|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the officers dress to administer the punishment?
(a) Casual clothes
(b) In all white
(c) Gold-laced hats with swords
(d) Specific uniform only used during punishments
2. Where was Jack injured?
3. Which of the following characters has a hare lip?
4. Which of the following best describes Jack's behavior at the Harte's party AFTER he has too much to drink?
5. What did the Moorish cat ship hit first when they fired upon the Sophia?
(a) Port cockpit
(b) Starboard Guns
(c) Bower Anchor
6. Which of the following best describes Jack's behavior at the Harte's party BEFORE he has too much liquor?
7. Which of the following is a square hole beside the mast?
8. Which of the following words/phrases did Jack NOT think describing Maturin during the concert?
(a) Ancient wig
(b) Poor demeanor
(c) White-faced creature
9. What does Jack imagine using to beat down Maturin?
(c) Gilt chair
10. What did Maturin accuse Jack of doing incorrectly during the concert?
(a) Elbowing his neighbors inappropriately
(b) Making too much noise
(c) Singing the wrong lyrics
(d) Tapping out the beat
11. From which country were the people who attacked the Dart?
12. What does Jack indicate is the problem for sailors at sea?
(d) Sea sickness
13. What causes tears to come to Jack's eyes when he is settled in the cross tree?
(a) Perfect sky
(b) Sinking of the Sophie
(c) Destruction of the Charlotte
(d) Line of enemy ships in the sea
14. Of what religion is Dillon?
15. Which of the following was not a reaction to the punishment of the new man, John Surel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shows Stephen around the ship?
2. Which of the following terms best describes the type of thoughts Jack had when Maturin elbowed him during the concert?
3. When is Stephen told he will meet Mr. Dillon?
4. What does Jack compare the fish, birds and meteors to as he tries to convince Stephen to join him aboard ship?
5. What nationality is the ship that the Sophie chases and eventually catches?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)