down to just a quarter ration for water when they arrived in Minorca?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe in detail the relationship between Dillon and Aubrey. How did this relationship affect Jack's ability to be captain? Do you think the Dillon was right in his views and beliefs? Do you think Jack's view's were justified? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How does Stephen rationalize the things he sees while aboard the Sophie? Do you think this is a valid method? Do you think he should have taken different actions? If so what actions should he have taken?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you believe the character of Dillon is resentful? Do you believe his reasons are justified? Why or why not?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)