|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why didn't Jack recognize all of the dishes on the table from what they ordered?
(a) They wanted to try something new
(b) The waiter made mistakes in their order
(c) Stephen ordered some
(d) There was a language breakdown
2. What is wrong with the new twelve-pound guns?
(a) Recoil too much
(b) Over shoot their targets
(c) Do not fit in the slots
(d) Do not work properly
3. Which character does Jack stop to visit at the hospital before arriving at his new command?
4. Which word describes one of the motivating factors for Stephen to take the job?
(b) Basically penniless
(c) Loss of his wife recently
(d) Escape from people who are looking at him
5. What is the elm-tree pump used for?
(a) Washing the deck
(b) Providing fresh water
(c) Lavatories and wash water
(d) Shooting water at the enemy
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters is the Commandant of all of the British Navy Captains stationed at Mahon?
2. Which of the characters cannot speak?
3. Which of the following characters is the ship's surgeon?
4. What does Jack compare the fish, birds and meteors to as he tries to convince Stephen to join him aboard ship?
5. Which of the following is the best synonym for the word erudition in the following sentence: Stephen amazed Jack with his erudition in pointing out one special dish.
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)