|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men were aboard the Sophia who were also aboard the Charlotte?
2. Which of the following is Dillon's political view?
(a) Wants an independent parliament
(b) Does not want separation from England or an independent parliament
(c) Is in favor of a joint parliament
(d) Wants separation from England
3. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what is the crew practicing?
(a) Firing the guns
(b) Beat to quarters
(d) Raising the sails
4. Which of the following characters' death is included in the Sophie's log?
5. Everything for the crew goes well until they begin to do what?
(a) Corking the deck
(b) Climbing the ratlines
(c) Work with the guns
6. How does Mrs. Harte feel about Jack's promotion?
7. What is wrong with the new twelve-pound guns?
(a) Do not fit in the slots
(b) Over shoot their targets
(c) Do not work properly
(d) Recoil too much
8. Which word best describes how Stephen felt about the giant waves from the southeasterly storm?
9. Which of the following does Jack indicate he relied on for his own promotion?
(a) A bit of luck
(b) Brave deeds
(c) Saving the right person
(d) Very important acts
10. Maturin tells Jack that he can be found where most any morning?
(b) Govenor's mansion
11. Where was Jack injured?
12. From which country were the people who attacked the Dart?
13. Which of the following is the best synonym for the word erudition in the following sentence: Stephen amazed Jack with his erudition in pointing out one special dish.
14. Which of the following is the best synonym for the term appalled in the following sentence: Stephen was appalled by the lack of compassion Jack showed toward the survivors on the other ship.
15. What occupation does Mr. Florey practice?
Short Answer Questions
1. How big was the ship?
2. Which instrument did the Commandant's wife play?
3. Which of the following characters was the captain of the Sophie?
4. Which of the following is not true about Queenie?
5. What does Mr. Dillon read to the men at breakfast?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)