|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack decide to do to the merchantmen by the coast?
2. When Stephen returned to Ireland after an eight-year absence what did he say he had forgotten?
3. Which of the following does Dillon believe to be Jack's biggest weakness?
4. Which of the following is a ruse de guerre?
5. Which of the following was the name of the character which was one of Stephen's patients who died in Chapter 10?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe in detail the relationship between Dillon and Aubrey. How did this relationship affect Jack's ability to be captain? Do you think the Dillon was right in his views and beliefs? Do you think Jack's view's were justified? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the antics of Stephen and the French Doctor Ramis. Do you believe this was an important relationship in the novel? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Jack as a youth as described by Lord Keith. Would he have made a good friend to you? Why or why not?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)