|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is Dillon's political view?
(a) Is in favor of a joint parliament
(b) Wants separation from England
(c) Does not want separation from England or an independent parliament
(d) Wants an independent parliament
2. Which of the following characters is the ship's surgeon?
3. What did Aubrey and Maturin share with their coffee as their friendship started?
4. Which of the following is a square hole beside the mast?
5. Which of the following is the best synonym for the word erudition in the following sentence: Stephen amazed Jack with his erudition in pointing out one special dish.
6. Which of the following is not true about Queenie?
(a) Babysat Jack when he was young
(b) Married to the Admiral
(c) Helped him when he was scared from bad dreams
(d) Married to the Commander-in-Chief of the Cat
7. Which of the following terms best describes the type of thoughts Jack had when Maturin elbowed him during the concert?
8. What was Gouges holding when he died?
(a) Birthday cake
(c) Cannon ball
(d) Drought of grog
9. What did the Moorish cat ship hit first when they fired upon the Sophia?
(a) Port cockpit
(b) Starboard Guns
(c) Bower Anchor
10. How do the officers dress to administer the punishment?
(a) Casual clothes
(b) Specific uniform only used during punishments
(c) In all white
(d) Gold-laced hats with swords
11. What type of ship was the Dart?
12. Who did Jack send to tell Stephen he would not make it back to port in time for dinner?
13. How many gun sloops did the Sophie have?
14. Which word describes one of the motivating factors for Stephen to take the job?
(a) Escape from people who are looking at him
(b) Loss of his wife recently
(c) Basically penniless
15. Who did Jack call out and challenge to a duel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shows Stephen around the ship?
2. Which word best describes how the French ship, The Citoyen Durand, surrenders?
3. For which of the following did Dillon earn notoriety?
4. Which of the following characters has a hare lip?
5. What is Jack's paramount interest?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)