|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why didn't Jack recognize all of the dishes on the table from what they ordered?
(a) There was a language breakdown
(b) Stephen ordered some
(c) The waiter made mistakes in their order
(d) They wanted to try something new
2. Which of the following does Jack indicate he relied on for his own promotion?
(a) Saving the right person
(b) Brave deeds
(c) Very important acts
(d) A bit of luck
3. What type of ship was the Dart?
4. What is a remora?
5. Who sabotaged Jack's chances for acquiring the French privateer?
6. Which of the following is Dillon's political view?
(a) Wants an independent parliament
(b) Does not want separation from England or an independent parliament
(c) Wants separation from England
(d) Is in favor of a joint parliament
7. Which word describes one of the motivating factors for Stephen to take the job?
(b) Loss of his wife recently
(c) Basically penniless
(d) Escape from people who are looking at him
8. What type of ceremony was held once the Sophie went back to sea?
(a) One to administer punishment
(b) One to demote a sailor
(c) One to promote Stephen
(d) One to promote Jack
9. Which of the following sheets does Mowett say that the sailors will adjust first?
10. Where were the Norwegians hiding?
(d) A different ship
11. How long was the fish Stephen was called to see?
(a) 9 inches
(b) 2 inches
(c) 1 foot
(d) 5 feet
12. Of what religion is Dillon?
13. Who calls out when land is spotted aboard the Sophie?
(d) Starboard watchman
14. What does practicing beat to quarters simulate?
(a) Daily routines aboard the ship
(b) A war
(c) New sailing techniques
(d) An emergency
15. Who will be Jack's second-in-command?
Short Answer Questions
1. For which of the following did Dillon earn notoriety?
2. Who did Jack call out and challenge to a duel?
3. Which of the following characters has a hare lip?
4. What happened to the Charlotte?
5. What does Stephen warn of as a deadly danger from a lack of ventilation?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)