|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Jack's behavior at the Harte's party AFTER he has too much to drink?
2. What did Aubrey and Maturin share with their coffee as their friendship started?
3. What type of ceremony was held once the Sophie went back to sea?
(a) One to administer punishment
(b) One to promote Jack
(c) One to promote Stephen
(d) One to demote a sailor
4. Which of the following does Dillon not admit to Stephen in relation to Captain Aubrey?
(a) He does not admire the captain at all.
(b) He is surprised that the captain has a patriotic motive for the war.
(c) He is unhappy to be working for a prize-happy captain.
(d) He is unhappy to be passed over for promotion.
5. Which word best describes how Stephen felt about the giant waves from the southeasterly storm?
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what were the men who were punished aboard the Sophie accused?
2. Which of the following terms does not describe Jack's encounter with Mrs. Harte?
3. What does Jack think the Moors did to make the cat ship a prize?
4. What is a polacre?
5. Which of the following is a square hole beside the mast?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)