Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Will Wilson's ship?
2. Who is arrested for Harry Carson's murder?
3. On what day is Harry Carson murdered?
4. Where do the police find the murder weapon?
5. What is the only food Mary has to eat at home?
Discuss the end of the novel. Were you satisfied with the ending? Did it surprise you? Why or why not?
Discuss the setting of the novel. How does the setting affect the narrative? How would the story have been different if it were set in a different time? Place?
Death is a recurring motif in the novel "Mary Barton". Discuss the deaths in the novel. What purpose do they serve? Why would Gaskell feature so many deaths in the narrative?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)