|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Stephen wish could be friends?
(a) Jack and Stephen
(b) Stephen and Dillon
(c) Cheslin and Jack
(d) Jack and Dillon
2. Which word best describes how the French ship, The Citoyen Durand, surrenders?
(a) With a great battle
(b) They do not surrender
(d) After many days of battling
3. Where was Jack injured?
4. Which term describes Stephen in relation to pursuing revolution in the Irish cause?
(b) Perpetuator of the Irish uprising
(c) Close perpetuator
5. What does Stephen warn of as a deadly danger from a lack of ventilation?
6. Which of the following characters is the Commandant of all of the British Navy Captains stationed at Mahon?
7. What happened when the Sophie fired a warning shot toward The CItoyen Durand?
(a) The ship exploded.
(b) The crew increased their speed.
(c) The captain's wife went into labor.
(d) They dumped their prize possessions into the ocean.
8. What type of ship was the Dart?
9. What game do Dillon and Stephen share?
10. Who do Stephen and Jack visit at the dockyard after the snake incident?
11. Where was the gunner injured?
12. For which of the following did Dillon earn notoriety?
13. Which of the following is the best synonym for the word erudition in the following sentence: Stephen amazed Jack with his erudition in pointing out one special dish.
14. How many bells went off which subsequently woke up Stephen?
15. Where were the Norwegians hiding?
(b) A different ship
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what were the men who were punished aboard the Sophie accused?
2. Which word describes one of the motivating factors for Stephen to take the job?
3. Which instrument did the Commandant's wife play?
4. What does Mr. Ricketts teach a rudimentary course in what subject to Jack?
5. What did Aubrey and Maturin share with their coffee as their friendship started?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)