|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has caused negative reactions in the quarters?
(a) Jack having a woman aboard
(b) Leaving behind Stephen
(c) Dillon's choice to allow the two men to escape
(d) Jack's liking of Dillon
2. For what are sailors typically punished on the Sophie?
(a) Inability to swim
(b) Disobeying orders
(d) Refusing to write home
3. Why does the Sophie head to Cape Salou?
(a) To deliver a prisoner to the Spanish
(b) To retrieve a Spanish prize
(c) To deliveer Stephen to his new home
(d) To provide transportation to the Post-Captain
4. What is the usual punishment for sailors aboard the Sophie?
(b) Walking overboard
(d) Confined to quarters
5. Which of the following is the best synonym for the word tome?
6. What would come before Jack's promotion?
(b) Wedding ceremony
(c) Court martial
(d) Molly's death
7. What does Jack feel Dillon is challenging?
(a) His share of the prizes
(b) His bravery
(c) His relationship with Stephen
(d) His right to be captain
8. Which of the following best describes what a snow is as used in the following sentence: The Sophie is disguised as a snow with the object of creating another ruse.
(a) A transport vessel with 1 big mast and 1 small mast
(b) Merchant ship with 2 big masts and 1 smaller mast
(c) A battle ship with 2 big masts and 2 smaller masts
(d) A plague ship with 1 big mast and 1 small mast
9. What did the gun crew hope to hit?
(a) Enemy ship
(b) Bobbing cast
(d) Elm-tree pump
10. What does Stephen tell Jack is being sent?
(a) Treasure for the Sophie
(b) Orders from Spain
(c) Prison ship
(d) Warship to attack the Sophie
11. What do the men blow up?
(a) Dillon's ship
(b) Santa Lucia
(c) Fort overlooking the bay
12. What is Stephen concerned that Jack may have done with the prisoners?
(a) Treated them unfairly
(b) Provided inadequate care to them
(c) Provided them with a means to escape
(d) Prematurely landed them
13. Where does Jack go to see Mercedes?
(a) The Govener's mansion
(b) The Crown
(c) The Amelia
14. What type of mission does Captain Harte tell Jack they will be going on next?
15. Who does Jack miss?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who warns Jack about a possible attempt to provoke Jack's insubordination?
2. Who takes over command of the Felipe V when it falls to the Sophie?
3. Who threatened to denounce Dillon?
4. Which of the following does Dillon believe to be Jack's biggest weakness?
5. What happens to Stephen when Dillon is speaking with Stephen in the jolly-boat?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)