|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following words/phrases did Jack NOT think describing Maturin during the concert?
(a) Ancient wig
(b) Poor demeanor
(c) White-faced creature
2. From which country were the people who attacked the Dart?
3. Where is Dillon asked to take the French sloop that was captured?
4. How many men were saved from the Charlotte?
5. Who shows Stephen around the ship?
6. When is Stephen told he will meet Mr. Dillon?
(a) At the evening meal
(b) At lunch
(c) As he reports for duty
(d) At breakfast
7. How many died on the Dart during that battle?
8. Which term describes Stephen in relation to pursuing revolution in the Irish cause?
(a) Close perpetuator
(d) Perpetuator of the Irish uprising
9. Maturin tells Jack that he can be found where most any morning?
(b) Govenor's mansion
10. How many men were aboard the Sophia who were also aboard the Charlotte?
11. Where were the Norwegians hiding?
(a) A different ship
12. Which of the following characters was the captain of the Sophie?
13. What is wrong with the new twelve-pound guns?
(a) Do not fit in the slots
(b) Recoil too much
(c) Over shoot their targets
(d) Do not work properly
14. Everything for the crew goes well until they begin to do what?
(b) Corking the deck
(c) Climbing the ratlines
(d) Work with the guns
15. Who sabotaged Jack's chances for acquiring the French privateer?
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Stephen use the extra room that Jack offers him?
2. Who did Jack call out and challenge to a duel?
3. Which of the following best describes Jack's behavior at the Harte's party BEFORE he has too much liquor?
4. Who calls out when land is spotted aboard the Sophie?
5. What is Jack's paramount interest?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)