|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the characters cannot speak?
2. How did Dillon choose to attack the two ships who were attacking the Dart from both sides?
(a) With help from an ally
3. Which of the following sheets does Mowett say that the sailors will adjust first?
4. What was Gouges holding when he died?
(a) Drought of grog
(c) Cannon ball
(d) Birthday cake
5. Who was hosting a grand party?
6. Which of the following characters was the captain of the Sophie?
7. What does Jack compare the fish, birds and meteors to as he tries to convince Stephen to join him aboard ship?
(b) Strange and new people
(c) Prize money
(d) Surgical prowess
8. Which term describes Stephen in relation to pursuing revolution in the Irish cause?
(a) Perpetuator of the Irish uprising
(c) Close perpetuator
9. Of what were the men who were punished aboard the Sophie accused?
(d) Abandoment of duties
10. Where was the gunner injured?
11. Which of the following is a synonym for the term aghast as used in the following sentence: Dillon was aghast at the harsh screams coming from the woman in labor.
12. How many died on the Dart during that battle?
13. Where were the Norwegians hiding?
(b) A different ship
14. What nationality is the ship that the Sophie chases and eventually catches?
15. Which is Stephen's native country?
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Jack to jump on a chair?
2. How many men were saved from the Charlotte?
3. Which character does Jack stop to visit at the hospital before arriving at his new command?
4. Where is Dillon asked to take the French sloop that was captured?
5. Where is the setting as the novel opens?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)