|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Jack indicate he relied on for his own promotion?
(a) A bit of luck
(b) Very important acts
(c) Brave deeds
(d) Saving the right person
2. Which of the following characters' death is included in the Sophie's log?
3. Which of the following sheets does Mowett say that the sailors will adjust first?
4. What is Jack's paramount interest?
(a) Prize money
(b) Increasing his rank
(c) Reaquainting himself with Queenie
5. Which of the following terms best describes the type of thoughts Jack had when Maturin elbowed him during the concert?
6. How do the officers dress to administer the punishment?
(a) In all white
(b) Specific uniform only used during punishments
(c) Casual clothes
(d) Gold-laced hats with swords
7. How many men were saved from the Charlotte?
8. Which of the following words/phrases did Jack NOT think describing Maturin during the concert?
(a) Ancient wig
(c) White-faced creature
(d) Poor demeanor
9. Which term describes Stephen in relation to pursuing revolution in the Irish cause?
(a) Perpetuator of the Irish uprising
(b) Close perpetuator
10. What does Jack discount as a gnat in respect to Stephen joining the crew?
(a) Ability of Stephen and Jack to get along
(b) Understanding of Naval hygiene
(c) Language difficulties
(d) Complete knowledge of surgical procedure
11. Where was the gunner injured?
12. For which of the following did Dillon earn notoriety?
13. Who calls out when land is spotted aboard the Sophie?
(a) Starboard watchman
14. How many died on the Dart during that battle?
15. Which word best describes how the French ship, The Citoyen Durand, surrenders?
(a) With a great battle
(b) After many days of battling
(d) They do not surrender
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sabotaged Jack's chances for acquiring the French privateer?
2. What is a polacre?
3. What does Mr. Ricketts teach a rudimentary course in what subject to Jack?
4. What game do Dillon and Stephen share?
5. What is wrong with the new twelve-pound guns?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)