|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the best synonym for the term appalled in the following sentence: Stephen was appalled by the lack of compassion Jack showed toward the survivors on the other ship.
2. What does Jack imagine using to beat down Maturin?
(b) Gilt chair
3. Which of the following terms does not describe Jack's encounter with Mrs. Harte?
(b) Unusually intimate
(d) First name basis
4. Why didn't Jack recognize all of the dishes on the table from what they ordered?
(a) Stephen ordered some
(b) They wanted to try something new
(c) The waiter made mistakes in their order
(d) There was a language breakdown
5. Who was hosting a grand party?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the words would Jack use to describe the types of currents wafting through his crew and officers?
2. Why must Stephen consistently provide Jack and Dillon with medication?
3. How does Jack feel about Mr. and Mrs. Ellis?
4. Why could Stephen be shot?
5. What is a remora?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)