|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jack's paramount interest?
(a) Increasing his rank
(b) Reaquainting himself with Queenie
(c) Prize money
2. What does Mr. Dillon read to the men at breakfast?
(a) The orders from the commandant
(b) Articles of War
(c) Assignments for the sailors
(d) From the Bible
3. How many gun sloops did the Sophie have?
4. Which of the following best describes Jack's behavior at the Harte's party AFTER he has too much to drink?
5. Which of the following characters was the captain of the Sophie?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the Charlotte?
2. About how far do the cannon balls fire across the ocean when fired?
3. Which of the following characters' death is included in the Sophie's log?
4. Which of the following was some of Baldick's favorite medicines?
5. What does Jack think the Moors did to make the cat ship a prize?
Short Essay Questions
1. To what is Stephen's sense of duty linked and how is this reflected by his chosen profession?
2. What transportation does Jack utilize to approach his new ship?
3. What surprise faced Jack when he went to face the Admiral and what was special about this surprise?
4. How did Jack know that the Moors had called for surrender?
5. How do the sailors feel about hearing the Articles of War read to them?
6. Where is Jack staying and why does he share this information with his neighbor?
7. What was the organization known as the United Irishmen?
8. What do the orders that the waiter brings from Captain Harte basically tell Jack?
9. What changes Jack's behavior at the party thrown by the Hartes and how does it change?
10. Why does Jack decide to proceed the pursuance of the vessel in silence?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)