|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must Jack do in order to recover from his serious illness?
(b) Nothing, it is terminal
(d) Drastic diet
2. Which of the following was Stephen unable to see on the voyage when the Sophie was near Greece and Egypt?
(a) Sea gulls
(d) Great White Shark
3. How many guns does the Caeser carry?
4. What happens to the fiddle's neck as he plays?
(a) Releases poison into his body
(c) Breaks his skin and cuts him
(d) Snaps in his hand
5. Which of the following is the best synonym for the word tome?
6. Who warns Stephen that Captain Harte might be out to get Stephen?
7. Who starts to follow Jack's ship?
(a) French squadron
(b) English squadron
(c) Spanish squadron
(d) Italian squadron
8. What is ironic about most of the seamen aboard the Sophie?
(a) They do not know how to swim.
(b) They do not like Dillon.
(c) They are afraid of Jack.
(d) They are uneducated.
9. Who preferred to be far away from the bad-smelling and noisy experience of exercising the guns?
10. What order does Captain Neal give to Stephen?
(a) To promote Dillon
(b) To make himself presentable
(c) To take on 50 prisoners
(d) To go and shower
11. To whom does Jack write to tell of the capture of the Cacafuego?
(a) Molly Harte
(b) Rear-Admiral Linois
(c) Mr. Ellis
(d) Captain Harte
12. Which of the following does Dillon believe to be Jack's biggest weakness?
(a) Willingness to be political
(b) Bribery attempts
(c) Willingness to punish those that do not listen
(d) Desire for prizes
13. What does the French doctor typically eat for breakfast?
(a) Gigantic, sumptuous breakfast
(b) Eggs and bacon
(c) Bread and honey
(d) Milkless cocoa and bread
14. Why could Stephen be shot?
(a) For putting white chalk into the food of the crew members
(b) For visiting a friend while captain of a ship
(c) For taking prisoners
(d) As a spy
15. What is the usual punishment for sailors aboard the Sophie?
(b) Confined to quarters
(d) Walking overboard
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Sophie head to Cape Salou?
2. Where does Jack go to see Mercedes?
3. Who is thrown overboard?
4. Which ship races for and arrives at shore?
5. Which of the following was the name of the character which was one of Stephen's patients who died in Chapter 10?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)