Short Answer Questions
Directions: Answer each question with the appropriate short response.
Short Answer Questions - Preface; Chapter 1 and Chapter 2
1. When does "Mary Barton" take place?
2. What country is "Mary Barton" set in?
3. What city are the Green Hey Fields located outside?
4. Who are the Green Hey Fields popular with?
5. What is Mr. and Mrs. Barton's daughter named?
6. How old is Mr. and Mrs. Barton's daughter at the beginning of the novel?
7. Who is Mr. Wilson's wife?
8. How many children do the Wilsons have?
9. Who is Esther?
10. What has happened to Esther?
11. Who does Mr. Wilson suggest may be a comfort to Mrs. Barton?
12. Why does Mary Barton's daughter slap Jem Wilson?
This section contains 1,982 words|
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)