|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Maturin tells Jack that he can be found where most any morning?
(a) Govenor's mansion
2. Who shows Stephen around the ship?
3. Of what religion is Dillon?
4. Which of the following characters has a hare lip?
5. Which of the characters cannot speak?
6. What did Jack mention to Dillon that was necessary to assign to the men?
(b) Jobs aboard the ship
(c) Duties aboard the ship
7. How do the officers dress to administer the punishment?
(a) Gold-laced hats with swords
(b) Casual clothes
(c) Specific uniform only used during punishments
(d) In all white
8. What did Maturin accuse Jack of doing incorrectly during the concert?
(a) Singing the wrong lyrics
(b) Making too much noise
(c) Elbowing his neighbors inappropriately
(d) Tapping out the beat
9. Where was Jack injured?
10. Why do the many officers gather around Jack at the Harte's party?
(a) Listening to him play a song
(b) Noting his prizes
(c) Undermining his authority
(d) Examining his sword
11. Who calls out when land is spotted aboard the Sophie?
(c) Starboard watchman
12. How long was the fish Stephen was called to see?
(a) 5 feet
(b) 1 foot
(c) 9 inches
(d) 2 inches
13. Which of the following is the best synonym for the word erudition in the following sentence: Stephen amazed Jack with his erudition in pointing out one special dish.
14. What did Aubrey and Maturin share with their coffee as their friendship started?
15. When is Stephen told he will meet Mr. Dillon?
(a) As he reports for duty
(b) At the evening meal
(c) At lunch
(d) At breakfast
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Jack to jump on a chair?
2. What is wrong with the new twelve-pound guns?
3. How many died on the Dart during that battle?
4. Where does Jack tell his guns aboard the Sophia to aim?
5. About how far was the recoil when the guns were fired?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)