|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Stephen when Dillon is speaking with Stephen in the jolly-boat?
(a) Stephen finds a flaw with the disguise of the ship.
(b) Stephen falls overboard.
(c) Gravy is spilled on Stephen.
(d) Dillon confesses to Stephen that he let prisoners escape.
2. What did the gun crew hope to hit?
(a) Elm-tree pump
(b) Enemy ship
(c) Bobbing cast
3. What does Stephen believe the petulance between Dillon and Jack will lead to?
(a) Destruction of the crew
(b) Destruction of the ship
(c) A war
(d) A sword battle
4. Which of the following helps Jack to be successful?
(a) Bribery attempts
(b) Willingness to be political
(c) Desire for prizes
(d) Willingness to punish those that do not listen
5. Which of the following is a ruse de guerre?
(a) Church service
(b) Rules for punishment such as flogging
(c) Navy list
(d) Disguise of war
6. How long did it take for the first hit to occur?
(a) 2 min 5 sec
(b) 1 hr 5 min
(c) 25 min 15 sec
(d) 30 sec
7. What has Jack picked up from Molly?
(a) Serious illness
8. How does Jack feel about Mr. and Mrs. Ellis?
(a) Enjoys their company
(b) Finds hope in them
(c) Surprisingly entertaining
(d) Detests them
9. Who put white chalk into the food?
(b) The new midshipman
(c) Stephen's helper
10. What does Jack tell all of the Midshipmen to do?
(a) Write home
(b) Train for a promotion
(c) Choose men which would become midshipmen in the future
(d) To set sail for land
11. Why does the Sophie head to Cape Salou?
(a) To deliveer Stephen to his new home
(b) To retrieve a Spanish prize
(c) To deliver a prisoner to the Spanish
(d) To provide transportation to the Post-Captain
12. What is a covert distress sign?
(a) Dumping cargo into the sea
(b) Waving a white flag
(c) Raising a flag with the union downward
(d) Hanging a red flag out the wardroom quarter galley hatch
13. To whom does Jack write to tell of the capture of the Cacafuego?
(a) Molly Harte
(b) Rear-Admiral Linois
(c) Captain Harte
(d) Mr. Ellis
14. What is ironic about most of the seamen aboard the Sophie?
(a) They do not like Dillon.
(b) They do not know how to swim.
(c) They are uneducated.
(d) They are afraid of Jack.
15. What must Jack do in order to recover from his serious illness?
(a) Nothing, it is terminal
(b) Drastic diet
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes over command of the Felipe V when it falls to the Sophie?
2. What dragged Stephen down five fathoms when he was in the water?
3. Upon which ship do the men sneak up and take by surprise?
4. What will Ramis and Stephen be curiously examining?
5. Why could Stephen be shot?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)