|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dillon afraid will corrupt his men?
2. Who takes over command of the Felipe V when it falls to the Sophie?
3. What is the name of the book written by Dr. Ramis?
4. Which of the following is a ruse de guerre?
5. What does the French doctor typically eat for breakfast?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Captain Neal stern with Jack when Jack shows up to discuss his orders with dirt and powder all over his clothes and face?
2. What does Jack do when the maintopgallantmast and foretosale fall and why?
3. What proves to Jack and the crew the ship with the blue ensign is from England?
4. Why will the dinner at Captain Harte's be awkward for Stephen?
5. Why was the ship down to just a quarter ration for water when they arrived in Minorca?
6. What is the decision at the court-martial in regards to Jack and his crew?
7. What does Jack realize he must give up after he talks with Admiral Saumarex?
8. What does Stephen see when he bends under the table to retrieve his napkin?
9. What does Stephen believe is the cause of Tom Simmons' death?
10. What does Stephen disagree with Dillon about in relation to the decision of Jack to continue to search for prize money?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At the beginning of book, Jack describes Lord Nelson. Write a description of Lord Nelson as seen through Jack's eyes. Do you believe Jack respects Lord Nelson? Why or why not? Do you respect Lord Nelson as Jack has described him? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the importance of the relationship between Molly and Jack. How does it change throughout the novel? Why do you believe the author includes this relationship?
Essay Topic 3
Evaluate the statement that Jack is a character with some ignorance and prejudice, but also has a willingness to grow. Support your evaluation with information from the text. Would anyone reading the text agree with your supposition?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)