Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Will Wilson's ship?
2. Who is arrested for Harry Carson's murder?
3. On what day is Harry Carson murdered?
4. Where do the police find the murder weapon?
5. What is the only food Mary has to eat at home?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the setting of the novel. How does the setting affect the narrative? How would the story have been different if it were set in a different time? Place?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the work of the author, Elizabeth Gaskell, and determine how this novel compares to her other works.
Essay Topic 3
Gaskell uses language to make the characters more vivid and realistic. Discuss how Gaskell uses dialect and regional works to bring the Lancashire world to life.
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)