1. How many commands did Captain Jack have before this story was written?
2. Which of the following characters is the ship's surgeon?
3. Where is the setting as the novel opens?
(a) Music room aboard ship
(b) Music room in Minorca
(c) Hospital in the Balearic Islands
(d) Governor's house in Mahon
4. Which instrument did the Commandant's wife play?
5. Which of the following characters is the Commandant of all of the British Navy Captains stationed at Mahon?
6. What did Maturin accuse Jack of doing incorrectly during the concert?
(a) Tapping out the beat
(b) Elbowing his neighbors inappropriately
(c) Making too much noise
(d) Singing the wrong lyrics
7. Which of the following words/phrases did Jack NOT think describing Maturin during the concert?
(a) Poor demeanor
(b) White-faced creature
(d) Ancient wig
This section contains 3,641 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)