|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with the new twelve-pound guns?
(a) Over shoot their targets
(b) Recoil too much
(c) Do not fit in the slots
(d) Do not work properly
2. What happened when the Sophie fired a warning shot toward The CItoyen Durand?
(a) The captain's wife went into labor.
(b) The crew increased their speed.
(c) They dumped their prize possessions into the ocean.
(d) The ship exploded.
3. Who will be Jack's second-in-command?
4. Which of the following is the best synonym for the word illicit in the following sentence: The ship had an illicit cargo of quicksilver.
5. Which of the following characters was the captain of the Sophie?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack compare the fish, birds and meteors to as he tries to convince Stephen to join him aboard ship?
2. Which of the following is the best synonym for the word tome?
3. Where does Jack tell his guns aboard the Sophia to aim?
4. With what did Jack threaten Jack if he disobeyed his order against helping the survivors on the plague ship?
5. How long did it take for the first hit to occur?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)