|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the French doctor typically eat for breakfast?
(a) Bread and honey
(b) Milkless cocoa and bread
(c) Eggs and bacon
(d) Gigantic, sumptuous breakfast
2. Where does Jack go to see Mercedes?
(a) The Crown
(b) The Govener's mansion
(c) The Amelia
3. What interrupts the breakfast of the two captains?
(d) Distress call
4. What will Ramis and Stephen be curiously examining?
(a) How a cat shows it is happy
(b) Suppression of emotions
(c) Feelings of servants
(d) How to demonstrate rage
5. Who does Jack miss?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a ruse de guerre?
2. What does Jack feel Dillon is challenging?
3. What overtakes Jack's sadness at the loss of Dillon and Ellis?
4. What order does Captain Neal give to Stephen?
5. Why could Stephen be shot?
Short Essay Questions
1. What proves to Jack and the crew the ship with the blue ensign is from England?
2. Why does Admiral Keith tell Jack that he will probably never rise to pos-captain?
3. What is the decision at the court-martial in regards to Jack and his crew?
4. What does Stephen see when he bends under the table to retrieve his napkin?
5. Why does Jack go back to the Crown and what does he do while he is there?
6. What does Jack realize he must give up after he talks with Admiral Saumarex?
7. What is Molly to Jack and of what importance is this to the novel?
8. What does Stephen disagree with Dillon about in relation to the decision of Jack to continue to search for prize money?
9. What does Jack say to help relieve Stephen's concerns about the court-martial?
10. What might happen to Stephen should the Sophie leave immediately?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)