|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What order does Captain Neal give to Stephen?
2. Which of the words would Jack use to describe the types of currents wafting through his crew and officers?
3. What must Jack do in order to recover from his serious illness?
4. Who starts to follow Jack's ship?
5. Which of the following does Dillon believe to be Jack's biggest weakness?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jack realize he must give up after he talks with Admiral Saumarex?
2. Despite his lack of knowledge about surgery, at what does Stephen excel?
3. Why is Captain Neal stern with Jack when Jack shows up to discuss his orders with dirt and powder all over his clothes and face?
4. What happens during the battle between the Sophie and the Cacafuego?
5. For Stephen, what takes precedence over the spiritual emptiness of a life in the Navy?
6. What does Stephen tell Jack he must do in order to recover from the disease he got from Molly?
7. What proves to Jack and the crew the ship with the blue ensign is from England?
8. What does Stephen warn Jack about in regards to his relationship with Molly?
9. What does Stephen see when he bends under the table to retrieve his napkin?
10. What does Jack do when the maintopgallantmast and foretosale fall and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe in detail the relationship between Dillon and Aubrey. How did this relationship affect Jack's ability to be captain? Do you think the Dillon was right in his views and beliefs? Do you think Jack's view's were justified? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe why a doctor such as Stephen would be in poverty. Do you believe Stephen, who seems well educated, should be in poverty as he is? Do you think Jack is phased by Stephen's poverty?
Essay Topic 3
How does Stephen rationalize the things he sees while aboard the Sophie? Do you think this is a valid method? Do you think he should have taken different actions? If so what actions should he have taken?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)