Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what condition will Miss Simmonds welcome Mary back to her seamstress job?
2. Why would the boat that Mary rode NOT return to the same pier?
3. Who suggests that Mary hire a boat to catch up with Will?
4. Who does Job receive a letter from at the courthouse?
5. What is Jane Wilson's condition when Mary goes to see her at the beginning of Chapter 24?
Discuss the end of the novel. Were you satisfied with the ending? Did it surprise you? Why or why not?
The central theme of the novel, "Mary Barton" is the social differences between the rich and the poor. How are they treated in society? What struggles must each class face? Are they at all similar? How do they view one another?
The characters of the novel "Mary Barton" face many trials along the way, yet, for the most part, they remain hopeful. Discuss the recurring motif of hope in the novel "Mary Barton".
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)