|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Dillon choose to attack the two ships who were attacking the Dart from both sides?
(c) With help from an ally
2. What does Jack indicate is the problem for sailors at sea?
(b) Sea sickness
3. Who do Stephen and Jack visit at the dockyard after the snake incident?
4. Why didn't Jack recognize all of the dishes on the table from what they ordered?
(a) The waiter made mistakes in their order
(b) There was a language breakdown
(c) Stephen ordered some
(d) They wanted to try something new
5. What does the waiter bring to Jack after he tries to convince Stephen to come with him on the voyage?
(a) Applications for sailors
(b) Packet of orders from Captain Harte
(d) Another promotion for Jack
6. How many bells went off which subsequently woke up Stephen?
7. For what was the cake that Stephen and the French captain shared intended?
(a) Baby's christening
(b) Captain's birthday
(c) Stephen's birthday
(d) Wife's birthday
8. What happened to the Charlotte?
9. What did the Moorish cat ship hit first when they fired upon the Sophia?
(a) Starboard Guns
(c) Port cockpit
(d) Bower Anchor
10. Who sabotaged Jack's chances for acquiring the French privateer?
11. Which of the following was not a reaction to the punishment of the new man, John Surel?
12. Where is Dillon asked to take the French sloop that was captured?
13. What nationality is the ship that the Sophie chases and eventually catches?
14. For which of the following did Dillon earn notoriety?
15. Who did Jack call out and challenge to a duel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of ceremony was held once the Sophie went back to sea?
2. Everything for the crew goes well until they begin to do what?
3. For what does Stephen use the extra room that Jack offers him?
4. Which of the following characters was the captain of the Sophie?
5. Which of the following is the best definition for the term epaulette?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)