|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stephen believe the petulance between Dillon and Jack will lead to?
(a) A war
(b) Destruction of the ship
(c) Destruction of the crew
(d) A sword battle
2. Which of the following best describes what a snow is as used in the following sentence: The Sophie is disguised as a snow with the object of creating another ruse.
(a) Merchant ship with 2 big masts and 1 smaller mast
(b) A battle ship with 2 big masts and 2 smaller masts
(c) A plague ship with 1 big mast and 1 small mast
(d) A transport vessel with 1 big mast and 1 small mast
3. What type of mission does Captain Harte tell Jack they will be going on next?
4. Which of the following was Stephen unable to see on the voyage when the Sophie was near Greece and Egypt?
(a) Great White Shark
(c) Sea gulls
5. Who takes over command of the Felipe V when it falls to the Sophie?
6. Who were there bad feelings between during the voyage?
(a) Jack and Ellis
(b) Jack and Dillon
(c) Jack and Stephen
(d) Stephen and Dillon
7. How many guns does the Caeser carry?
8. Who preferred to be far away from the bad-smelling and noisy experience of exercising the guns?
9. Which of the following words best describes Jack overall?
10. Which ship ran away?
(d) Santa Lucia
11. Which of the following is the best synonym for the word illicit in the following sentence: The ship had an illicit cargo of quicksilver.
12. What order does Captain Neal give to Stephen?
(a) To take on 50 prisoners
(b) To make himself presentable
(c) To promote Dillon
(d) To go and shower
13. Which of the following does Dillon believe to be Jack's biggest weakness?
(a) Willingness to punish those that do not listen
(b) Willingness to be political
(c) Bribery attempts
(d) Desire for prizes
14. Why does the Sophie head to Cape Salou?
(a) To retrieve a Spanish prize
(b) To provide transportation to the Post-Captain
(c) To deliveer Stephen to his new home
(d) To deliver a prisoner to the Spanish
15. Who is thrown overboard?
(a) Ellis' son
(d) New Midshipman
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the French doctor typically eat for breakfast?
2. What has caused negative reactions in the quarters?
3. What is Dillon afraid will corrupt his men?
4. Which of the following is the best synonym for the word tome?
5. Upon which ship do the men sneak up and take by surprise?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)