|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following words/phrases did Jack NOT think describing Maturin during the concert?
(a) White-faced creature
(b) Ancient wig
(c) Poor demeanor
2. What is a remora?
3. How big was the ship?
(a) 80 tons
(b) 300 tons
(c) 200 tons
(d) 150 tons
4. Which of the following characters is the Commandant of all of the British Navy Captains stationed at Mahon?
5. Who does Stephen wish could be friends?
(a) Cheslin and Jack
(b) Stephen and Dillon
(c) Jack and Dillon
(d) Jack and Stephen
6. Who did Jack call out and challenge to a duel?
7. Which of the following characters' death is included in the Sophie's log?
8. Of what religion is Dillon?
9. Where was the gunner injured?
10. Who sabotaged Jack's chances for acquiring the French privateer?
11. How many died on the Dart during that battle?
12. Which term describes Stephen in relation to pursuing revolution in the Irish cause?
(a) Close perpetuator
(b) Perpetuator of the Irish uprising
13. What does Jack compare the fish, birds and meteors to as he tries to convince Stephen to join him aboard ship?
(a) Prize money
(c) Surgical prowess
(d) Strange and new people
14. What causes tears to come to Jack's eyes when he is settled in the cross tree?
(a) Perfect sky
(b) Destruction of the Charlotte
(c) Sinking of the Sophie
(d) Line of enemy ships in the sea
15. What dismays Jack about the Midshipmen which they promise to improve?
(a) Navigational exercises
(b) Animal identification skills
(c) Spelling skills
(d) Flogging skills
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Maturin accuse Jack of doing incorrectly during the concert?
2. What does the waiter bring to Jack after he tries to convince Stephen to come with him on the voyage?
3. What does Jack imagine using to beat down Maturin?
4. Which of the following best describes Jack's behavior at the Harte's party AFTER he has too much to drink?
5. Which of the characters cannot speak?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)