|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Dillon not admit to Stephen in relation to Captain Aubrey?
(a) He is unhappy to be working for a prize-happy captain.
(b) He is surprised that the captain has a patriotic motive for the war.
(c) He is unhappy to be passed over for promotion.
(d) He does not admire the captain at all.
2. Who visits the Captain saying that the warrant officers would like Stephen to share in their portion of the prize?
3. Which of the following terms best describes the type of thoughts Jack had when Maturin elbowed him during the concert?
4. Which word best describes how the French ship, The Citoyen Durand, surrenders?
(a) With a great battle
(b) They do not surrender
(d) After many days of battling
5. Which of the following terms does not describe Jack's encounter with Mrs. Harte?
(a) First name basis
(d) Unusually intimate
6. Which of the following is a synonym for the term aghast as used in the following sentence: Dillon was aghast at the harsh screams coming from the woman in labor.
7. What is a few guineas?
8. Which instrument did the Commandant's wife play?
9. What causes Jack to jump on a chair?
(a) A joke from Stephen
10. How many men were aboard the Sophia who were also aboard the Charlotte?
11. How long was the fish Stephen was called to see?
(a) 5 feet
(b) 1 foot
(c) 9 inches
(d) 2 inches
12. From which country were the people who attacked the Dart?
13. Who sabotaged Jack's chances for acquiring the French privateer?
14. Which of the following is the best definition of the term provinciality as used in the following sentence: Stephen speaks about Aubrey's provinciality.
(b) Of province
15. Why didn't Jack recognize all of the dishes on the table from what they ordered?
(a) There was a language breakdown
(b) Stephen ordered some
(c) The waiter made mistakes in their order
(d) They wanted to try something new
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is Dillon's political view?
2. Why do the many officers gather around Jack at the Harte's party?
3. Where were the Norwegians hiding?
4. Who did Jack call out and challenge to a duel?
5. How did Dillon choose to attack the two ships who were attacking the Dart from both sides?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)