|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jack tell his guns aboard the Sophia to aim?
2. What does before the mast mean?
(a) Raising the sails of a ship in surrender to the enemy
(b) Calling out a sailor of higher rank to compete in a duel for his rank
(c) Promoting a common sailor into a midshipman
(d) Stripping a midshipman of his status and turning him into a common sailor
3. Which of the following does Jack indicate he relied on for his own promotion?
(a) Very important acts
(b) A bit of luck
(c) Saving the right person
(d) Brave deeds
4. How many bells went off which subsequently woke up Stephen?
5. How many men were aboard the Sophia who were also aboard the Charlotte?
Short Answer Questions
1. How big was the ship?
2. What does practicing beat to quarters simulate?
3. Which of the following is not true about Queenie?
4. Who did Jack call out and challenge to a duel?
5. When is Stephen told he will meet Mr. Dillon?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)