|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with the new twelve-pound guns?
(a) Do not fit in the slots
(b) Recoil too much
(c) Over shoot their targets
(d) Do not work properly
2. Who do Stephen and Jack visit at the dockyard after the snake incident?
3. How long was the fish Stephen was called to see?
(a) 1 foot
(b) 9 inches
(c) 5 feet
(d) 2 inches
4. Which of the following is the best synonym for the word erudition in the following sentence: Stephen amazed Jack with his erudition in pointing out one special dish.
5. Which of the following does Jack indicate he relied on for his own promotion?
(a) Saving the right person
(b) A bit of luck
(c) Brave deeds
(d) Very important acts
6. Who did Jack call out and challenge to a duel?
7. What is Jack's paramount interest?
(a) Increasing his rank
(b) Reaquainting himself with Queenie
(d) Prize money
8. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what is the crew practicing?
(a) Beat to quarters
(c) Firing the guns
(d) Raising the sails
9. Which instrument did the Commandant's wife play?
10. Which is Stephen's native country?
11. When is Stephen told he will meet Mr. Dillon?
(a) As he reports for duty
(b) At the evening meal
(c) At breakfast
(d) At lunch
12. How many bells went off which subsequently woke up Stephen?
13. What happened when the Sophie fired a warning shot toward The CItoyen Durand?
(a) The captain's wife went into labor.
(b) The crew increased their speed.
(c) The ship exploded.
(d) They dumped their prize possessions into the ocean.
14. How long was the interval between two shots?
(a) Less than 1 minute
(b) More than 5 minutes
(c) 3 minutes and 45 seconds
(d) 2 minutes 26 seconds
15. Which character does Jack stop to visit at the hospital before arriving at his new command?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a polacre?
2. What does Mr. Dillon read to the men at breakfast?
3. Everything for the crew goes well until they begin to do what?
4. About how far was the recoil when the guns were fired?
5. What does Mr. Ricketts teach a rudimentary course in what subject to Jack?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)