|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What game do Dillon and Stephen share?
2. Which of the following was some of Baldick's favorite medicines?
(a) Ward's Wine
(b) Ward's Water
(c) Ward's drops
(d) Ward's Sardines
3. With what did Jack threaten Jack if he disobeyed his order against helping the survivors on the plague ship?
4. What is a remora?
5. What did Maturin accuse Jack of doing incorrectly during the concert?
(a) Elbowing his neighbors inappropriately
(b) Making too much noise
(c) Tapping out the beat
(d) Singing the wrong lyrics
6. What causes tears to come to Jack's eyes when he is settled in the cross tree?
(a) Sinking of the Sophie
(b) Perfect sky
(c) Destruction of the Charlotte
(d) Line of enemy ships in the sea
7. What happened when the Sophie fired a warning shot toward The CItoyen Durand?
(a) The captain's wife went into labor.
(b) The crew increased their speed.
(c) The ship exploded.
(d) They dumped their prize possessions into the ocean.
8. What type of ship was the Dart?
9. Which word best describes how Stephen felt about the giant waves from the southeasterly storm?
10. How many men were aboard the Sophia who were also aboard the Charlotte?
11. Which of the following terms does not describe Jack's encounter with Mrs. Harte?
(b) Unusually intimate
(d) First name basis
12. Which of the following characters' death is included in the Sophie's log?
13. For what does Stephen use the extra room that Jack offers him?
(a) Living, as he moved into this room
(b) Reading his manuals
(c) Setting up his surgery area
(d) Seeing patients
14. What does Jack think the Moors did to make the cat ship a prize?
(a) Throw all the men over board
(b) Carved their symbol into the ship
(c) Burned holes in the deck
(d) Flew their own flags
15. What does Jack imagine using to beat down Maturin?
(a) Gilt chair
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters was the captain of the Sophie?
2. Who was hosting a grand party?
3. How big was the ship?
4. Who visits the Captain saying that the warrant officers would like Stephen to share in their portion of the prize?
5. Which of the following is a synonym for the term aghast as used in the following sentence: Dillon was aghast at the harsh screams coming from the woman in labor.
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)