|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the Charlotte?
2. What is a few guineas?
3. How many gun sloops did the Sophie have?
4. What is Jack's paramount interest?
(a) Reaquainting himself with Queenie
(b) Increasing his rank
(d) Prize money
5. Who did Jack send to tell Stephen he would not make it back to port in time for dinner?
6. How did Dillon choose to attack the two ships who were attacking the Dart from both sides?
(a) With help from an ally
7. Which of the following is the best synonym for the term appalled in the following sentence: Stephen was appalled by the lack of compassion Jack showed toward the survivors on the other ship.
8. What did Maturin accuse Jack of doing incorrectly during the concert?
(a) Singing the wrong lyrics
(b) Making too much noise
(c) Elbowing his neighbors inappropriately
(d) Tapping out the beat
9. How long was the fish Stephen was called to see?
(a) 5 feet
(b) 1 foot
(c) 9 inches
(d) 2 inches
10. Maturin tells Jack that he can be found where most any morning?
(a) Govenor's mansion
11. Which of the following terms does not describe Jack's encounter with Mrs. Harte?
(c) Unusually intimate
(d) First name basis
12. How long was the interval between two shots?
(a) Less than 1 minute
(b) More than 5 minutes
(c) 2 minutes 26 seconds
(d) 3 minutes and 45 seconds
13. Which of the following words/phrases did Jack NOT think describing Maturin during the concert?
(b) White-faced creature
(c) Ancient wig
(d) Poor demeanor
14. Which of the following characters has a cousin joining the ship?
15. Which of the following does Dillon not admit to Stephen in relation to Captain Aubrey?
(a) He does not admire the captain at all.
(b) He is unhappy to be passed over for promotion.
(c) He is unhappy to be working for a prize-happy captain.
(d) He is surprised that the captain has a patriotic motive for the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nationality is the ship that the Sophie chases and eventually catches?
2. What does Mr. Ricketts teach a rudimentary course in what subject to Jack?
3. Where is Dillon asked to take the French sloop that was captured?
4. Which of the following is a synonym for the term aghast as used in the following sentence: Dillon was aghast at the harsh screams coming from the woman in labor.
5. Why didn't Jack recognize all of the dishes on the table from what they ordered?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)