|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, Chapter 16, and Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children do the Wilsons have?
2. Who does Jem Wilson rescue from the burning building in Chapter 5?
(a) His employer.
(b) John Barton.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
3. What has Alice just been doing when she meets Miss Barton?
(a) Playing music.
(b) Hanging clothes.
(c) Picking herbs.
(d) Writing a letter.
4. Where does Harry Carson first see Mary?
(a) At the market.
(b) In a shop.
(c) At the Green Hey Fields.
(d) At the factory.
5. Who does Jane say Alice is awaiting a letter from?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her neighbor.
(d) Her nephew.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mary reading when Jem Wilson visits her home in Chapter 8?
2. What does a policeman tell Jem isn't worth fighting for?
3. What happens to Mrs. Barton in the middle of the night in Chapter 3?
4. What document created by Harry Carson angers the Chartists?
5. When does "Mary Barton" take place?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)