|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36, Chapter 37, and Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John Barton do for a living?
(a) John works as a farmer.
(b) John is a vicar.
(c) John works in a factory.
(d) John is a teacher.
2. What good news do Mary and Jem hear of Margaret Jennings after they immigrate?
(a) Margaret has inherited a fortune.
(b) Margaret has become a famous singer.
(c) Margaret is pregnant.
(d) Margaret has gotten her eyesight back.
3. What country is "Mary Barton" set in?
4. How is the house that Mary is taken to described in Chapter 31?
5. What word does Mary want to ask Job the meaning of?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jane think Jem will ask to marry him?
2. In Chapter 11, who does Mary begin to ignore at work?
3. Who is Mr. Duncombe?
4. Who offers Esther a place to stay in Chapter 14?
5. What is the message of Job's reading to John?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)